Connecticut

Check!!!/Question

I put my deposit on the photographer today :-D  Such a relief to have that out of the way...

But they are totally booked for weekends in October, so we won't be able to to E-pics until November, missing all the great colorful leaves :(

Anyone have any ideas how we can compensate for this and still get great e-pics in November (I'm looking forward to being in sweaters! hehe)?  PS. We may be bringing our dog, so any ideas to include that?  (I'm "artistically" challenged)
"I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and lead me head first - Fearless"
Anniversary

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!

Re: Check!!!/Question

• edited December 2011

We did our e-pics in November of last year. We did more architectural ones in New Haven, utlizing the buildings of the city. We also did some in a park, so we still got some with leaves, just not bright leaves!!

As for your dog, I would just make sure your photographer knows you are bringing him/her. I'm sure the photog has shot with a dog before, or at least will have some ideas- they, after all, are the creative ones!!

P.S.- Not sure if i missed it, but who did you book?!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    TTC February 2013
    Melissa's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011

The first 2 weeks of Nov fall within the predicted peak foliage season too, so depending on your actual date you may not have much to worry about. You can check out the latest here:

http://www.ct.gov/dep/cwp/view.asp?a=2222&q=320738&depNav_GID=1631

• edited December 2011
    Congrats - that's so exciting! Who did you book?? I can picture very pretty New England photos with gorgeous branches everywhere casting dramatic shadows on the ground. OK, I'm really into this, LOL!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_checkquestion?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:a8cac3f7-8a82-421c-a6cd-da41b357e5c2Post:321ae2db-d2cc-4749-aa1f-18b1e6d428d4">Re: Check!!!/Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]We did our e-pics in November of last year. We did more architectural ones in New Haven, utlizing the buildings of the city. We also did some in a park, so we still got some with leaves, just not bright leaves!! As for your dog, I would just make sure your photographer knows you are bringing him/her. I'm sure the photog has shot with a dog before, or at least will have some ideas- they, after all, are the creative ones!! P.S.- <strong>Not sure if i missed it, but who did you book?!</strong>
    Posted by melabes9846[/QUOTE]

I booked A Love Story Photography!  So excited about it, because they are really good from what we saw from their portfolio, but really expensive.  Their main name is Annandale Photography, but "A Love Story" is a way for them to market themselves in a less expensive way (because Annandale is REALLY EXPENSIVE) to draw in a more extensive crowd (so you get the same quality photography at like 1/2 the price)

And I talked to them about the dog, and they know - their main concern was "okay, take a couple of shots with the dog, but then what? - Can't spend the shoot babysitting the dog..." so we are probably going to do that in the beginning and have our friend come with us to take the dog and walk him while we finish the shoot and meet up when it's over...

And I totally looked at that DEP thing too!  lol But I wasn't entirely sure, so I asked my friend who got married 2 years ago in November and she said that the leaves were pretty much gone by the time her wedding came in early November....
    "I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and lead me head first - Fearless"
    Anniversary

• SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're able to go at the beginning of November the leaves should still be colorful and around, it's near the end of November when the trees start to look barren.

I like Melissa's idea of using buildings/architectures if the leaves are all gone. Or you could wait a little longer and wait for a fresh snowfall in the winter.
  • 2bpescadita2bpescadita member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here are some thoughts: -          Christmas tree farms (the rows of pine trees will look like a maze)-          Old wooden barns -          Old Gillette castle-          Bushnell Park in Htfd, the carousel (not sure if it would be open)-          Local walking trails (tall trees, stone walls)-          Pumpkin patches-          Lyman Orchards (not sure if any good trees would be around but the scenery is nice)-          The train museum in East Windsor
  • edited December 2011

What part of CT are you in?  If you're in Fairfield County the leaves will still be changing.  I have a pic from when my DH and I got engaged at Mohegan Lake on 11/10/08 and the leaves are still changing.  The leaves tend to change earlier near Hartford and even earlier near Uconn b/c it's 1,000 ft higher in elevation (my FIL lives there).

I know that's a lot of random knowledge but it's something my DH and I talk about every fall when we visit his family.

• edited December 2011
    Here's one farther out...you can see the leaves better

• edited December 2011

Karebear - I just sent you a PM!
  • edited December 2011
    Have you considered having winter engagement photos? We did ours in December and they turned out beautiful! We had a lot of fun just playing in the snow!  Here's a few of our pics as an example..

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the great suggestions everyone!

I like the idea of the carousel possibly!  Any other ideas you have, keep 'em coming, I can use all the inspiration I can get hehe

I'm from and lhave lived in Southern CT (eastern New Haven/MIddlesex county) my whole life...I went to UConn for 5 years though, hence my possible confusion over when the leaves turn/fall....it seems really early this year that they started changing, even down here
    Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_checkquestion?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:a8cac3f7-8a82-421c-a6cd-da41b357e5c2Post:864dca5c-f376-4686-a991-bd877f641496">Re: Check!!!/Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you considered having winter engagement photos? We did ours in December and they turned out beautiful! We had a lot of fun just playing in the snow!  Here's a few of our pics as an example..
    Posted by swissarmymelody[/QUOTE]

Oh, and sorry swissarmymelody I didn't mean to exclude you!

I had thought about the idea of winter photos, especially because FI loves the snow when it first falls...but we're not sure we could deal with the cold lol...something to think about I guess...
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards