Hawaii

Oahu- Wedding Photographers

Good morning gals!

Would anyone be willing to share how much they spent  or are spending on their photographer? Or which photographer they decided to go with?

I don't plan on taking engagement photos since I am based in California so I just need a photographer for the day of the wedding.

I appreciate it! Laughing 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Oahu- Wedding Photographers

• morris1hmorris1h member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Erika Chan after a lot of searching.   She has such unique photos and she is on the high average end, but not crazy ($2300 - 2500 for 5 hours).  We contacted a lot of photographers but no one stood out till her.  It is a hard choice - good luck!! I am sure you will be someone fantastic!  :)
  • edited December 2011
    We used Frank Amodo and spent about $2800, but I'm not sure if his rates are still the same.  He went above and beyond!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you! I appreciate the feedback!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going with Dynamic Photo Group. They're a new company and I was lucky enough to get my engagement pictures for free because they're using them in their portfolio. After I got my e-pics back, I just had to book them. Here's they're website:

Email them for prices - it'll depend on how long you want them. 
  • edited December 2011
    We are using kai-photo. $2000 for 4 hours and an album. My cousin used them for her wedding and really enjoyed working with them.
    Ben & Jenn Nov 27, 2010 Oahu
    Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    We are going with Dulce...who is a branch of Visionari. Do you ever see the Pacific Wedding Mags? Visionari has done the cover (with Ralph Lauren) and has a spread in the middle. AMAZING. 2089 for 6 hours =) My sister hired Dulce, I saw the pics and was sold immediately
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Shawn Starr is another perennial favourite. Keep in mind that a lot of photographers travel between islands too! Mine, Joanna Tano, is on Oahu this year. And I know I just saw some Oahu pics up on Kim Aihara's blog!
  • prladyprlady member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dave Miyamoto is who we booked. We LOVE him & his wife Michelle and he does amazing work for a reasonable price. Check him OUT!!
    Margo & Brent
    October 12, 2011
    Lanikuhonua

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Eddy Fong from Renai Photography and he is absolutely fabulous. His pictures are beautiful, very artistic, unique and dynamic. I had my engagement session with him recently, received about 12 pics so far and I am ecstatic with the result...I usually take horrible pictures but all the pics I got were unbelievably awesome.

Let me add that we had engagement photo sessions with several different photog because 1) we're from CA and wanted to have some pictures with our dog 2) we later got another free engagement session in CA. By FAR, Eddy's pictures looked superior in every way. We looked happy and natural in his pictures, in the other 2 photog's pics, we looked cheesy and strained. If you are interested, lmk and I can PM links to samples so you can compare for yourself to see what I mean.

As for price, not cheap but I think silmilar to Shawn Starr, Frank Amodo and some others that were mentioned above...Eddy was willing to customize a package that met our budget. It was still a bit of a splurge for us but above anything else we wanted good pictures to remember the day, so I think definitely well worth it. A few hundred bucks extra for a thousand times better quality pictures that I have to live with forever is worth every cent.

Others we considered were Rachel Robertson, Sieber Studio and Bianca. All of those seemed to be good options as well.
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Shawn Starr for our wedding at Lani next year. He's been really responsive, accommodating and great overall. You can find his current prices on his blog. HTH!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards