Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Annoyed with caterer...vent

My caterer (CN Catering) is on the verge of making me scream! FI and I booked them at the beginning of 2010 and they were great, but now their coordinator is SO SLOW at responding to emails/phone calls. It's taken her close to a week to get changes made (which have been minor and only 2-3 changes have been made), and the last 2 times she has said she'd send me a new invoice later that day and it took 3-4 business days. I'm getting really annoyed with this...If you can't give me an updated invoice for 3 days just tell me so I'm not expecting it the same day!

This last change was just asking how many tables they needed for the buffet and bar and pasta station, because I have my final meeting with the venue this Friday to get table layout complete. I also added 4 tablecloths and she said she would send and update on Monday afternoon and let me know about the tables.

I'm sitting here Wednesday afternoon, no updated invoice, no answers to my questions and final payment due Saturday. She said she didn't want me to send in a payment for the most recent invoice and another payment later for the changes, so I guess if our final payment is late, it's her fault.

The one thing I won't miss about wedding planning is tracking down vendors. /endvent
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Wedding Countdown Ticker
image 157 Invited image 95 Attending image 60 Declined image 2 Unknown
RSVP Date: May 18th

Re: Annoyed with caterer...vent

• Options
    winechic25winechic25 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ugh, so sorry to hear this, and kinda makes me glad we didn't go with them, as they were on of our final two!!
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's almost over!!
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just breathe and keep calling.  You're down to the wire and it will all work out.  If she wants to take a payment after the event (and some aren't as concerned with it as you think).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hear ya. I had similar frustrations the last week. I didn't have my day-of timeline done until two days before my wedding. And even as I sit here, I don't have my final invoice from one of the vendors yet.

You'll feel lighter than air after the wedding ... all that stress just vanishes. (At least, it did for me.)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies..I'll just keep calling and stop stressing about it :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 157 Invited image 95 Attending image 60 Declined image 2 Unknown
    RSVP Date: May 18th
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    She's MUCH better on the phone... she also has to get everything approved by the owner-so a lot isn't her fault (though as a company they do need to figure that out). I've had similar frustrations, but really liked her when I met with her to finalize details.

ETA - just realized you had been calling... sorry it's been a pain.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    SeanchrysSeanchrys member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used them! The food was great. Staff was very new I can't even remember the girls name that was working with brides. Needless to say...um they accidentally charged my credit card $5,000 extra after the wedding. Took like 3 weeks to resolve. Kinda of a pain, so watch your statements after you work with them :) Good Luck!

• Options
    MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_annoyed-caterervent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:ed890c9e-5977-4867-a599-65bcf51e1fdaPost:31fef011-812d-462d-82d1-90a65d70bde1">Re: Annoyed with caterer...vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]We used them! The food was great. Staff was very new I can't even remember the girls name that was working with brides. Needless to say...um they <strong>accidentally charged my credit card $5,000 extra after the wedding</strong>. Took like 3 weeks to resolve. Kinda of a pain, so watch your statements after you work with them :) Good Luck!
    Posted by Seanchrys[/QUOTE]

MAJOR PARTY FOUL!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OH no!  I'm so sorry to read this.  If it helps any, we have worked with them at a wedding and the service was awesome and the food was amazing so perhaps all this hard work will end and soon and everything at your wedding will be perfect!  Fingers crossed :-)
    A Wedding Fanatic! -favorite tents: Jacqueline Chapelle- www.jacquelinechapelle.com -favorite photographer: Jonathan Ivy Photo- www.jonathanivyphoto.com
  • Options
    pattcpattc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We hired CN and then we started having second thoughts about their ability to execute when we started running into follow-up and response problems. 

Instead we went with Culinary Art Catering.  After I saw what it took Culinary Art to stage a spectacular wedding buffet at Old Red for my daughter, and after reading some of the CN issues on this board, I am very thankful that we switched.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_annoyed-caterervent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:ed890c9e-5977-4867-a599-65bcf51e1fdaPost:c42a58f4-ee1d-4b7d-9f9c-75bb993b3093">Re: Annoyed with caterer...vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]We hired CN and then we started having second thoughts about their ability to execute when we started running into follow-up and response problems.  Instead we went with Culinary Art Catering.  After I saw what it took Culinary Art to stage a spectacular wedding buffet at Old Red for my daughter, and after reading some of the CN issues on this board, I am very thankful that we switched.
    Posted by pattc[/QUOTE]

I loved Culinary Art Catering's food!! They were the only one out of the 5 caterers that I tried that made my requested spaghetti carbonara exactly like it tasted in Italy. YUM!
  • Options
    bwasekbwasek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Other than the delay in responding is there food good? what about pricing? Thanks- I'm just starting the planning process.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards