Snarky Brides

Where is everybody?

Re: Where is everybody?

• Mmm, deviled eggs. I would make them, I'm just afraid I'll eat them all myself before anyone gets here. Plus they make H gag, so there's that. Here's what I have so far, let me know if it sounds varied enough for a 7:30 non-dinner get-together:

- Artichoke hearts stuffed with spinach and brie
    - Caprese skewers (cherry tomato, fresh mozz mini-balls, basil and vinaigrette)
    - Marinated chicken skewers with sage and thyme
    - Spicy lemon shrimp with creamy lemon dipping sauce
    - Pita chips and hummus (storebought)
    - Mini pumpkin cheesecakes with chocolate crust and drizzle

And I am ashamed to say I've never read the HP books. BUT I plan to read or listen to them once I'm all done dissertating (tm Sarahnumbers) and can read for pleasure again. :)

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • YUM, MrsJesse, those dips sound amazing! And very fall-ish indeed. Thank you, I think I will try one instead of buying hummus!

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • You can totally read them in a week. DOOOOO ITTTTTT.... and then think naughty thoughts when you get to the parts about Polyjuice Potion.

And that menu sounds delicious. Can I come?
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_everybody?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a5972298-f333-4858-bcbf-cd07ea8bce0fPost:ec6016b8-83f6-4eb0-8250-463fcc138edc">Re: Where is everybody?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:  4. As a fellow LDR survivor, what do you think was the best part of a LDR for your relationship? for yourself? Worst?
    Posted by mrs.jesse[/QUOTE]
    It allowed us to communicate much more than if we had seen each other everyday.    It was also really hard/different from a lot of other couples, pretty much the entire first year of our relationship Corey was deployed.  The worst part was the worrying and the panic I experienced everytime the phone rang in the middle of the night thinking something had happened. 
  • Um yeah, I expect you to be there early to be my taste-tester, Sarah. Then we can both tell MrsJesse how awesome her dip is.

Amylydia, your sig always makes me a little choked up. In a good way.

• Do you guys get people coming up to you all the time and asking you for advice on how to survive an LDR? I feel like Yoda a lot.
    imageimage
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_everybody?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a5972298-f333-4858-bcbf-cd07ea8bce0fPost:6d28fb53-5558-4208-aa8c-9a3f10215615">Re: Where is everybody?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Um yeah, I expect you to be there early to be my taste-tester, Sarah. Then we can both tell MrsJesse how awesome her dip is. Amylydia, your sig always makes me a little choked up. In a good way.
    Posted by beatlesgirl25[/QUOTE]

NOM.
    imageimage
  • edited September 2010
    Boo for premature snow! Yesterday it was in the upper 80's here, and it hit 100 in Colorado where my parents are.

Sarah, my LDR was a massive failure, so thankfully I don't have your problem. ;) It's a compliment to be asked, don't you think? You guys are an amazing couple.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_everybody?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a5972298-f333-4858-bcbf-cd07ea8bce0fPost:96ffcacf-1859-490c-8395-9f78c38fa280">Re: Where is everybody?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Boo for premature snow! Yesterday it was in the upper 80's here, and it hit 100 in Colorado where my parents are. Sarah, my LDR was a massive failure, so thankfully I don't have your problem. ;) It's a compliment to be asked, don't you think? You guys are an amazing couple.

Aww, thanks love. It's nice that we're not doing the hard part anymore... although I'm still trying to figure out how to get him to close the cabinets when he leaves the kitchen. That is a mystery to me.
    imageimage
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_everybody?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a5972298-f333-4858-bcbf-cd07ea8bce0fPost:6d28fb53-5558-4208-aa8c-9a3f10215615">Re: Where is everybody?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Um yeah, I expect you to be there early to be my taste-tester, Sarah. Then we can both tell MrsJesse how awesome her dip is. <strong>Amylydia, your sig always makes me a little choked up. In a good way.</strong>
    It's one of my favorite pictures, it was one of the best days of my life.
  • MrsJesse, you're not allowed to give away the secret code until Sarah is married. I will report you.

Sarah, I hear clicker training works well for cabinet closing. But I also hear nothing works when wine and Mike's are in the mix.

Amy, are you married yet? When people don't have tickers or wedding sigs I just have no idea. ;)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_everybody?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a5972298-f333-4858-bcbf-cd07ea8bce0fPost:51af6662-53a2-4a54-a968-1c6c45a8ced9">Re: Where is everybody?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where is everybody? : I really can't even imagine going through that, serious strength you both must have. I'm thrilled for you that he made it home. Unrelated, love your names:) I'm an Amy too, and my brother is Corey with the extra "E".
    That's pretty awesome!  Everyone spells Corey with no E and it drives me crazy.
  • He is DEAD to the WORLD. I wonder if he took some kind of additive with his Mike's. Or maybe it's the complete lack of body fat.... stupid speedskating.

I've been thinking about carrying around a spray bottle to help with the cabinets, though.
    imageimage
  • We are already married, it will be a year on November 6th.  We are having the big "to-do" August 19, 2011 once he is out of the Army. 
  • Hi Roxy! How are you?
    imageimage
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_everybody?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a5972298-f333-4858-bcbf-cd07ea8bce0fPost:78cab885-538e-4aa7-a7ac-ec65476510f9">Re: Where is everybody?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where is everybody? : I actually laughed at that. I imagined you with a small super soaker squirting your FI whenever he walked away from an open cabinet. That's what my best friend does to her cat when he tries to eat her plants.

I keep telling him I'm gonna do this but he doesn't believe me. He doesn't know I already have a spray bottle, though.
    imageimage
  • Aw, that's cool Amy! Is this going to be like a white dress vow renewal thing?

Hi Roxy!!

Sarah, the image of you spritzing Charlie is making me giggle. We have several spray bottles for Monkey, and at the time the only ones we could find at the petstore were to keep the lizards moist, so ours say "Reptile Mister" on them in huge letters. It cracks us up when using it on our cat.

• Sadly, mine doesn't say anything cool on it. It's just yellow. But I could totally write REPTILE MISTER on it. I bet he would wise up and close those cabinets then.
    imageimage
  • Oh yes!  I've been planning for a while and it makes it even more special because the priest from my grandparents' church (they have passed and I was very close with them) will be doing the ceremony. 
  • Hahaha, I would love to see his reaction to that!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_everybody?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a5972298-f333-4858-bcbf-cd07ea8bce0fPost:d9d49b23-5632-4367-8a9a-cab5433c595d">Re: Where is everybody?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hahaha, I would love to see his reaction to that!

I bet it would involve cowering in fear.
    imageimage
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_everybody?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a5972298-f333-4858-bcbf-cd07ea8bce0fPost:24d0bf2e-7151-4066-ad1a-0a5d42ba3f41">Re: Where is everybody?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where is everybody? : I bet it would involve cowering in fear.
    Posted by sarah0725[/QUOTE]

Then you could be like, "See how crazy this makes me? LOOK AT WHAT YOU MADE ME DO."

Amy, that sounds really special!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_everybody?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a5972298-f333-4858-bcbf-cd07ea8bce0fPost:71c97604-3570-4b70-8dee-2579dc6fa6e3">Re: Where is everybody?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where is everybody? : Then you could be like, "See how crazy this makes me? LOOK AT WHAT YOU MADE ME DO." Amy, that sounds really special!

Well, whatever I have to do in the name of closed cabinets.

Also, I'm sad I dIdn't manage to find anybody when I let my freak flag fly about the Polyjuice Potion.
    imageimage
  • Hi! I'm good, just filled up on some brie/ pear pizza and fried artichoke hearts from Cheesecake Factory.
  • Sarah, don't worry. I don't even know enough about that to judge you. ;) Not that I would.

I want to be able to eat like Roxy and look like her too.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_everybody?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a5972298-f333-4858-bcbf-cd07ea8bce0fPost:bfa31e28-3ffa-46c3-b09f-028b281067fa">Re: Where is everybody?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sarah, don't worry. I don't even know enough about that to judge you. ;) Not that I would. I want to be able to eat like Roxy and look like her too.

Me also.
    imageimage
  • Me three... and I am very jealous you have a Cheesecake Factory.  I will be home soon enough but it's killing me.
  • Oh my god it's Sarahnumbers!  Hiiiii Sarah, long time no see :)

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Oh look, it's J&K here to shatter my dreams of going to bed in a timely manner. ;) Hi lovely!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards