New York

My dress came in!

Got a call while at work saying my wedding dress has arrived!  I was excited at first, but the more I think about it, I realize how SUPER early it is!!!  I ordered it in April, and they said it would arrive by September.  It's an Essense of Australia ballgown, but I doubt it's made in Australia ;)

Anyways, I was wondering if any of you went to the store just to see your gown, not necessarily to try it on.  Now I'm paranoid that's it's the wrong gown, wrong color, wrong something.  Let me know if I should call and go visit it next week.  Thanks!
Photobucket Anniversary

Re: My dress came in!

• sbolger17sbolger17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay!  Exciting!  That did come in really fast.  If I were you, I'd go visit it just to make sure everything is right and then leave it there until it's time for alterations (if they'll let you).
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Wow!!  Congrats! 

I swear dress shops lie to get you to freak out and order early.... I have never heard of anyone's dress actually taking as long as they say it does.  It must just be part of the business.
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • sbolger17sbolger17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_dress-came?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:4a5eb504-ddbb-4186-90f5-87c92608fc8fPost:15e13f1f-6202-46e3-b14a-d0bd72310783">Re: My dress came in!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow!!  Congrats!  I swear dress shops lie to get you to freak out and order early.... I have never heard of anyone's dress actually taking as long as they say it does.  It must just be part of the business.
    Posted by kevinandmonica2011[/QUOTE]

Mine took almost as long as they said; I only got it about 2 weeks early.  But this happend to me with my BM dresses; they had me freaking out and told me that the order needed to be placed by the end of January in order for them to be delivered in July.  So I made all my BMs order super early and then they arrived in April!
    Anniversary
  • kks4471kks4471 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I was really expecting it to be August when it came in, not end of June.  I'll go next week to see it, and then I'll be relaxed and excited.  They have a dedicated room for holding dresses, and don't mind keeping it for almost a year.  Now I can start thinking about veils, etc too!
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    When I ordered my dress the consultant told me that they dont normally start making ur dress until a few months before your wedding.  She had me change my wedding date to an early month so I would get it earlier.  So I think how long it takes really depends on how soon your wedding is.  I got mine in April and I wish I would of waited since I hate that it just hangs in my closest for months.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards