South Carolina-Charleston

Honeymoon Ideas?

So I am not from the Charleston, SC. I'm actually from the Chicagoland area. My FI and I are thinking about going to Charleston for our honeymoon though. The only problem is we really don't know what there is to do in Charleston; we have just heard that it's a beautiful place to visit. We both are foodies, history buffs, and like to have a nice relaxing time. Any suggestions would be great!
209 Invited image
141 Can't Wait image
19 Have Something Better To Do image
49 Can't Find a Mailbox imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Honeymoon Ideas?

• edited December 2011

There is plenty to do if your a history buff, foodie, and just want to relax. I would google Charleston South Carolina chamber of commerce. Figure out what kind of lodging you'd like.There are plenty of B&B's,and nice hotels.
    We have stayed in town,and also camped at Hunington Beach State Park, a little further north up the coast.
    But the first thing we do is get a walking tour guide at the local bookstore. You can walk the tour down to the Battery, or have a guided tour.We prefer walking you see more.
    Joseph's on Meeting Street is one of our favorite restaurants. I'm sure others can give you more recommendations.
    Good Luck,and have fun. It's one of our favorite places,one reason we're getting married there.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011

You might want to spend a few days on Kiawah Island - very relaxing.  Check out The Sanctuary.  I love it - it's where we are getting married and honeymooning.  We were there last August and it was wonderful - great food, beaches are perfect for walks and lots of wildlife.  The golf is amazing, too, if you play. 

• dvandyckdvandyck member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Charleston and it's people are so inviting you would love it. The food is amazing as it sounds like you have heard. You can also tour the low-country plantations, take a kayak adventure or nature cruise or go golfing. The nearby beaches are not crowded and great for relaxing. If fishing is something you want to try there are several piers and deep sea excursions. That's just a few ideas. We are not from Charleston but are getting married there in 1 month and staying at Folly Beach for our honeymoon. Here is the link to our mini-moon spot! The Sanctuary is also a great place but, they book up fast.

www.innatfollybeach.com

Hope that helps.
    Live the life you've dreamed... My Ovulation Chart
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards