Outdoor Weddings

Outdoor Seating

Hey everybody! I'm hoping y'all can help me out! I'm planning on getting married in October next year. We're going for a rustic theme with fall colors, and the wedding will be outside. We're on a pretty tight budget. A friend of mine knows someone that will let me rent white plastic chairs for pretty cheap for the reception. But I don't want to be worried all day about how to get chairs from the ceremony to the reception (which will probably all be in the same backyard, but still). I've seen a lot of really cute pics of the haybales with blankets on top and I think they can look really cute (picture below). But I'm a little concerned about comfort. Any suggestions or comments from people who've maybe tried it before or been to a wedding with this? Thanks in advance! :)

Re: Outdoor Seating

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_outdoor-seating?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:beba4dea-f291-42b7-bd69-ec03e6122a86Post:bfd4f8c1-efa8-49c6-acb1-7e5e73a4f04b">Re: Outdoor Seating</a>:
    [QUOTE]oh, and balletdawn, yours look really cute! what exactly were the kind of bags you said you covered them with?
    Posted by misscandice8907[/QUOTE]
    They were bags that we got (for free!) from a local coffee roasting company. They're the bags they keep beans in when they ship them to the roaster.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_outdoor-seating?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:beba4dea-f291-42b7-bd69-ec03e6122a86Post:87ebfddd-27ac-4915-9784-68d8dc9f6e82">Re: Outdoor Seating</a>:
    [QUOTE]Additionally, you can rent one set of chairs and hire a couple of guys -- possibly high schoolers who'll work for cheap -- to move them after the ceremony.
    Posted by aragx6[/QUOTE]

<div>This.  You would only have to hire 2 or 3 teenagers; they'll be super happy if you pay them $15 or $20 each, and that's a maximum of $60 for you which is less than renting two sets of chairs.</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards