Attire & Accessories Forum

does anyone else hate their dress?

2»

Re: does anyone else hate their dress?

• I understand your dilemma. I tried on, and fell in love with, a couple of dresses at a boutique and then went to David's Bridal to see what it was all about. I figured if I had an opportunity to find a dress for under a thousand, I'd be an idiot not to at least have a peek. And I did not enjoy it one little bit. I think my mistake was in trying on dresses made of natural, more expensive material before I tried on cheaper ones, but I knew right then and there that I would gladly pay a more for a dress that I truly loved than one that I thought was okay. DB provided clarity and helped me have that ah-ha! moment that girls hope they have when trying on gowns. IF the Maggie Sottero dress is in your budget (I would vehemently argue against trying on dresses out of your price range), I suggest you try it on before you make your decision. You can always sell your DB dress on e-bay if you need to. Good luck!
  • I went ahead and bought that sash from the picture in clover. I am also considering a lace jacket. I'm thinking maybe if I dress it up with accessories, as one of you said, it might make the dress a completely different story. I won't have the sash until July 22nd, but I want to try on lace jackets with it immediately to see if it's an option. 

I'm really glad to hear exchanging is an option. If I get all of this stuff and it doesn't work out, it's good to know I have choices. Also, I love the breast cancer wedding dress donation idea. What a wonderful way to use the dress after the wedding!

I do have a picture of the Maggie dress I wanted. It's called Vanessa.

It still takes my breath away. It's $799 without the halter, and $899 with, and I would definitely get it with.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards