New Jersey

Gifts - yay! And thank you etiquette question....

So like many people, I have turned into (but gotten better lately) a registry stalker and know what has already been purchased.  I thought I had all gifts that were shipped sent to my mom's house, but I guess not from my BBB registry because I got a gift today - YAY!  They were wrapped and I was going to wait until my shower to open them (I know some people bring gifts that were sent and open them there), but my shower is a surprise.  Didn't matter any way because my fiance walked downstairs and since it was from his family he decided to open them!  Side note: he wasn't very excited over appetizer plates and a 4-bowl server....I like them :-)

Now to my question - do I sent a Thank You card now or wait until after my shower?  I don't know when my shower is but have a strong feeling it will be within the next 2-3 weeks. I figuring not this weekend because of the holiday and my mom knows I have stuff going end of May and June. 

Let me know your thoughts.  I wasn't sure if anyone else had this happen.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Gifts - yay! And thank you etiquette question....

• edited December 2011
    Personally, I think it's best to send a thank you note right away.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with Peaches, I would send a thank you card now.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I would do it now as well!
  • mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Send it now - it informs them that the gift arrived, plus you get it out of the way and done with.
  • edited December 2011
    Completely agree.  And you won't forget, in the flurry of other gifts still to come!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cindyn9178cindyn9178 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with all of the PPs. You should send the Thank You card now.
  • xstarx05xxstarx05x member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    for whatever reason I thought I couldn't send thank yous until after the wedding, and i didn't, and i was overwhelmed with the amount of notes to send because i was so burned out after the wedding! i definitely regret not sending thank yous right away. i recommend getting on top of that :)

save the date
    "Here we stand from two distant lands, brought together by His hand" <3 my Aussie <BR>
  • RamsKR01RamsKR01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies...wrote it out and it will be in tomorrow's mail :-)

I kind of had the feeling I should send it now - so she knows the gift came and it's one less to do later, but I didn't know if, since it's a shower gift, I should wait until after the shower.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards