Wisconsin

Parks

I am looking for a nice park around the Kenosha, Racine area for a wedding ceremony. Our reception is at the Racine Masonic Center, and we don't need a park for more then a few hours. We have looked at two parks in Kenosha (Wolfenbuttel and Lincoln) and really like Wolfenbuttel, just not sure how it would be set up for the ceremony. So I am open to any suggestions for parks.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Parks

• edited December 2011
    Wolfenbuttel is fabulous for ceremonies. Otherwise, it really depends on the modd you are looking for -

Lincoln has a very traditional beauty
    Petrifying springs is great for really natural settings (there are some very pretty areas with the bridges)
    There is a stunning beach in the Carol Beach area if you are looking for more of a lake scene

• aimee58aimee58 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you looking for a more open park or wooded/tree-filled?

There's a small park on South main street way at the end of main street overlooking the lake that's beautiful.

Cliffside park, pets park, and johnson park are nice too!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    More towards the lake. I emailed Festival Park which is near the reception venue we have choosen. Where is Cliffside park located at?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The following aren't necessarily parks, but may give you a similar feel and are near the lake:
    Wind Point Lighthouse
    Racine Zoo
    Racine North Beach
    Kemper Center

Festival Hall is where I'm doing my ceremony & reception.
  • edited December 2011
    With the Festival Hall, since all I need is the park, would I have to rent out the hall out too?? We already have a hall rented in case it rains or whatever, and we have our recepetion venue (Racine Masonic Center).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cc7003cc7003 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey starry---you decided on the masonic center!! Congrats! I meet with Wendy this week to finalize our details!

We're using Johnson Park for our ceremony. They have a huge shelter house there incase it rains---I know you said you have a hall booked incase of rain but it's another option.
    image 125 made the cut! RSVP date--August 22
    image 108 are ready for photobooth fun! image 19 are camera-shy!
    image 0 Can't find the post office!
    Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    hey cc, yeah we did. we really liked the history behind it, and it's really pretty! we are probably going to be using the doric hall in case it rains. but i will definatly look into that park as well. i bet you are getting excited as your wedding is getting so close! cannot wait to see pictures, if you post them on TK.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cc7003cc7003 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will certainly post pics afterwards!
    Good luck with the park hunt. We had a hard time with that aspect--trying to keep it close to the Masonic but I also wanted a shelter because even with rain I really wanted to get married outside! There were some cool spots at Petrifying Springs in Kenosha--if you don't need the rain shelter (or have a smaller guest list than ours) you might want to check that out.

I"m drawing a blank on any others that I liked but I literally checked out EVERY park in Racine and Kenosha!!

Love the pic of your cat BTW!
    image 125 made the cut! RSVP date--August 22
    image 108 are ready for photobooth fun! image 19 are camera-shy!
    image 0 Can't find the post office!
    Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if Festival Park would make you rent out the hall too. They have a tent outside that you can use incase it rains. It would probably depend on what day ofthe week and time of year you're getting married. If it's prime wedding season, they'd likely make you rent at least the tent, so that they're not losing money.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards