Wedding Etiquette Forum

S/O Regs Poll

Which regs did you notice the most/were you drawn to when you first started lurking/posting?

At what point did you feel like you became a reg (if you consider yourself one)?

What do you think it 'takes' to become a reg?

Re: S/O Regs Poll

• I noticed Salt.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited February 2010
    Salt's blue balls, Moose, Fische, Mandy and her eleventy tickers AND Bec's facepainted bio

I dunno

Be hilarious
  • OOT, Salt, Amoro, Fische and ButterflyMBCA (not here anymore)

Not a regular

I consider a regular as someone who people know and who know other posters - interests, etc.
  • AHahahaha, my tickers!  I forgot about that.  That was fun.

I notice Jens and East's love almost immediately. 

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • I think the first regs that I noticed/read posts by were salt, fische and bec.

I don't consider myself a reg, I read a lot of the days posts at night but don't post very often.

I think you just need to be thick-skinned and have a sense of humor.  I'm starting to to think that having a cat is a plus as well. Pictures of said cat is an extra bonus.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_regs-poll-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c3b4edab-7bdb-41dc-b39a-cf27f6ac1f77Post:2dbd2aa4-8261-48d6-b961-cc69d847f81c">Re: S/O Regs Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Salt's blue balls, Moose, Fische, <strong>Mandy and her eleventy tickers</strong> AND Bec's facepainted bio I dunno Be hilarious
    Posted by vallyhoo[/QUOTE]

ahahah!!! I so remember this!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_regs-poll-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c3b4edab-7bdb-41dc-b39a-cf27f6ac1f77Post:2dbd2aa4-8261-48d6-b961-cc69d847f81c">Re: S/O Regs Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Salt's blue balls, Moose, Fische, Mandy and her eleventy tickers AND Bec's facepainted bio I dunno Be hilarious
    Posted by vallyhoo[/QUOTE]

I noticed the exact same people, Vally. I started posting about 2 months before you did, I think (may '09?)

I think I considered myself a regular after about a month of posting almost every weekday. But like I said before, I have kind of a low threshold for these things.
  • I noticed Daff and Mandy first.

I felt like I became a reg after I took some time off and people noticed I had been gone. It was kind of surprising.

I think you need to keep a level head and have your own sense of self.

• edited February 2010
    Jens, East, Frankie.

I'm not sure if I'm a reg or not.  I used to come WAY more, now I have a job.  I don't know if peeps know me or not.  

Hanging out, going to the mall, getting someone (edit damnit!) pregnant behind the middde school, you know the usual.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_regs-poll-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c3b4edab-7bdb-41dc-b39a-cf27f6ac1f77Post:d97ada15-15a0-4bd8-9028-6a2f49815d63">S/O Regs Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Which regs did you notice the most/were you drawn to when you first started lurking/posting? At what point did you feel like you became a reg (if you consider yourself one)? What do you think it 'takes' to become a reg?
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

East, Jens, Almond, Lala, BIP, Daff, Terri, psychbride, Franks, deliciapatricia....

Ummm...let's see. I don't know. Maybe when someone paged me? Or when people start responding to things you say in threads because they "recognize" you and aren' all, whothefuck made that comment, and just scan past it.

Uh...post a lot?
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Oh my god I'd forgotten about Mandy's tickers, those were hilarious!

I definitely noticed Mandy and Fische, but we all started posting super-frequently about the same time, so that may be why. And Amoro of course, because E was forever on her ass. And Franks, when she was around.
  • sucrets4sucrets4 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2010
    It was a year and a half ago and I really don't remember.

I felt more of a reg at night probably around this time last year and definitely more over the summer when I was on vacation.

Be around, not be an entitled brat, be amusing (at least sometimes).
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Is being a regular being equated with being well-liked? Like, someone can be a regular poster (posts a lot) but not always be funny, interesting, etc.
  • edited February 2010
    Which regs did you notice the most/were you drawn to when you first started lurking/posting? I noticed whit, because hers was the first thread that I posted wedding advice in. She seemed really sweet and I felt bad that she was having issues with her crappy BM. I also noticed that people really seemed to like this crfische person, but I didn't get it. I was like, okay, she posts a lot, what's the big deal? :) (I finally got it later on). And I noticed Daff was someone who wouldn't coddle people, as she told me in my very first post (my own thread about inviting kids to the wedding) not to invite anyone. Other posters I noticed right off the bat were Arb, lpstl (with her sideways tongue to FI sig pic), and aerinpegadrak (who seems to be exclusively on the reception board now).

At what point did you feel like you became a reg (if you consider yourself one)? Hm, don't know, as that's still a new title for me. I think, like others, having people mention you when you're gone makes you feel like you're sort of a part of things around here, for better or worse.

What do you think it 'takes' to become a reg? Be consistent in your opinions and how you present yourself, especially with the super-sleuthing skills some knotties have (I'm looking at you vally and arb), you will get busted if you try too hard to be too many things and contradict yourself. Also, have a sig! It's really so much easier to remember people by picture, at least at first.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_regs-poll-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c3b4edab-7bdb-41dc-b39a-cf27f6ac1f77Post:67274b05-0c24-482e-a7ab-c0fe2832820b">Re: S/O Regs Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh my god I'd forgotten about Mandy's tickers, those were hilarious! I definitely noticed Mandy and Fische, but we all started posting super-frequently about the same time, so that may be why. <strong>And Amoro of course, because E was forever on her ass.</strong> And Franks, when she was around.
    Posted by alixzafiris[/QUOTE]

Because I'm FAKE, and a LIAR and I don't live in Italy-- or maybe I did at one time, and just reuse the pictures over and over! And she called it THAT I'LL NEVER LAST ON HERE!!  Buahahahaha
  • Terribridelee, Franky, Stefibeth, Mariah&Steven, Lalaladypoet, delciapatricia.

I guess I felt like a regular when people thought my jokes were funny and when my name would come up in polls.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_regs-poll-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:c3b4edab-7bdb-41dc-b39a-cf27f6ac1f77Post:80dfb233-7dd1-458d-b983-5f79570d2b63">Re: S/O Regs Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is being a regular being equated with being well-liked? Like, someone can be a regular poster (posts a lot) but not always be funny, interesting, etc.
    Posted by rhodesign[/QUOTE]

Nope. In fact you probably noticed posters who post all.the.time. but really contribute nothing get called out in FFF regularly.
  • Being a regular does not mean well liked in my book.

At all.

The Margarita Evolution
  • I'm not sure I understand why you have to be well-liked to be considered a "regular".  I think there are regulars and popular regulars.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_regs-poll-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c3b4edab-7bdb-41dc-b39a-cf27f6ac1f77Post:aee9a7f7-d2a3-4e73-9a22-918d11496c63">Re: S/O Regs Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]AHahahaha, my tickers!  I forgot about that. 
    Posted by mandysmear[/QUOTE]

In honor of...
    *points down*
  • That's what I was saying kiki. Did it come out wrong?

I meant it to sound like "There are posters who are regulars who are not well liked, necessary."

Like, there are regulars I find horribly annoying, but that doesn't make them any less regular.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Nope, we're on the same page, fischey.  I didn't see your post before I posted mine.
  • Freakin' nice, Vallyhooha.

The Margarita Evolution
  • ::raises the roof::
  • I noticed frankie, buddha, fragglepals, daff, terri, and stefi first, although I think stefi came a couple months later. I could be wrong. but it was hard not to notice her.

I felt like I became a reg after I started posting day in and day out and knew wtf was going on.

doing likewise, which is why I don't remotely consider myself a reg anymore.
  • polichikpolichik member
    First Comment
    edited February 2010
    Which regs did you notice the most/were you drawn to when you first started lurking/posting?
    Ivy, Terri, East, Jens, Buddha, Lala (buddha and lala because they flamed me big-time for commenting on an un-PC term. I was terrified at the time, but I enjoy them now).
    ETA: I can't believe I forgot to say Daff. I've really liked her since the beginning, and she was one of the first people to seek me out and help me with WR stuff.

At what point did you feel like you became a reg (if you consider yourself one)?
    I've been posting on and off since June 2008, but I started considering myself a regular in September-ish of this year. It was really once I started getting to know girls on the board better. I was aroudn before but didn't connect as much. I don't know if others consider me a regular, but I do!

What do you think it 'takes' to become a reg?
    To have some sense of perspective on yourself and being open to ideas (I guess that's the definition of a "popular regular"). I don't find it a coincidence that I started feeling more connected around here until after getting the sh!t kicked out of me for posting about dresses a ton.
  • Dear Vally,

Mandy is busy at the moment, but she wanted me to convey to you how much she loves you. So much there are no words.

Love,
    Mandy

The Margarita Evolution
  • Which regs did you notice the most/were you drawn to when you first started lurking/posting? Frankie, roxi, stefibeth

At what point did you feel like you became a reg (if you consider yourself one)? I don't think I'm that much of a reg..not here as often as I was

What do you think it 'takes' to become a reg? Post here duh.
  • Which regs did you notice the most/were you drawn to when you first started lurking/posting?  Salt, Mandy, P2

At what point did you feel like you became a reg (if you consider yourself one)?  I guess I consider myself a reg?  Probably since the day of mass Facebook friending.

What do you think it 'takes' to become a reg?  Be around a lot, keep up with any drama, contribute interesting/funny stuff.
  • Valley-baby;

Mandy is busy right now, but she says she lubs you verra much.

Love... me! (and Mandy...)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards