New York-Western
Options

Choosing a photographer

Looking for a creative photographer for our wedding we have an amazing ceremony spot and want some really different photos. Any suggestions? Ceremony outside in buffalo.
Bunny ??

Re: Choosing a photographer

• Options
    We used Jay Gardner. His work is amazing! He put together an album for us and i couldnt think of changing anything when he posted it for proofing. I dont know how he does it, but all his pictures look like they are from a magazine! Check it out. His website is www.gardnerphotography.net
  • Options
    I am using Bossy Photographer. She's open to anything and all her packages include e-pics
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I went to a bridal show and look at all the different photographers work and went from there. Also Neal Urban Photography is probably the most recommend and sought after photographer in this area. Good luck!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • Options
    Where are you having your ceremony? We have been trying so hard to find a place to have the actual ceremony but have not been successful thus far (our reception is at Salvatore's). On another note, a friend of mine used Neil Urban and her pictures were honestly incredible.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hey I recently got married in the Buffalo area and I used Ayres Photography.  I was extremely lucky to find them, as they often do not attend bridal shows.  Their style is non-traditional photo journalistic and chic.  I followed all of their blog posts leading up to my wedding and I still follow their blog posts even after the wedding and they never cease to impress me with their creativity.  They are all about capturing "moments" so that when you look back on your photos, you remember how you felt in that moment.  They are seriously worth the money.  If anything, please set up a meeting with them and judge for yourself.  I guarantee you won't be disappointed.  The website is ayresphoto.com.  Check em out!  And Congrats!
  • Options
    My fiance and I are using Lovely Day Photo in downtown Buffalo for our wedding next August. Melissa is incredibly easy to work with, very accommodating with scheduling and any questions you may have, and is creative with her photography. Her website has an extensive portfolio of her work and is located at: http://www.lovelydayphoto.com I did extensive research on Buffalo area wedding photographers and she was actually one of the more reasonably priced photographers in the area. But the quality of her work is top notch and you can tell she is passionate about her craft. I believe she still has openings for 2013 weddings. Good luck with your search and congratulations on the engagement! :
  • Options
    we used Neal Urban.... BEST decision ever! (but he also books about 1.5 to 2 years in advance!).  FCI photography would be a very close runner up.  between the two of them, I think they're the highest rated in Buffalo --- that is if you're going for that 'out of the ordinary, jaw on the floor' kind of photo.

you're also going to pay a pretty penny for that kind of photo. IMO its completely worth it if you want some artwork for your house!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-western_choosing-a-photographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:622Discussion:d9c7ed6d-a3f5-40d4-a785-074057b58eadPost:21653bba-ad73-4b7c-82b9-6ebce5f6419d">Choosing a photographer</a>:
    [QUOTE]Looking for a creative photographer for our wedding we have an amazing ceremony spot and want some really different photos. Any suggestions? Ceremony outside in buffalo.
    Posted by fancybunny[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I suggest Sarah Broecker at <a href="http://www.lakeshoreart.com." rel="nofollow">www.lakeshoreart.com.</a> Shes out of Barker, but travels anywhere

</div>
  • Options
    Check out Chuck Alaimo. He's easy to work with, and his photos are great.
    - you were born an original, don't die a copy -
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards