Military Brides

I need some ideas please.

Ok lets see if I can explain this properly. Lets start here, I am marrying a retired Marine this November. We have lost most of our grandparents and are planning to do a memorial table for them. We would also like to add something to the memorial table to rember all of those who have "given all". This is extreamly extreamly important to me. FH and his best man can very very close back in 05. FH lost one of his best friends as well. I want to make sure that EVERYONE knows what this memorial means. Do any of you ladies have any ideas for something that will be meaningful and practical with out being tacky?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: I need some ideas please.

• edited December 2011
    We did a memorial candle for my Dad. + Note in the program

I've also seen roses on the altar with a note in the program.

Thats all I got
  • iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    There is a thing called a memorial table.  You set a small round table with one place setting and one chair.  The chair is leaned up on it's front legs against the table as if the seat were saved.  A candle is lit to note that the memories of those people still burn in our hearts.  You can print out a note explaining what the table is for and frame it to put on the table. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011

I did not do anything for the grandparents however I did do something to remember my dad and H’s mom.  We have the florist make a smaller version of the bridesmaids’ bouquets and tied it one to either side of the front aisle and then made reference in the Order of Ceremony.  Also, instead of wedding favors we made a donation to the Wounded Warriors Foundation.  We also put that in the Order of Ceremony along with little cards at each place setting stating that fact.  We both thought this was the best thing since my H almost lost one of his best friends.  

Just FYI my florist had wonderful and great ideas to remember someone that is no longer with us.  I would check with your florist.  They have great ideas.

• kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    The other ideas are fab, just wanted to say thanks to your FI for his 20+ years service!
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto PP's. I especially like the table idea that Crown suggested.

And yes, Thanks to your FH for his service!!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011

Sorry I was not super clear! MEDICALLY retired. Hurt in 05 in a vehical malfunction. The stupid desert didnt like him very much!!  Thank you for you ideas...I think I may use bits and pieces of them all.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hey, he still served, and served honorably!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    oh for sure!!! If they would let him he would go back in a heartbeat. He is a soldier at heart!
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards