Canada-Ontario
Options

TORONTO BRIDES - El Covento Rico

Any Toronto brides have their bachelorette party here or have you been there for any event?

I am really not keen on the whole idea of the place...I am more "low key" and this sounds sort of...uncomfy and stressful for me.

http://www.elconventorico.com/

Re: TORONTO BRIDES - El Covento Rico

• Options
    RamaOtsterRamaOtster member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Any Toronto brides have their bachelorette party here or have you been there for any event?

I am really not keen on the whole idea of the place...I am more "low key" and this sounds sort of...uncomfy and stressful for me.

http://www.elconventorico.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you love Drag Queens then this is the place for you. It's really fun but some of the people that go there can be really touchy feely sometimes and they might be extra attracted to you becuase it's your Bachelorette. I had a great time when I went but it was just a regular night - not for a bachelorette.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't been to this particular club but a similar latino club a few years ago and I thought it was fun. If you're not up for a wild party though, why don't you ask the organizers for something more your style?
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went there for my friend's bachelorette party that I organized last year, and we had an absolute blast. She and I are both economists (a career generally not related with "party"), and she's an easy blusher, so if she can handle it then anyone can. :)

That being said... We told them that it was a bachelorette party and reserved a table right beside the dance floor. But we didn't dress my friend up in any bridey gear (no veils, tiaras, boas, etc.) so she wasn't exactly an obvious bride to be.

From what I remember, the brides who wanted to go out and dance with the performers did so upon their own free will (or perhaps encouraged by their friends). There were many other brides there who did not, and no employees/performers were pressuring them. Most people just sat back and watched the fantastic show.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    RamaOtsterRamaOtster member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

dougie80

Thanks! This makes me feel a little better! We are going on a Sunday so I'm not even sure if there is a show that night, although it is a long weekend so possibly...

• Options
    emivesemives member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We took my cousin there after we went to a strip club in Etobicoke. We got there late and didn't get to see the show they put on but she still had a great time. It's small and cramped inside (and sweaty) but everyone looked like they were having a good time.
  • Options
    Stephk08Stephk08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just found out that I'm going here for my bachelorette next Saturday (Sept.18th), so I was excited to read all your positive feedback, sounds like fun!

Hey emives, did you go to Foxes Den on The Queensway?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards