Moms and Maids

Hey everybody, it's a doggy dog world.

Retread, I hope you don't mind. I borrowed this from the WP board:

[QUOTE]Actually, ahold is a malapropism, like "chester drawers." (It's chest OF drawers.)
Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

My favorite aunt likes to say, "Teach his own." (translation: "To each his own.")

Anybody else have one?

Re: Hey everybody, it's a doggy dog world.

• AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2013
    "For all intense purposes." (intents and purposes) "You've got another thing coming." (think)
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • "Minds well" (for might as well)
    "Could of, should of, would of" (obvious)
    imageimage
  • Wa-la!  really drives me crazy.

• Hot water heater.  It's a water heater.  It's not heating hot water.
  • Put her up on a petal stool
    Vanilla envelope

Not quite the same, but it drives me nuts when people say they COULD care less.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_hey-everybody-its-a-doggy-dog-world?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:0df64078-03df-430d-ae15-42e34632bb36Post:88968c35-99ee-4b4b-914c-e2c4b72c0fe0">Re: Hey everybody, it's a doggy dog world.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not quite the same, but it drives me nuts when people say they COULD care less.
    Posted by RWolff[/QUOTE]

Yes!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Tell me, please, if I'm off topic or just plain nuts, but one poster this weekend said the golden rule is: don't say anything, if you can't say something nice.
  • Kate61487Kate61487 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited February 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_hey-everybody-its-a-doggy-dog-world?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:0df64078-03df-430d-ae15-42e34632bb36Post:0e4a70b1-9413-432a-b9f1-8822915be84f">Re: Hey everybody, it's a doggy dog world.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tell me, please, if I'm off topic or just plain nuts, but one poster this weekend said the golden rule is: don't say anything, if you can't say something nice.
    Posted by NYCMercedes[/QUOTE]

yeah, definitely not the golden rule.

heighTH (instead of height)
    pacific (instead of specific - I surprisingly hear this one a LOT)
    I seen (vs "I saw" or "I have seen")

ETA: what is Indian ink?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_hey-everybody-its-a-doggy-dog-world?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:0df64078-03df-430d-ae15-42e34632bb36Post:d41fbb76-4029-4f56-bd46-68b6fa91e3e6">Re: Hey everybody, it's a doggy dog world.</a>:
    [QUOTE]"For all intense purposes." (intents and purposes)Posted by AddieL73[/QUOTE]

For all intensive purposes.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_hey-everybody-its-a-doggy-dog-world?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:0df64078-03df-430d-ae15-42e34632bb36Post:43c49473-06d2-437f-a978-7fd1ad2b5b94">Re: Hey everybody, it's a doggy dog world.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hey everybody, it's a doggy dog world. : For all intensive purposes.
    Posted by zitiqueen[/QUOTE]

Oh, crap! I knew mine looked wrong,too! Thanks, Ziti!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_hey-everybody-its-a-doggy-dog-world?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:0df64078-03df-430d-ae15-42e34632bb36Post:5334fb32-6459-4f7a-8136-52973b98dbf5">Re: Hey everybody, it's a doggy dog world.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hey everybody, it's a doggy dog world. : yeah, definitely not the golden rule. heighTH (instead of height) pacific (instead of specific - I surprisingly hear this one a LOT) I seen (vs "I saw" or "I have seen") ETA: what is Indian ink?
    Posted by Kate61487[/QUOTE]

India ink, I think. It's been a long time since I've heard this one, and I'm not sure what India ink even is.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_hey-everybody-its-a-doggy-dog-world?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:0df64078-03df-430d-ae15-42e34632bb36Post:88968c35-99ee-4b4b-914c-e2c4b72c0fe0">Re: Hey everybody, it's a doggy dog world.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Put her up on a petal stool V anilla envelope Not quite the same, but it drives me nuts when people say they COULD care less.
    Posted by RWolff[/QUOTE]

Me too!  I can't stand it, and always always notice which is used.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_hey-everybody-its-a-doggy-dog-world?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:0df64078-03df-430d-ae15-42e34632bb36Post:d41fbb76-4029-4f56-bd46-68b6fa91e3e6">Re: Hey everybody, it's a doggy dog world.</a>:
    [QUOTE]"For all intense purposes." (intents and purposes)

"You've got another thing coming." (think)
    Posted by AddieL73[/QUOTE]

You're correct: intents and purposes.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_hey-everybody-its-a-doggy-dog-world?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:0df64078-03df-430d-ae15-42e34632bb36Post:3fe6136d-2814-4428-b471-27f1fb12c325">Re: Hey everybody, it's a doggy dog world.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hey everybody, it's a doggy dog world. : You're correct: intents and purposes.
    Posted by NYCMercedes[/QUOTE]

I think what ziti meant was that the mis-used one is usually "intensive" rather than "intense"
  • Another I have seen written is "take for granite"

pitcher (for picture)
    ect (for etc.)
    imageimage
  • When I was little, I thought tubbalard and tubavore were words. I have since realised that tubs-of-lard and two-by-fours are things. Cool story, bro. 

Soak and wet, ie: She's ninety pounds, soak and wet (soaking wet).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Did anybody here ever have to wear hammy-downs when they were growing up?

• "Not for nothing"

I definitely wore hammy-downs.  
  • Immaculate degeneration (for macular degeneration)

I remember my fiance once describing a beverage as "puerile." He meant "putrid."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I saw someone on another board call a prix fixe menu a 'pre fix' menu.

• nwwoodsybridenwwoodsybride member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2013
    Yesterday driving around my boyfriend was singing Everything but the Girl's song "Missing". He said "and I miss you... like the desert's mystery"

It's supposed to be "Like the deserts miss the rain." He's so cute.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards