Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Why bean???

We have a few people with "bean" in their screenname.  What's the deal?  Why did you pick bean?

I feel like I missed the memo :)

Re: Why bean???

• edited December 2011
    I didn't know the username was important and I wish I picked something more interesting.  

I am also interested in the bean.
  • mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe it's their nicknames? 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • DianaM27DianaM27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm with NCV on this, when I signed up for The Knot I had no clue how important the screenname would be, otherwise I would have tried to be more creative
    One of my bridesmaids and I sitting poolside Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    nickname since middle school. 
    October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    HA I was right!
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    The fiance calls me Bean. I told him my nickname was Jillybean and shortened it to Bean. I love it!
  • edited December 2011
    My friend in high school starting calling me jelly bean and it sort of caught on so when I went to make my AOL screen name in high school I tried to get JellyBean something that wouldn't be too hard to remember but everything was taken and so I dropped one of the l's in jelly. Since then my family calls me jellybean and I use it as a log on for a lot of websites. When I signed up for the knot to help a friend plan her wedding I never knew it would be my screen name for a posting board.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • edited December 2011
    See I was Gina Bean.... but my friend's dad called me Jelly Bean.  So this jerk face down the street decided that he didn't want to call me Gina Bean OR Jelly Bean.  So I became Jelly Gina.  Needless to say... I hate Jelly Gina.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_bean?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:0d6f43e2-dc76-4c2f-bba3-3dcf6fa1d02aPost:4ad38d3f-d18d-43a3-9ff3-76208eabe8d7">Re: Why bean???</a>:
    [QUOTE]See I was Gina Bean.... but my friend's dad called me Jelly Bean.  So this jerk face down the street decided that he didn't want to call me Gina Bean OR Jelly Bean.  So I became Jelly Gina.  Needless to say...<strong> I hate Jelly Gina.
    </strong>Posted by RecoveringActor[/QUOTE]

I would too.  

FI calls me knuckles... not fond of that either.
    my 2012 shelf:
  • Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dad calls me LizzieBean.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MH, I will from now on refer to you as HilBean, if that makes you feel better ;)
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • edited December 2011
    ra- lol. jelly gina. i would most definitely hate that as well!
    October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_bean?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:0d6f43e2-dc76-4c2f-bba3-3dcf6fa1d02aPost:4db023f6-b68c-4348-95ff-1efc1a7f6544">Re: Why bean???</a>:
    [QUOTE]MH, I will from now on refer to you as HilBean, if that makes you feel better ;)
    Posted by Amerbutt81[/QUOTE]

No, thanks, that's quite ok.  I'm just seeing a trend and had to ask.
  • Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Childhood nickname that just sorta stuck. My family, FI, and friends all call me Bean or "S". I've been discouraging the "S" nickname since Gossip Girl came out though.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    >>I've been discouraging the "S" nickname since Gossip Girl came out though. <<

I would embrace this. "N" is just not cool.
  • Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_bean?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:0d6f43e2-dc76-4c2f-bba3-3dcf6fa1d02aPost:d73e6d13-b1b9-4323-a2a2-c79787bd5924">Re: Why bean???</a>:
    [QUOTE] />>I've been discouraging the "S" nickname since Gossip Girl came out though. << I would embrace this. "N" is just not cool.
    Posted by nicole8586[/QUOTE]

My name actually IS Serina though! "S" makes me feel like a bit of a poser, even though I was "S" long before GG.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    >>My name actually IS Serina though! "S" makes me feel like a bit of a poser, even thoughI was "S" long before GG<<

then she is the poser!

Although I really like the name Serina and could never name any future daughters that because it would look like I did it for GG.

I call every one B if there name begins with a B. I guess I am lazy?
  • edited December 2011
    Bean is short for my last name and it is also a nick name since middle school
  • edited December 2011
    At least they are bean.

My sister's nickname was Tiney Hiney.

Yes.  And my father swears it's going in the wedding toast.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards