Canada

Ontario Honeymoon?

I'm looking for ideas for our honeymoon. We are on a budget so we are probably going to stay within Ontario, maybe Quebec. Anyone know of any nice resorts or areas that would be nice in July?

Re: Ontario Honeymoon?

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Niagara on the Lake! There are lots of lovely B&Bs and hotels. If you want a resort, I hear White Oaks is really nice.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was just in Niagara on the Lake this past weekend - been on 3 wine tours but always stayed in the falls.  It was so nice to walk around the little town instead this weekend, had a great brunch, got some baked goods, etc.  Plus the wine and dinner the night before was amazing!
  • edited December 2011
    Cottage country in July would be awesome, as well - it's not hard to rent a lake house, if you're more the outdoorsy type. Niagara on the Lake is beautiful but very busy, very beautiful, and very, very expensive in July.
  • edited December 2011
    It depends what you want to do on your honeymoon. Ottawa is a beautiful city, with lots of museums, but there's also outdoors things to do there too. It's a lovely city for walking around, the Canal is there, and you can slip across the border into Quebec to hike through Gatineau park.

If you're going to venture into Quebec, Quebec City is the closest you can get to a European feel without leaving  North America.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • nfp147nfp147 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My husband's parents live in Belleville and we love to spend time in Prince Edward County.  There are some really great young wineries, great restaurants, etc.
    Anniversary image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

TTC Since January 2011 - We have bad sperm IUI #1 (February 2013) = BFN Nestie Besties with Xan921
  • Habs2HartHabs2Hart member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Come on up to Muskoka.  Lots of lovely resorts on the lakes, or places you can rent a cabin or a cottage and just enjoy.  Lots to do up here but lots of relaxing to do aswell.  If you have any questions, pm me.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards