Washington-Seattle

Photobooths?

So maybe I've watched a wedding show or two in the presence of FI and maybe he's seen a photobooth in use at more than one wedding.  He's thought it was a cool idea and wanted to look into it to see if it would be something we'd want to do (read: I do the research.)

Did anyone have one at their wedding?  Has anyone been to a wedding with a photobooth?  What are general thoughts on photobooths?

Thanks!
L

Re: Photobooths?

• edited December 2011
    I haven't... We wanted to do one but we just kinda blanked on it until last minute and then said "oops!" lol
    I think they are super fun and everyone loves them. 
    Keep an eye on livingsocial.com though!!! HAve you ever used that site? I have used it for SOOO many things and I ALWAYS see photobooth deals on there! Love! :] 
  • edited December 2011
    I think I saw a Living Social deal a few days ago! I think it's a fun idea - I own a business where we have a photo booth and it's very very popular!
  • edited December 2011
    A lot of photographers can get you a photo booth or even your DJ can arrange it. You will also want to check with your venue to see if they allow it/have room for it. My venue said I wouldn't be able to have one because of lack of indoor space for it.
  • edited December 2011
    another option would be to DIY a photobooth, make a backround (easy, really, just make a frame out of PVC and hang some white fabric or curtians from it), set a camera on a tripod (depending on what camera you have) and get an instant printer, making sure to have photo paper and two SD cards. We're getting one of the new polaroid cameras and a bunch of film along with a box of props, but no backround. We're just going to set up a table with the items, an instruction booklet for reloading the film, the props and a bunch of "i spy" cards giving people photo ideas and a book that people can put their pictures in and write their names down on so we can have it after the wedding. Pretty easy, and fairly cheap compared to renting an actual photo booth, plus it uses a LOT less room than said booth, with the added fun of the props :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I wanted to do a photobooth, but was too cheap in the end to justify paying for it, so we made an Ispy table game instead, kind of like Casey_romaine. 

If you can find a deal for one, I say do it!  Or do your own.  My cousin and her hubby did a DIY photobooth at their wedding, and had a little whiteboard that everyone could write a message to the bride and groom on that they would hold up when they took their picture.  Very cool.  :)

~Briana
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • LGM22LGM22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys!!  I'll keep an eye on living social too - I have groupon constantly dumping deals in my inbox I have NO desire to do (I swear, I got one once and never even used it because we were waiting for the friends we got it with ugh!)

FI can be crafty sometimes too.  He likes the idea of a photobooth you can go into and be goofy with, not just a backdrop (which is what our photographer has) so maybe if I tell him to build one he will HAHA.  He's built a cat tree and a coffin - why not a photobooth?

L
  • edited December 2011
    haha That's an idea :P I like it. 
    Oh man.. yeah I get a lot of groupon, living social stuff... I don't care for groupon as much because it's a little complicated to me, whereas livingsocial is really simple and plain which makes it easier... YOu are missing out woman! I have done so many cheap wine tours, innertubing in Leavenworth, skiing, kayaking, etc with Livingsocial :] I'll keep an eye out too for ya, and let you know when I see the photobooth pop up again :] 
  • edited December 2011
    I have only bought 1 or 2 groupons but I love living social! And no more rack, they are my favorite deal sites!
  • LGM22LGM22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I joined LS (and funny enough Pinster -  though that's not really related) and will keep an eye out.  FI and I need to get out more - maybe this will help!
  • edited December 2011
    im planning to have a photobooth at my wedding too... there are a lot of different companies in seattle who do them (usually starting at $400-500 for 2 hours and then increasing in price from there).  I think they're a lot of fun for guests (my mom disagrees and says it takes away from the couple)...  however, we're also opting to do it for cheaper by making a backdrop and having the assistant photographer man the booth.
  • LGM22LGM22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you mind sending me the companies you've found for that cheap?  I'm finding companies that are all 1000+
  • edited December 2011
    LGM seriously. Eye on LS... There was one for 350 for 3 hours not long ago. :] *fingers crossed* it pops up again! 
  • LGM22LGM22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_photobooths?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:104Discussion:8c1d3aae-8e25-4d73-84f4-2958051e8de1Post:f035248b-e75f-42e1-849b-6e424478e6de">Re: Photobooths?</a>:
    [QUOTE]LGM seriously. Eye on LS... There was one for 350 for 3 hours not long ago. :] *fingers crossed* it pops up again! 
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]

Awesome because dude - just got a quote for one for 1600....*sigh*  He suggests it and demmit now I want it.

Lame.
  • edited December 2011
    http://www.chaotimephotobooth.com/ was one of the cheapest I've seen $390 for 2 hours (although it looks like they're not coming to the seattle area anymore =( - if your wedding is withing 100 miles of portland it would still work. 

Looks like the others are around 1000 for 3 hours (limelight has $200 off if you book this year).  But look for living social/groupons - I've seen photobooth rentals there too (although make sure you read the expiration date - some of them are only valid for 6 months not 1 year)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards