Georgia-Savannah

Outdoor Concerns-backup plan needed?

Hey everyone! I'm from Texas and planning an ourdoor wedding and reception at Forsyth Park next June. I have a tight budget and don't want to waste money on a back-up, indoor site that I might not even use. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

Re: Outdoor Concerns-backup plan needed?

• iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

The only other thing I would suggest is a tent.  You may need it anyway.  It's been 90*+ here since the middle of May.  Add that with the humidity in this town and your guests will be miserable. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Would you suggest a tent for the heat even in the evening? My ceremony won't start until 7:30 and the reception will go until 11pm. I completely understand wanting a tent as a back up in case of rain.

Thanks so much!
    edited December 2011

It's usually in the mid to upper 80's around 730 in the evening here.  By 1130, it is still in the upper 70's.  The humidity here is so thick, you can eat it with a fork. 
    Example:  I went to an outdoor wedding last month.  It started at 630 with the reception directly after.  By 730, a noticable amount of people had left.  By 800, more than half of the guests had left.  When we left at 830, there was mostly only family left.  Everyone was miserable.  The bride's hair had to be fixed twice because she was sweating so badly.  They had to cut the cake before dinner was over because it had started to melt. 
    I would have a tent that, if not air conditioned, at least has fans. 

• edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for your insights! This is def what an out-of-state bride needs!
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad to help.  Please let me know if you have any other questions.  I don't mind giving insight or helping you find an answer.
  • edited December 2011
    Most hotel ballrooms, etc are used to having the ceremony and reception in the same room due to adverse weather.

I've been to a couple of weddings where the guests were seated at their tables for the vows, although most of the time the staff does rearrange the room while everyone is in the lobby having a drink or two.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards