Florida-South Florida

OOT guest????

Is ist all your guest flying into town or everyone from far away?and yet how far is enough , 2-3 hour drive? I'm so confused. Im just not sure so I can start on my totes. and is it per couple or per person? HELP!!!

geri...

Re: OOT guest????

• jennej24jennej24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am not doing them because I don't have too many OOT. I think it should be one per room/family/couple and I would say anyone who is getting a hotel room is OOT. Or maybe if you don't want to make so many if they are getting a hotel room for more than one night?

• AlispidaliAlispidali member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a lot of out of town guests.  The deciding factor me was if you are staying at the hotel more than one night, you are getting a tote.  If you are driving three hours, the day of- no tote.  I'm not doing per quest or per couple, one for each hotel room.  Then little gift bags with snacks for the people just staying the night of the wedding.  Hope this helps.
  • Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It should be per couple but make sure there is enough for both in the tote. Also I think OOT is anyone driving really far or flying it, think of it as someone who is sleeping the night there b/c its to far for them to go back home. HTH
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • avmn10avmn10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did it per couple...and anyone staying in a hotel is getting one.
  • twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm making it per couple, and anybody who is spending the night is getting one.
  • edited December 2011
    To make my life simple, I am doing one bag per room, although there are a couple of rooms where the people staying are not from out of town (I have a couple of friends from Ft. Lauderdale that don't want to drive back because they will have some drinks at the wedding, which is in Coral Gables). 

Also, you need to check with your hotel.  At my hotel there is no charge to hand a bag during check in, so basically anyone that books under your block of rooms gets one (they can't really distinguish between those who are under the room block).  If, however, you want the bags deliver to the room (so that you can give to some, but not others) there is a $2 per bag charge.  By giving a bag per room, regardless of where they are coming from, I am actually saving money.  HTH.

By the way, I just bought my bags at Old Navy.  They are very cute reusable pink bags with a heart and say a work from the heart.  They are only  $1 each!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards