Wedding Woes

DRAMA

I don't know what to do...but my Fiance's brother does not like me for reasons unbeknownst to me

Re: DRAMA

• hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    groom gets to choose the best man, not you.  but if he knows how you feel -- and how bil treats you --  he may not pick him.
  • SteveandKrisSteveandKris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PPs

He's not "our" best man, he's your FI's best man.  Your FI doesn't weigh in on the bridesmaids and you don't get a say for the groomsmen (perhaps siblings excluded, your bro, his sis, etc)
  • LnR70707LnR70707 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I choose option #4

-don't marry a douche that would chose someone that sh!ttalks about the bride in the first place.
    br>imageimage
    IF/Baby Blog
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929
  • BackpackersBackpackers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_brother-law-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:fc4ec6c6-7b57-44a4-82f9-921389ea14faPost:2a5c5b31-f760-4015-bd81-652b275be668">Re: "Brother in law" DRAMA</a>:
    [QUOTE]I choose option #4 -don't marry a douche that would chose someone that sh!ttalks about the bride in the first place.
    Posted by L&R70707[/QUOTE]

Yep.
  • edited December 2011
    Option 4!!
  • edited December 2011

If you FI wants him as HIS best man, even after everything he's said and done to you, I think you need to have a talk with your FI.  He may still want the brother as his best man, and if that's the case, I'm afraid there's nothing you can do about it.  I mean, would you drop one of your bridesmaids just because your FI said he hated her?  That actually brings up another question:  If his brother hates you so much, why would he agree to be the best man at your wedding?

Stop The Drama!

image Love people. Use things. Never confuse the two.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards