Snarky Brides

Morning!

Re: Morning!

• AATB, have you seen a dermatologist about it? When I had the one on the bottom of my toe, I tried treating it OTC but basically just ended up burning the skin around it and putting myself through a lot of pain.

The doc cut it out, and while that hurt like a bitch, it got rid of it. Well, after 2 removals.
  • edited April 2012
    Omg you guys.  I just found out that a media relations colleague of mine from a nearby college died over the weekend in a farm accident.  I'm all depressed now :( Oh dear.
    panther
  • eeeesh!  Then I'm sorry AATB, I'm with Blue, you should go to the doc.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • what an fascinating topic! :\

Mine would hurt too, I think that's a good thing? You're killing it at least. Yeah, you gotta get those roots out and that will hurt like a biatch.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hahahaha.  My H's cousin (who lives in Germany and speaks both German and English fluently) sent him something that is in German that he can't understand.  So in response, he posted a video on her FB wall of him signing that she can't understand.  Cracks me up. 
  • Really though the last time I saw a doctor about it I was in high school.  And the cream he gave me got rid of the wart for like 8 years. 
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-94?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:26b2cb97-2cee-4d07-8465-6da4dac50186Post:90048e3c-3e72-4128-9218-6fc3b185ca71">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Omg you guys.  I just found out that a media relations colleague of mine from a nearby college died over the weekend in a farm accident.  I'm all depressed now :( Oh dear.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

That's awful. I'm sorry!
    imageVacation
  • AATB I'm sorry about your colleague :( That's so sad.
  • Honestly, just go to the doc. It's better than burning your skin, which for me, ended up making the entire area really sensitive and deformed without actually treating the problem. And it wasn't that expensive, surprisingly.
  • aatb, sorry about your colleague :(

If you decide you want my super secret Native American wart removing technique, let me know and I'll PM you exactly how to get rid of it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • LP11509LP11509 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2012
    I ditto Sesh on going to the doctor.  H has been trying to get rid of warts on his foot for forever.  I keep telling him that if I he had just spent the money on a doctor visit instead of on trying random OTC stuff that isn't working, it would have been gone a long time ago. 
  • Guys.  I would have to be oozing blaze orange slime from my ears in order to go to the doctor.  So I'm not going.

Dmill, I am curious.  Please to be PM'ing me your super secret remedy. 
    panther
  • Hey AATB, go to the doc :)

Dmills, now I'm curious too. I do not know of this super secret technique but clearly I need to know so I can get back in the NA club.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-94?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:26b2cb97-2cee-4d07-8465-6da4dac50186Post:fe16fcb7-80fe-4223-baa0-ac5e90d0fa07">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey AATB, go to the doc :) Dmills, now I'm curious too. I do not know of this super secret technique but clearly I need to know so I can get back in the NA club.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]
    lol, I can't tell you unless I'm helping you get rid of a wart. My wart from 18 years ago will grow back and I'll never be able to get rid of it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks dmill!  I replied a wee bit.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-94?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:26b2cb97-2cee-4d07-8465-6da4dac50186Post:33284b43-5098-4d18-bbaf-f96975664cb1">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning! : lol, I can't tell you unless I'm helping you get rid of a wart. My wart from 18 years ago will grow back and I'll never be able to get rid of it. 
    Posted by dmiller9274[/QUOTE]

Well, I think my toe one is going to come back so I'll be sure to hit you up then for the scoop. I'm not sure I can go through that shot again (center of the bottom of my big toe, so painful).
  • Morning everyone!

AATB, I'm sorry about your colleague :(

I had no idea warts had roots so this thread has taught me something new.

Jenna, congrats on being so close to the big day.  I hope it all goes smoothly for you.

I had a good and bad weekend.  The good- I had my shower which was awesome and I am feeling so lucky to have such amazing friends.  I also got my wedding dress back from the lady who did the alterations.  When I was checking myself out at the final fitting, I actually thought I looked amazing so I hope I don't criticize myself out of that feeling on my wedding day.  The bad- my dad was released from the hospital on Friday but then developed a fever so he was back in by Sunday.  I really hope he starts seeing some real progress soon, I think all this time being sick is depressing him and I worry about his mental health as well as his physical health.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-94?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:26b2cb97-2cee-4d07-8465-6da4dac50186Post:cb8d3f5e-3b20-4278-889e-7e5f30dc66a1">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]aatb, ygpm
    Posted by dmiller9274[/QUOTE]

I bet it involves peeing on it
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • I just managed to trap myself in a stairwell for 10 minutes. You don't need your security badge to get into the stairwell but for security and patient privacy issues you need it to access any of the floors. I didn't even have my phone to call anyone and the door isn't near any offices. 

I'm just a wee bit embarrassed. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-94?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:26b2cb97-2cee-4d07-8465-6da4dac50186Post:bc285913-a135-468f-a77e-9335b773f30e">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning! : I bet it involves peeing on it
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

Or milkweed, if I remember correctly. We actually have some of that. AATB, you can come visit me and I'll give you some milkweed.
  • Celtic, we have locks on each floor and you have to enter a code to open the doors - I routinely forget the code.  And it changes from time to time, just for added security or when someone gets fired, they change the code.  I've come into work a few mornings, couldn't open the door and thought "Oh crap, did I get shitcanned?!"
    panther
  • Good morning ladies. FI and I had a good weekend. We got free tickets to Friday night game and we already had tickets for Saturday. We are really thinking of adopting a dog. We went to a couple shelters yesterday and I wanted to bring home all of them.
  • DMill - sorry, I'm with jcb and so hoping that means there were 2 different heartbeats.  :)

AATB, I'm really sorry about your colleague. 

Dodgers, I'm not allowed to go in shelters for that very reason.  What kind of dog are you guys looking at? 
  • So I have to share this here because I can't put anything about it on FB. But I found out my friend who works at a local art museum is engaged... to her boss... who is the director of the museum. She's 26, he's in his late 50s, early 60s. :/ I ain't sayin she's a gold digger... Plus she has a kid from another guy. This is weird.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-94?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:26b2cb97-2cee-4d07-8465-6da4dac50186Post:c75e7a38-d671-4376-a0f9-38316e2baed6">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I have to share this here because I can't put anything about it on FB. But I found out my friend who works at a local art museum is engaged... to her boss... who is the director of the museum. She's 26, he's in his late 50s, early 60s. :/ I ain't sayin she's a gold digger... Plus she has a kid from another guy. This is weird.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

Work relationships very rarely end well...
    imageVacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-94?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:26b2cb97-2cee-4d07-8465-6da4dac50186Post:42d5d373-cd67-4a83-a360-58f22864f250">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning! : Work relationships very rarely end well...
    Posted by brandichamberlain[/QUOTE]
    Yeah. Plus I see that she got a rather mighty promotion recently. Of course, I'm sure it was based solely on merit and hard work and not the fact that she's boinking her boss. /sarcasm
  • I was totally boinking my boss at one point. Then I married him.

But in my defense, we were shacking up before I worked for him. Although he did pay me more than the other workers....
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-94?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:26b2cb97-2cee-4d07-8465-6da4dac50186Post:3af1277d-9612-4eec-b8f1-65880acece1e">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was totally boinking my boss at one point. Then I married him. But in my defense, we were shacking up before I worked for him. Although he did pay me more than the other workers....
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

I've been in work relationships before and then never eneded well for me.

I think that in your situation it is a bit different because the relationship formed outside of the workplace. KWIM?
    imageVacation
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Omg you guys know how I am with music. They just "premiered" the new Metric song, so good. So good I got chills! I've listened to it 2 times through so far and I'm in love.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards