Nevada-Las Vegas

Destination Wedding in Vegas - In Need of Advice

My FI and I are trying to pick a location for our wedding.  He lives in Chicago and I am in Houston.  We are trying to be economical but we also want our day to be as nice as possible.  We both love the idea of a destination wedding in Vegas and all the fun that could go with it.  Does anyone have any suggestions on wedding venues and reception sites (in-suite or restaurants)?  Our wedding is in August 2013 so we are trying to make some final decisions soon.

Re: Destination Wedding in Vegas - In Need of Advice

• I am guessing you are new to the board... If so, welcome! I would check out Vegasgroom's site, in a thread at the top of the page. It has information on all kinds of stuff, along with reviews. There are so many options! I looked into many chapel options before deciding on IP.
  • welcome to the board and congratulations. 
  • Vegasgroom's site is GREAT place to start! http://vegasgroom.com

I'm personally having our ceremony at Caesars (our package includes 2 nights free also so that helps a lot) and our reception at Joe's although there are tons of options, it just depends on what you're looking for.

Some questions people may ask to get a better idea for suggestions:
    1) How many people do you plan on having? (a lot of chapels have limits on the amount of guests which was our deciding factor for both the reception and ceremony)
    2) Is there a specific look you like? What I mean by this is how the actual venue/chapel looks.
    3) Do you want to get married outside or inside?
    4) Do you have budget?
    5) Do you want to stay on the strip or in the hotel you'll be staying at?
    6) Are you looking for an all inclusive place where you can have everything in the same spot?

These questions would apply to the ceremony and reception.

The popular places on the board though are Caesars Palace, Chapel of Flowers, Valley of Falls/Mandalay Bay, the Wynn, and Planet Hollywood. Although I know a lot of ladies are planning theirs at Imperial Palace because they just renovated their chapel and it's really nice and cheap if you're on a budget.
  • Have you been to Vegas before? If not, I'd try to schedule a scouting trip so you can get a better idea of what you like. There are so many venues in Vegas. The knot will let you simply click a button to get more information on certain venues you are interested in and they'll directly email you. Also, many of the girls on here have posted their post wedding reviews. I would recommend reading them as well. We're getting married at the flamingo and having our reception at the Wynn buffet but it just all depends what you're looking for.
    Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with the PP, definitely plan a scouting trip if you can. It really does help to see things in person. Another deciding factor on a lot of things was the reviews from fellow knotties. :)
  • Welcome to the board; ask any questions you can come up with!

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• SD210SD210 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    Welcome to the boards!  This place has been very helpful in planning. The folks on here can plan just about ANY budget wedding!  If you provide more info re: guest numbers, budget, etc., people will provide additional and more specific advice.  

I'm also getting married in August 2013.  August can be a "slow" month in Vegas, which is great because room prices are historically lower and our venue (the Bellagio) was flexible with our food and beverage minimum because we picked a "slow" weekend with no major events in the hotel ballrooms (we asked the Bellagio catering departement "which days are the least expensive" - -  if they don't have a big event, they certainly want to fill their space.  We also looked at the Foundation Room at Mandalay Bay, which is run by the House of Blues - - they were also very flexible with food & beverage minimums if we could be flexible with our dates.  If you are not set on any specific date, definitely be proactive about asking what is least expensive.

Vegas is a great place to get married!!   Happy planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Welcome to the post! As pp have mentioned it all depends on what you guys want. Ask anything you want - this board rocks - as everyone is nice and we all are trying to make each others wedding days fabulous!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_destination-wedding-in-vegas-in-need-of-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:499b4344-425e-4643-a472-4bff6f603efbPost:6172723e-8b36-4496-8e0d-0c8dc90c82e5">Destination Wedding in Vegas - In Need of Advice</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FI and I are trying to pick a location for our wedding.  He lives in Chicago and I am in Houston.  We are trying to be economical but we also want our day to be as nice as possible.  We both love the idea of a destination wedding in Vegas and all the fun that could go with it.  Does anyone have any suggestions on wedding venues and reception sites (in-suite or restaurants)?  Our wedding is in August 2013 so we are trying to make some final decisions soon.
    Posted by Miekac39[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Hi There! I am getting married in Caesars Palace on Sept. 1st! We are having out reception in Maggianos and a bachlor and baclorette party in Marquee pool party! There will be a lot of known DJ's from arount he world. I am actuall planning the last details as exactly in a month I will be saying I DO! Good luck! I will be back with reveiws! 

</div>
  • Thanks everyone for the responses and yes I am new to the boards. LOL. Here are a few details I forgot to mention: planning for 30 guests, budget is 7K, want a inside ceremony, want to stay at hotel on strip, we both have kids so need kid friendly venue.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_destination-wedding-in-vegas-in-need-of-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:499b4344-425e-4643-a472-4bff6f603efbPost:ccf92023-bdb5-45e1-a4dc-79fbe3003cc5">Re:Destination Wedding in Vegas In Need of Advice</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you been to Vegas before? If not, I'd try to schedule a scouting trip so you can get a better idea of what you like. There are so many venues in Vegas. The knot will let you simply click a button to get more information on certain venues you are interested in and they'll directly email you. Also, many of the girls on here have posted their post wedding reviews. I would recommend reading them as well. We're getting married at the flamingo and having our reception at the Wynn buffet but it just all depends what you're looking for.
    Posted by Kris10bixler[/QUOTE]
    Kris, thanks for the advice.  It has been awhile since I have been to vegas so a scouting trip would probably be a great idea.  I hope everything works out great for your special day.  Please let us know how everything turned out.  Congratulations!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_destination-wedding-in-vegas-in-need-of-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:499b4344-425e-4643-a472-4bff6f603efbPost:1163c229-a3a7-49d4-b9bb-acec34ab39b2">Re: Destination Wedding in Vegas - In Need of Advice</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Destination Wedding in Vegas - In Need of Advice : Hi There! I am getting married in Caesars Palace on Sept. 1st! We are having out reception in Maggianos and a bachlor and baclorette party in Marquee pool party! There will be a lot of known DJ's from arount he world. I am actuall planning the last details as exactly in a month I will be saying I DO! Good luck! I will be back with reveiws! 
    Posted by dlulek[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your response.  What is the Marquee pool party?  I have looked at the Caesar's Palace wedding packages and they look pretty reasonable.  I wish you all the best.  Sept 1st is just around the corner.  Looking forward to hearing your reviews.  Congratulations!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_destination-wedding-in-vegas-in-need-of-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:499b4344-425e-4643-a472-4bff6f603efbPost:68bbdae3-45df-43d4-9be1-a9f3a0e733c1">Re: Destination Wedding in Vegas - In Need of Advice</a>:
    [QUOTE]welcome to the board and congratulations. 
    Posted by southerncutie[/QUOTE]

Thanks southerncutie, trying to figure out how the boards work.  :)  I have gotten some really great responses.
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_destination-wedding-in-vegas-in-need-of-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:499b4344-425e-4643-a472-4bff6f603efbPost:3fd88fa7-b837-4905-b050-612ccfcfae6a">Re: Destination Wedding in Vegas - In Need of Advice</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome to the board; ask any questions you can come up with!
    Posted by vegasgroom[/QUOTE]

Thanks Vegasgroom.  Your website comes highly recommended. :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_destination-wedding-in-vegas-in-need-of-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:499b4344-425e-4643-a472-4bff6f603efbPost:885dee48-4465-4375-b38c-2d7dd1c1edfe">Re: Destination Wedding in Vegas - In Need of Advice</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome to the boards!  This place has been very helpful in planning. The folks on here can plan just about ANY budget wedding!  If you provide more info re: guest numbers, budget, etc., people will provide additional and more specific advice.   I'm also getting married in August 2013.  August can be a "slow" month in Vegas, which is great because room prices are historically lower and our venue (the Bellagio) was flexible with our food and beverage minimum because we picked a "slow" weekend with no major events in the hotel ballrooms (we asked the Bellagio catering departement "which days are the least expensive" - -  if they don't have a big event, they certainly want to fill their space.  We also looked at the Foundation Room at Mandalay Bay, which is run by the House of Blues - - they were also very flexible with food & beverage minimums if we could be flexible with our dates.  If you are not set on any specific date, definitely be proactive about asking what is least expensive. Vegas is a great place to get married!!   Happy planning!
    Posted by SD210[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your response.  Great suggestion on asking about days that are least expensive.  Will take a look at the Foundation Room.  Hope everything turns out great for your big day.  Congratulations!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_destination-wedding-in-vegas-in-need-of-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:499b4344-425e-4643-a472-4bff6f603efbPost:885dee48-4465-4375-b38c-2d7dd1c1edfe">Re: Destination Wedding in Vegas - In Need of Advice</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome to the boards!  This place has been very helpful in planning. The folks on here can plan just about ANY budget wedding!  If you provide more info re: guest numbers, budget, etc., people will provide additional and more specific advice.   I'm also getting married in August 2013.  August can be a "slow" month in Vegas, which is great because room prices are historically lower and our venue (the Bellagio) was flexible with our food and beverage minimum because we picked a "slow" weekend with no major events in the hotel ballrooms (we asked the Bellagio catering departement "which days are the least expensive" - -  if they don't have a big event, they certainly want to fill their space.  We also looked at the Foundation Room at Mandalay Bay, which is run by the House of Blues - - they were also very flexible with food & beverage minimums if we could be flexible with our dates.  If you are not set on any specific date, definitely be proactive about asking what is least expensive. Vegas is a great place to get married!!   Happy planning!
    Posted by SD210[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your response.  Great suggestion on asking about days that are least expensive.  Will take a look at the Foundation Room.  Hope everything turns out great for your big day.  Congratulations!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards