September 2012 Weddings

proof read my invitation pretty please? :)

sorry i dont know how to make it bigger :/

Let it be known both far and wide…

Saturday, the twenty-second day of September, in the year of our Lord two thousand twelve at noon, the honour of thy presence is requested to bear witness the marriage of Lady Angela
to Sir Clinton At the xxxxxxxx xxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx 
                                                        Cake and punch to follow the ceremony  Medieval and Renaissance attire encouraged

Re: proof read my invitation pretty please? :)

• How fun you are having a theme wedding!! I don't see any typos....lol....and the wording looks good!
  • ejheartejheart member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_proof-read-my-invitation-pretty-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:100f029f-57d4-4d11-a510-2e2406c25ef3Post:e0a220dc-c99e-4e4f-aaa1-adc0d54834ef">proof read my invitation pretty please? :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]sorry i dont know how to make it bigger :/ Let it be known both far and wide… Saturday, the twenty-second day of September, in the year of our Lord two thousand twelve at noon, the honour of thy presence is requested to bear witness the marriage of Lady Angela to Sir Clinton At the xxxxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx                                                          Cake and punch to follow the ceremony  Medieval and Renaissance attire encouraged
    Posted by AngB1230[/QUOTE]

<div>I kind of think you need a comma after "Lord" and after "twelve" since it's a description of "the year of Our Lord." Oh, also "Our" should be capitalized, since it's an honorable title.</div><div>
    </div><div>I think you also need to add "to" in "...the honour of thy presence is requested to bear witness TO the marriage of..." Also, if you add that "to" in, you may want to change it to "the marriage of Lady Angela AND Sir Clinton" since that makes a lot of "to's" in there! :)</div><div>
    </div><div>Other than that, it looks good!</div>
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_proof-read-my-invitation-pretty-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:100f029f-57d4-4d11-a510-2e2406c25ef3Post:e0a220dc-c99e-4e4f-aaa1-adc0d54834ef">proof read my invitation pretty please? :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]sorry i dont know how to make it bigger :/ Let it be known both far and wide… Saturday, the twenty-second day of September, in the year of our Lord two thousand twelve at noon, the honour of thy presence is requested to bear witness the marriage of Lady Angela to Sir Clinton At the xxxxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx                                                          Cake and punch to follow the ceremony  Medieval and Renaissance attire encouraged
    Posted by AngB1230[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I've read that if you're not getting married in a church, you shouldn't use "honour of your presence", but rather "pleasure of your company", and I thought from hearing your other plans that you're not, right?</div><div>
    </div><div>I'd include the attire note on the website, or on an insert along with the invitation. You're trying to achieve a certain feeling wtih your wording, and that note throws off the whole tone for me.

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_proof-read-my-invitation-pretty-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:100f029f-57d4-4d11-a510-2e2406c25ef3Post:315c3aa6-9d7b-4e34-8394-8bb506af9a6b">Re: proof read my invitation pretty please? :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to proof read my invitation pretty please? :) : <strong>I've read that if you're not getting married in a church, you shouldn't use "honour of your presence", but rather "pleasure of your company", </strong>and I thought from hearing your other plans that you're not, right? I'd include the attire note on the website, or on an insert along with the invitation. You're trying to achieve a certain feeling wtih your wording, and that note throws off the whole tone for me.
    Posted by doublenn[/QUOTE]

I don't think this is a hard-and-fast rule.  I'm honored by my guests' presence, and I don't feel that I need to have a church wedding for that! 

Anniversary

• how about this?......Saturday, the twenty-second day of September, in the year of Our Lord, two thousand twelve at noon, the honour of thy presence is hereby
    requested at the marriage of
    Lady Angela to Sir Clinton
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_proof-read-my-invitation-pretty-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:100f029f-57d4-4d11-a510-2e2406c25ef3Post:b5e8b87e-185d-47e6-bb7e-62ea162e1ab6">Re: proof read my invitation pretty please? :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: proof read my invitation pretty please? :) : I don't think this is a hard-and-fast rule.  I'm honored by my guests' presence, and I don't feel that I need to have a church wedding for that! 
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>It's actually a hard and fast etiquette rule. Here's a link from the Emily Post website (sorry, I don't know how to do a fancy link):</div><div>
    </div><div><a href="http://www.emilypost.com/weddings/wedding-invitations-and-announcements/335-wording-formal-wedding-invitations" rel="nofollow">http://www.emilypost.com/weddings/wedding-invitations-and-announcements/335-wording-formal-wedding-invitations</a> 

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards