Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Friday Confessions

Re: Friday Confessions

• edited December 2011
    My photographer blogged the wedding before ours this morning.  It was an Indian/Jewish wedding and its fabulous.  However, the thought that our wedding is up next makes me want to literally vomit and hide under the covers.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Cara, STFU you will be GORGE and I can't wait for Mike to post those pics!!!!!!!

So I hate when things aggravate me before noon. That is my confession.

I also confess i am excited its Friday!!!! And I get to leave work early!! 

And I confess I am excited to try a new restaurant tonight!!
  • a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I confess I'm really excited not to have any wedding stuff to do this weekend. I love planning but sometimes, I just really need a break!

B2B - What restaurant?

Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I also confess that DH and I are starting to look into real estate and buying a home.  And of COURSE the #1 trending topic today is about how the mortgage rates are rising after spending so long at an all-time low.  I have the best timing.
  • Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I confess that I still want to drop $600 on a dyson vacuum but DH refuses. He wants to be constant in our spending. aka if we're trying to save $20 bucks here and there then we shouldn't be dropping that much on a vacuum. While, all I see is him spending all this money at Lowe's that I think is unnecessary but that's just me be stubborn bc I know the stuff he's buying at Lowe's is necessary.

I confess that I'm happy it's Friday but I'm not that happy bc I still have to work on Sunday.

I confess that there is a huge bowl of candy for trick-or-treaters at work and I want to eat it all!

I confess that DH and I are going out to eat at a restaurant but I also wanna go to Max Brenner's but we can't afford to go to two places!
  • edited December 2011
    Northstar- Get a refurbished or remanufactured one online. SO cheap!!
    edited December 2011
    cara- how much is it rising? our rate is 4.6
  • edited December 2011
    Northstar - okay, its not drastic.  They are up to 4.23 from 4.21, but were lower (4.16?) earlier this month.  I don't know, I'm just starting to pay attention to this stuff. Overall, they are still very low.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_friday-confessions-20?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:6a44ce91-10c9-4208-bc61-c7281ed48725Post:bc64da1b-fe64-4c3d-a157-fc8c9cf783c9">Re: Friday Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]My photographer blogged the wedding before ours this morning.  It was an Indian/Jewish wedding and its fabulous.  However, the thought that our wedding is up next makes me want to literally vomit and hide under the covers.
    Posted by caraellen23[/QUOTE]

<div>1 Your wedding pictures are going to be incredible!  </div><div>
    </div><div>2 I HAVE to get myself invited to an Indian wedding.  They look amazing.  Although Indian food and my tummy do not get along all that well.  Spicy in general is not good for me.  </div>
  • edited December 2011
    I confess I am relieved to be done with wedding planning and wedding spending.  It is such a weight lifted!  It was so worth it, but I know how much work it is now - and it just feels so damn good to not have to worry DETAILS anymore!

I confess I am soooo impatient and waiting two months for our wedding photos to be blogged is going to absolutely kill me!  I am stalking the blog and she still has quite a few to go before ours!

I confess I've been looking up vacations for the Spring.  Yes - we just got back from 2 weeks in Europe.
  • edited December 2011
    I confess that I am so happy I will be getting my dresser this weekend.  I am tired of my clothes in stacks in the closet.

I confess I am also struggling with whether or not to buy a Dyson.  Our big thing is not only does it need to work well and last long, but it needs to be light- I can't lift heavy items because of my implant, and some of those vacuums are so heavy.  The Dyson Ball is the lightest one out there, and has decent reviews compared to other lightweight vacuums.  But spending that kind of money while trying to save up for a house is daunting.

I would NOT recommend buying a refurbed one, even if it is cheap.  Refurbed ones come with either no warranty or a basic 30 or 90 day warranty.  Regular Dysons come with at least 5 year warranty.  If it breaks, you are out $250-300 (which is what the regular refurbed Dysons cost, not the Ball).

I also confess that I can't wait to go back to work.  After so many years of being bedbound, having something to do with my life makes me really really happy.  All it is is the secretary job at the family business, but that's all I really want.  It opens so many doors now: start paying off my student loans, helps us qualify for more money for a house, helps us save up for a house sooner, and gives us a little more padding in the pockets.

Finally, I confess I am SO excited to figure out my mom's Christmas present!  Buying for her every year is so hard- we really try to get her useful things.  We got her an ornament in Disney (which she wanted, our family is HUGE on ormanents that have meaning), but I wanted to do something else.  Well, work has a photo scanner, meant specifically for scanning 5x7s or smaller into files.  DH said I can use it whenever I want.  My plan is to steal all the photo albums (1 at a time) from her house, scan the photos into the computer, and put them all on the external harddrive for her.  We have talked about this stuff over the years, and she said if there was stuff she had to save from a fire it would be the pictures and the external harddrive (which has all our digital pics on it), but that she didn't know how she would save all the photo albums because there are so many.  Now, this way, she can have piece of mind and all her photos digitalized!  I can't wait to see her face :)

Sorry for all the confessions :)
  • Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    edited December 2011
    I confess my costume is really coming together and I'm going to look like sass under a top hat.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I confess that, interspersed with work projects, I'm looking for a birthday present on etsy for one of my bffs! And the ratio of work to etsying is rather low...
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I also confess that I kinda miss getting all decked out for Halloween. When I worked in advertising, it was like a national holiday! Everyone dressed up for work, local vendors threw huge parties, etc. We're not even dressing up, and we probably won't get any trick-or-treaters at DH's place.

And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    edited December 2011
    COnfession part 2:  I actually thought yesterday was Friday.  I was confused when my alarm went off this morning.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • edited December 2011
    I confess I feel nauseous. Not sure if it is from nerves or the wine I drank last night.

I confess I am a little POed that a shower check bounced. Not about not getting the gift but that I had to pay $10 for some one else not having sufficient funds.
  • FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hahah LadyJ I was doing the same thing and literally about to confess the exact same thing - work = slow so my work = finding BM gifts and xmas gifts on etsy.

Cara - STFU is right! You're pictures are going to be AH-MAY-ZING!

I confess that I also may fake a migraine to leave work early...possibly around 3ish
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_friday-confessions-20?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:6a44ce91-10c9-4208-bc61-c7281ed48725Post:b4b4f309-8bb4-4f42-a5a3-bc5c092436e1">Re: Friday Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]COnfession part 2:  I actually thought yesterday was Friday.  I was confused when my alarm went off this morning.
    Posted by Amerbutt81[/QUOTE]

When FI's alarm went off this morning and he said "whatttttt I thought it was Saturday!"
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was searching on Etsy yesterday for BM gifts/xmas gifts too! I'm resuming my search after lunch when work slows down.

Nicole - Why did you have to pay 10 dollars? That's ridic!

I confess that I usually go all out on Halloween, but we have a wedding Saturday when all the big parties are so we kind of haven't thought about it. The problem is that the ceremony is formal but the reception is dress up if you want and I don't feel like getting changed in reception site bathroom haha. FI and I have some sweet vampire teeth from last year, so we are just going to pop those in after the ceremony.
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    bounced check fee?

ahhh when I was "younger" I always wanted a Masquerade wedding. Not dressing up but every one wears a fancy mask!

Cara - who is your photog again?
  • edited December 2011
    Cara- That is still sooo low. We bought our house in May and the rate was 5.25. Our mortgage guy even was talking about refinancing. The $8000 tax credit was worth it, but dang that's a sweet rate. Donut worry too much though. Unless you are like us and it take you and year and half to find a place!

I confess that I love dressing up for Halloween. We can do it at work and most people don't. I think that's silly. How much fun is it to wear something silly!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just as I read your post LadyJ...a woman in our IT department walked by in a giant tree costume and said 'I'd stop and talk to you but I see your busy so I will 'Leave' you alone" and then handed me a chocolate in shape of a leaf

hahaha

totally made my day
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Cara -  1)  Can't wait to see your pics!!  They're gonna be awesome, so shhhh.   2)  Anything below 5% is ridiculously amazing, so don't panic just yet.  I have 6 and 5.5 on two of my mortgages, and thought they were great at the time.  Winter always trends low in interest rates though, so I don't expect them to go too high - they will probably just bounce around in the low to mid 4's.  

LadyJ-  If you want something Halloweeny to do, you can go to the Yardley canal at night 6-9pm on Halloween to help light jackolanterns that people are carving Saturday to line the canal all week.  www.canaloween.com (I'm a volunteer, I love the idea!).

Northstar - I wouldn't let DH spend that much on a Dyson, I don't think they're worth it.. it's all name recognition.  We have an awesome Bissel, it's bagged not bagless (I hear bagged is better with fur)- it was a quarter of the price too and sucks up cat fur like no ones business:  http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Eureka+-+Boss+SmartVac+Pet+Lover+Upright+Vacuum+-+Purple/9533187.p?id=1218120179315&skuId=9533187

First Comment
    edited December 2011

Jess that is too funny!! I wish we were allowed to dress up at work :-(

edited December 2011
    ooodsie- thanks for saying that, it makes me feel better bc all the girls on the sept board love the dyson and recommended it to me. But also recommended Bissel if I didn't want to spend that much. It's good to know that it works very well. I think that's what we'll go with.
  • edited December 2011
    MY FILs have a Dyson and our Bissel works better then theirs. Especially on the pet hair. And it was like $180. I seriously love it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Oops wait I lied, I typed Bissell but it's actually a Eureka.   Whoops.
  • Play getawayPlay getaway member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     I confess... big.  I think i just saw my future ring :)
      i just got a text from FFI who is at the jewler and sent me a pic of it asking if i like it.   I love to be surprised but he was not sure about my style so we went and looked at a few, i showed him the style i liked and he went with it.  I LOVE IT.  So me and gorgeous.
     I wish i was surprised more but omg now its bittersweet, im so excited and just want it now!  :)
      I know it will take a bit though  before i get it b/c its being specially made since we have the main diamond to put in the middle  from his grandmother's ring.  but he is so bad with surprises, as soon as he buys me something (like for my birthday or christmas), he has to show me or try to give me hints  so who knows.  I just wanna tell everyone already.  You guys are my first!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I want to register for a Dyson but FI isn't too convinced of them...it was like pulling teeth to get the Keurig coffee maker on there!  We need to learn more about them though I confess.

I confess I am super pumped because tomorrow we are haivng our engagement pics taken! And FI is taking me out for my bday dinner to Delfrisco's  yum yum. So a nice relaxing weekend ahead- which is good, b/c October was insanely busy and flew by.

Is it 5pm yet?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards