Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Too early to buy a dress?

If the wedding date is two years in the future....is 2 years too early to buy the wedding dress?  Would appreciate thoughts on this because I want to buy the dress but im not sure if its too early

Re: Too early to buy a dress?

• Options
    In 2 yrs, many things could happen. I suggest you wait on this, you might change your mind on it later plus you might find a better deal
  • Options
    I would wait.  You might see something else you like later.
  • Options
    I would wait til at least 1 year prior to the date! You might change your mind and most places do not allow you to return or exchange the dress once you take it out of the store.
    Wedding Planning Bio/Blog Here Updated as of 2/1/11 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2010
    Yes, two years is too far out.  What if you change your mind because your style has changed?  A ton of brides change their minds when they buy too early.  What if you gain weight?  Dresses can easily be taken in but letting a dress out can only go so far.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Wait, styles and trends change. Plus you don't know if the wedding gets called off or delayed further.
  • Options
    2 years is way to early. wait till a year before. if you buy a dress now i almost guarantee that you will change you're mind : )
  • Options
    Yes I think that is too soon. Alot can happen in 2 years. You could get pregnant, you two could break up, you could gain a ton of weight or lose a ton of weight..etc...etc...etc..i would wait

I ordered my dress when i had 10 months to go before the wedding
  • Options
    I agree with all the PP. It is best to wait. When FI and I got engaged we had well over a year to wait from the date that we set and I have waited till now to start trying on dresses or really even looking. Actually have my first appointment this last week Saturday.

I would wait because you really don't know what is going to happen or maybe even where the wedding will be. I would have been looking at different dresses if I was going to have a DW vs. church wedding and with two years to plan its hard to say what you might want.

Enjoy this time and just relax and have fun with your planning!! I know I have. Congrats!
  • Options
    I would suggest waiting until about a year out, maybe a bit later if you can.  Styles will change, and if you get something now, you're most likely not going to stop looking at wedding magazines and seeing new dresses.  I mean, how many articles of clothing have you purchased that you loved when you bought them, and then got sick of the idea of them by the time the next year rolled around?  You don't want that to happen with your wedding dress!

Go look.  Look a lot and see everything you can.  When the time comes to buy a dress, you'll be content knowing there is absolutely nothing better for you.
  • Options
    I would suggest waiting until about a year out, maybe a bit later if you can.  Styles will change, and if you get something now, you're most likely not going to stop looking at wedding magazines and seeing new dresses.  I mean, how many articles of clothing have you purchased that you loved when you bought them, and then got sick of the idea of them by the time the next year rolled around?  You don't want that to happen with your wedding dress!

Go look.  Look a lot and see everything you can.  When the time comes to buy a dress, you'll be content knowing there is absolutely nothing better for you.
  • Options
    I agree! I would definetly wait because in two years there are going to be new collections and something else that you may like a lot better. And if you buy this dress now and come across another that you really like you are going to be disappointed because it will already be to late.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards