Massachusetts-Boston

Wedding Dress Shopping

Alright ladies, I'm about to go bridal dress shopping. Any recommendations. I live on the north shore, looking for a place that has great customer service, great affordable alterations, affordable dresses ranging to $1500 (if thats possibleLaughing). Feel free to recommend any place north shore or south, just not Worcester would be too far for me.

Thank you so much

Re: Wedding Dress Shopping

• cinderellasjccinderellasjc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bella Sera in Danvers is GREAT!  and very affordable.  The staff are wonderful too! This is where I bought mine as well as my bridesmaids dresses.  Here is a link so you can take a peak....Good Luck!

http://bellaserabride.com/
  • gentel.smithgentel.smith member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bella Sera's gowns start at $1000+ so if you go there, be prepared that they may have fewer options in your price range. They are amazing there....I just know that I sent a friend there who had a $1000 budget and she ended up with a $2500 gown.

I bought my dress from Pure Bliss in Newburyport, and my max was $1500, and then had tons and tons in my price range. My dress ended up costing $1300 and it was the most expensive one I tried on that day! Christina was absolutely amazing, I had such a great experience there and would recommend it to anyone! 
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I went to Precious Memories in Malden and loved them. They were so helpful and had a great selection. My dress was $1300 and was very much around what all the oher dresses cost.
  • edited December 2011
    I bought my gown at Bell n' Bride, in Medford.  I absolutely love them.  They have dresses in all ranges.  Mine was under $1,000.  They cap their alterations.  I think it ranges for very little to $275-$375 the most.  I loved the staff.  They are AMAZING.  It was like shopping with your family and girlfriends.  So nice!  And you're the only one upstairs with all of the gowns to go through and do your thing.  The owner and Jody are the sweetest.

I loved Bella Sera, also.  The cost of alterations is what turned me off.  The dress I loved was $1,300 and then they told me to have between $500-$700 for alterations.

Precious Memories in Malden were very nice.  The girl just had no clue when I told her what I wanted.  My grandmother and I went through them ourselves and picked dresses out.  They also had pretty affordable alterations.

Vows in Watertown has new and used dresses.  Tons of options.

Pricilla of Boston warehouse is having a blow out sale so I'd check them out too.

If you want to venture to NH, there is Modern Bride, Mary & Tux and Madelines Daughter.
  • edited December 2011
    The Bridal Secret in Quincy!!!! The owner, Judy, was phenomenal and the dresses are beautiful and at a great price if you are on a budget,
  • edited December 2011
    Bella Sera is also my recommendation. Lisa and Heidi are AMAZING and so great to work with! My dress was only $1100.00 and the alterations weren't expensive at all. I only needed minimal work done to  my dress which is probably why. You can always take your dress somewhere else to be altered you are not obligated to have it done there. They usually have alot of trunk sales as well so look out for those to get a discount. I just found the staff to be very helpful and always so nice and accommodating. I would recommend them 10xs over!
  • edited December 2011
    I actually found my wedding dress at L'elite on Newbury Street, but ended up getting it at Bella in Amesbury because they were having a trunk show.  It is a beautiful small boutique shop and the girls are GREAT.  They are so attentive to you and aren't pushy at all.  I highly recommend it!!
  • Meggie32080Meggie32080 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Bella Sera too and had a good experience but I ended up getting my dress from Madeleine's Daughter in Portsmouth, NH.  I had a GREAT experience with them and they are so helpful and not at all pushy.  It is worth the drive!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards