Washington-Seattle

Rant & Rave Friday!

Happy Foggy Friday morning!  TGIF!!!!
OMH est. May 7, 2011
Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!

Re: Rant & Rave Friday!

• mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FTL:  I'm a total Scrooge around Christmas time too.  Something about it being Winter makes my DH a HUGE P-I-G around our place, he NEVER picks up after himself this time of year!!!

Also I'm also getting irked by several 30-something year olds on DH's side of the family who expect us to buy them X-mas presents.  X-mas gifts are for kids and very, very, close friends and family, NOT people we see once or twice every other year.  Their materialistic attitudes are making me want to celebrate Festivus!

ETA:  Screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew you Knot!  Why must they make the posts go in the wrong order Cry
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
  • mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rant:  My morning bus driver is a crazy c-word.  The c-word is the worst word I think you can call a woman, and that chick deserves it!  Today she wasn't so bad, but usually she'll flip out if those of us waiting for the bus don't line up in the exact way she wants.  I'm trying to think of how I can file a complaint against her, but she's not discriminating against anyone or breaking any of the listed rules for drivers.  She's just a BSC c-word!  I really haven't appreciated the extra stress in the morning this week.  I hope she's just a short term sub, and we'll get a new driver soon.

Rave:  I finally designed and ordered the wedding photo albums that DH and I will be giving to our parents (and 1 copy for ourselves).  They should arrive around Dec. 19th, hopefully a little earlier so that we can ship one to my ILs in time for Christmas!
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
  • edited December 2011
    ugh.. that's annoying mgoss I'm sorry :( blah. stupid family. We told his family that we weren't going to participate in the gift exchange (they draw names with the whole family) and his mom says "please, I'm sure you guys can afford a 50 dollar gift" 
    um.. ok. RUDE. 
    1. Our finances are none of your business. 
    2. it costs MONEY to fly with baggage now. The less bags the better. 

haha Yeah, H and I have very different ways of celebrating Christmas so we don't quite match up with it all. That's so weird and random that just around the holidays he gets messy...  O.o Case study? haha

LGM, I hope your grade isn't too awful. It can't hurt to go talk to a higher up about it.. unless your teacher is tenured... Then it won't do you any good, honestly. 
    but YAY for decorating :) We did that after Thanksgiving.. you better get on it slackerwoman! ;) 

• edited December 2011
    Rant: 
    -Oh eff. You just reminded me I need to do the parents' album. ACK! Ok.. added on my to-do list.. lol

-H has been frustrating me all week... And I'm having a hard time letting it go and just.. playing nicely.. Now it's totally on me because he has tried to make it up to me.. I just am being a grinch this Christmas. :/ 

Rave: 
    - H has a couple surprise dates planned this weekend to try to get me back in the holiday mood and I'm pretty excited about them!

- I totally peeped and saw what he got me for Christmas.. (he hides them, but he forgot to take the reciepts out of his wallet ) *bad girl*... he did well :) 
  • LGM22LGM22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rant: I'm still stewing over my teacher from this quarter.  I think I might actually go to the program director to complain.  I gave him a bad eval, but after submitting it he committed even worse acts.  I'm not even upset over my grade (I don't know it yet) I'm upset over the insult he serves to education and other teachers who take their job seriously.

Rave: We're supposed to be doing holiday decorating this weekend! 

Rant:  I really hate this next show I have.  I always get it and it's the last show of the year for me.  They never have their S*** together and so the exhibitors never have THEIR crap together.  I need to have the showfile ready on Monday and I don't even have a good floor plan for the show!  UGH!

Rave: My coworker is buying my loaded baked potato soup today.  You have no idea how scrumptious this soup is.  If anyone is near Georgetown - LMK - there's an awesome soup place that is to die for!!
  • LGM22LGM22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_rant-rave-friday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:104Discussion:8245ff78-ac32-4228-999f-d929a457addcPost:1f42cc0f-ce15-4a93-8c2f-14fba2c32323">Re: Rant & Rave Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]LGM, I hope your grade isn't too awful. It can't hurt to go talk to a higher up about it.. unless your teacher is tenured... Then it won't do you any good, honestly.  but YAY for decorating :) We did that after Thanksgiving.. you better get on it slackerwoman! ;) 
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]

It's BC - not tenuring:)  I don't see him on the schedule for next quarter so that might say something in and of itself.  I don't expect my grade to be too much, but I'm waiting until after to not impact my grade!

We're waiting because we get a real tree - I refuse to do fakes - so I didn't want to get a tree TOO soon.  I did that one year - it was dead by Yule! 
  • LGM22LGM22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_rant-rave-friday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:104Discussion:8245ff78-ac32-4228-999f-d929a457addcPost:9e67f302-df6e-4416-b6a4-cb43cd19c5fc">Re: Rant & Rave Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]FTL:  Also I'm also getting irked by several 30-something year olds on DH's side of the family who expect us to buy them X-mas presents.  X-mas gifts are for kids and very, very, close friends and family, NOT people we see once or twice every other year.  Posted by mgoss228[/QUOTE]

Eff that noise!  We told my family this year we were only doing kids, because well - budget!  Also, they (mostly) now know we're flying out.  Mom still doesn't.  FI's family and use never exchange gifts.  I refuse to now give the 17 year old anything either.  She's in college now - so screw that.
  • edited December 2011
    LGM- They can still tenure at Colleges/ Com Colleges. My Chem teacher at Skagit Valley College tenured. Just a heads up, but since he doesn't have that, your complaints can make a difference so that's promising :) 
  • edited December 2011
    lgm whats the georgetown soup place?i work in georgetown and potato soup is my weakness.
  • LGM22LGM22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chelsea - it's called LECTS Soup Stop and it's on Brandon: http://www.lectssoupstop.com/soup-calendar.html

Sadly you *just* missed the Loaded Potato for this month - they change soups on a daily basis, except the country veggie, but you have a 2 - sometimes 3 - day arch for the specialty soup.  They also have really good sammiches and also salads.  If you like grilled cheese you MUST get a cheese panini!  They're soooo good, and also very adorable.  Tomato soup and Grilled Cheese Panini is one of my weaknesses from there.  Chicken Pot Pie soup is also awesome!  LMK if you go and want any other pointers on good soups!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards