Not Engaged Yet

Chain of warm fuzzies.

I've been reading about a lot of the stuff that people are doing to show support for the citizens of Newtown, and it's making me think a lot about showing more kindness in my everyday life.  Plus, it's the holiday season and there's a lot of scary stuff going on in the world; we could all use a little extra cheer.  So let's do something we haven't done in a while.  Everyone, say something nice about whomever posted before you in this thread.

Yes, I realize that means that somebody has to bite the bullet and say something nice about me to kick it off, but just suck it up and take one for the team, ok?

Re: Chain of warm fuzzies.

• Elle is wise, witty, lovely, and I'm so glad to have met her IRL.
  • peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2012
    Elle is a motherf*cking sorceress with a flat iron.  Also, she's absolutely gorgeous IRL.  Those pictures are not in any way, shape, or form photoshopped.  

ETA: Schiano is sweet and levelheaded, and I really hope to be able to meet her IRL one day. 
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • motoLynmotoLyn member
    edited December 2012
    cschiano is a beautiful smart and hipster punching goddess!

ETA: Peek is one fierce fashionista!
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2012
    Lyn, is a beautiful person, inside and out. She also makes me chuckle on a regular basis. I hope to meet her IRL someday soon! 

• I'm just going to be jumping in randomly and sprinkling comments around since I don't know where the chain will end.

So...

Schiano is drop-dead gorgeous.  She's a great chocolate-shop date and Chicago tour guide.  She's also not completely stupid, which is nice.

Pee k is adorable even though she doesn't know it, and also pretty much totally hilarious.  I heart her.

• Lyn is one of the first people I remember being friends with on TK and I love having her in my life.

rdr has amazing long, thick, beautiful hair.  Her boobs are ok, too.  And she's generous and caring and can drink almost anyone under the table.
  • I think Rdr is hysterical. I love her attitude about stuff and appreciate her love of hockey very much (kindred spirts on that one). 

Elle, I try not to be a total idiot. Glad it comes off that way ;-P

Lyn is a badass and more beautiful than I can even comprehend (your xmas card. . . I died when I opened it). 

Pee k handles shitty situations really well, from what I can tell. And is crafty as hell. 
  • Cschiano, you are brilliant and gorgeous and I think we needs to meet STAT.
    Rdr, you are the love of my life and I want to snuggle you forever.
    Elle is hilarious and sweet and makes me laugh so hard I can't breath.
    Pee k is strong and courageous and hard-working.
    Lyn is gorgeous and sweet and caring <3
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_chain-of-warm-fuzzies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:ef84342c-17de-41b1-b3cf-af4a9f57e1f8Post:293d308b-7471-49e6-bbe8-4ac291d141a1">Re: Chain of warm fuzzies.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cschiano, you are brilliant and gorgeous and I think we needs to meet STAT. Rdr, you are the love of my life and I want to snuggle you forever. Elle is hilarious and sweet and makes me laugh so hard I can't breath. Pee k is strong and courageous and hard-working. Lyn is gorgeous and sweet and caring <3
    Posted by LaSak87[/QUOTE]

And Sak is one of the most awesome, beautiful, intelligent, and brave people I know... even if she did beat me down the aisle.
  • peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    edited December 2012
    Thanks Schiano.  I've recently gotten a lot better, and it's good to see that the effort I've put in to handling myself better is noticed :)  And thanks!  I'm actually not all that crafty.  Promise. You should see my bad stuff.

Thanks Elle.  I <3 you too.

RDR is probably the most fashionable woman I know.  I hope to look like her when I grow up.  Or, just have her closet.

ETA: Sak always makes me remember how much I love science, and why I fell in love with it in the first place.  She's brilliant and strong, and I'm really sad that we didn't get to be college BFFs.

EETA (because I'm an idiot and thought I already did this):  Lyn is hilarious and super crafty with the power tools.  
    I french with my man
  • Elle is probably one of the most genuinely nice people I've ever met. She's also a master with a straight iron. I attribute my newly found love of HP to her. 

Schiano has amazing hair (from what I've seen in her pics). I also find her to be really level-headed but with a don't-take-shlt spin to it. 

Peek has become one of my best friends IRL. She's genuine and thoughtful and super smart! 

Sak has also become one of my best friends IRL. She's easily one of the funniest people I know and definitely my favorite snuggler. 

• Elle is one of the first posters that made me think - "I totally want to meet this girl IRL one day!" Mostly due to your HP knowledge.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_chain-of-warm-fuzzies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ef84342c-17de-41b1-b3cf-af4a9f57e1f8Post:088d4444-5588-4aca-ac3e-5ba67f188539">Re: Chain of warm fuzzies.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Schiano.  I've recently gotten a lot better, and it's good to see that the effort I've put in to handling myself better is noticed :)  And thanks!<strong>  I'm actually not all that crafty.  Promise. You should see my bad stuff.</strong> Thanks Elle.  I <3 you too. RDR is probably the most fashionable woman I know.  I hope to look like her when I grow up.  Or, just have her closet. ETA: Sak always makes me remember how much I love science, and why I fell in love with it in the first place.  She's brilliant and strong, and I'm really sad that we didn't get to be college BFFs.
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]
    <div>Well I can't even fix a hole in a sock, so to me you seem very crafty :) </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_chain-of-warm-fuzzies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ef84342c-17de-41b1-b3cf-af4a9f57e1f8Post:f99bd26e-3c28-4ca4-a6cc-e9355096eb61">Re: Chain of warm fuzzies.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chain of warm fuzzies. : Well I can't even fix a hole in a sock, so to me you seem very crafty :) 
    Posted by cschiano[/QUOTE]

<div>I can't fix a hole in a sock either.  I leave that to...well, new socks.</div>
    I french with my man
  • Elle-Your HP knowledge and body are banging!  I really hope to meet you soon!  NOLA!

Sak-You are such a crazy smart woman who I love texting with.  You and Minnie light up my mornings!

RDR- You are a feisty and beautiful person who I admire for your no $hit attitude.  Need to see your boobs in real life!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_chain-of-warm-fuzzies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:ef84342c-17de-41b1-b3cf-af4a9f57e1f8Post:9693a1e3-9339-485c-ae90-5f21bd2d79ea">Re: Chain of warm fuzzies.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chain of warm fuzzies. : I can't fix a hole in a sock either.  I leave that to...well, new socks.
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

This made me LOL.  I spit on myself a little bit, actually.
  • <div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_chain-of-warm-fuzzies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ef84342c-17de-41b1-b3cf-af4a9f57e1f8Post:6a395d0f-5587-433b-abcd-899dfc7a0c0c">Re: Chain of warm fuzzies.</a>:
    </div>[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chain of warm fuzzies. : This made me LOL.  I spit on myself a little bit, actually.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]
    I'm Old Greeeeeeg
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_chain-of-warm-fuzzies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:ef84342c-17de-41b1-b3cf-af4a9f57e1f8Post:8243aa78-62b5-40bf-ad77-a3131160f257">Re: Chain of warm fuzzies.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Elle is one of the first posters that made me think - "I totally want to meet this girl IRL one day!" Mostly due to your HP knowledge.
    Posted by Hummingbird125[/QUOTE]

Haha, thanks!

Hummingbird is one of my favorites among the new-ish posters.  She's nice and funny and works for a company I used to work for, so that's pretty cool.
  • Elle- is gorgeous. I love her harry potter knowledge, it's amazing.

Cshiano- you incredibly smart, very kind and understand probably how much I miss hockey right now

Pee k- I love your honesty and you truly make me laugh

Lyn- is awesome in so many ways.  I wish CA wasn't so far away so I could meet up with her

rdr- I hope to meet up with you IRL someday.  You are very pretty, and all around very kind

Anniversary

• danser is always so kind and sweet to other people.  I enjoy hearing about you trying non-vegetarian dishes for your BF!
  • dansr-is a talented person and always brightens me day when I see her post on NEY.

Coco-You are a very strong person and I am in awe that no matter what life throws at you, you will and have come throw the other side stronger.
  • Lyn- You always sound like you are having lot of fun.  If I'm ever in CA I would love to have you teach me how to SUP and then maybe we could hang out at a barre class.

photo bridalparty.jpg
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_chain-of-warm-fuzzies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:ef84342c-17de-41b1-b3cf-af4a9f57e1f8Post:095db3f3-079a-4f89-b2c7-6788b3844f61">Re: Chain of warm fuzzies.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lyn- You always sound like you are having lot of fun.  If I'm ever in CA I would love to have you teach me how to SUP and then maybe we could hang out at a barre class.
    Posted by suzie211[/QUOTE]

I know nothing about suzie, so I will say that she can spell properly.  BONUS!
  • Shoes is amazing with makeup and I love her makeup blog. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Loves2shoeshop- is a one woman Sephora make up artist.  If I could aspire to apply make up like her it take me years!  *bows to Loves*
  • motoLynmotoLyn member
    edited December 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_chain-of-warm-fuzzies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ef84342c-17de-41b1-b3cf-af4a9f57e1f8Post:095db3f3-079a-4f89-b2c7-6788b3844f61">Re: Chain of warm fuzzies.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lyn- You always sound like you are having lot of fun.  If I'm ever in CA I would love to have you teach me how to SUP and then maybe we could hang out at a barre class.
    Posted by suzie211[/QUOTE]

I wish you could visit we could totally go on an adventure SUP and then kick butt in bar class!
  • IrishDreamerIrishDreamer member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2012
    Lyn: is hilarious, has an adorable hubby and dog, and my favorite part?? She's adorable. Elle: is a nerdy, hp loving, beautiful soul. Rdr, is just awesome.she is a great friend, shares my love/hate relationship with the eagles, shares my love of hockey and Rita's. Peek: is one of my best friends. I probably irritate the crap out of her with my gluten questions, and with my nets/ whining, whatever. But a simple text or call from her truly brightens my day Coco: has such an again outlook on life, and is one of the sweetest people I know Danser: is so encouraging and thoughtful. Sak: my hair twin!! Cschiano: is a nerdy, hockey loving, sassy phenomenal woman Shoes: is a BA b!tch, a makeup queen, and an all around cool chick
  • Irish Dreamer is a nice person though-and-through. She is honest and strong. She's not afraid to speak her mind, but she doesn't force her opinion on others. I love that her name includes the word "dreamer"!

I love everyone on this board! I know I haven't been around a ton lately, but it's always been a place that we are all welcome to share thoughts, have a good laugh and support each other through he hard stuff. Even when we disagree, there really are no grudges or hard feelings. I love that every day starts fresh around here. I know newbs don't always see it this way, but I truly believe this is a wonderful, open-minded and welcoming group of women. Even if we are a little too honest for our own good sometimes!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_chain-of-warm-fuzzies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:ef84342c-17de-41b1-b3cf-af4a9f57e1f8Post:7cb401b7-d86c-4c36-94a3-ef6bcf5cf85e">Re: Chain of warm fuzzies.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Irish Dreamer is a nice person though-and-through. She is honest and strong. She's not afraid to speak her mind, but she doesn't force her opinion on others. I love that her name includes the word "dreamer"! I love everyone on this board! I know I haven't been around a ton lately, but it's always been a place that we are all welcome to share thoughts, have a good laugh and support each other through he hard stuff. Even when we disagree, there really are no grudges or hard feelings. I love that every day starts fresh around here. I know newbs don't always see it this way, but I truly believe this is a wonderful, open-minded and welcoming group of women. Even if we are a little too honest for our own good sometimes!
    Posted by allusive007[/QUOTE]

Allusive is a true, sweet, kind soul. She offers advice without being too judgemental (we all can be a smudge judgemental at times), but she always try's to help the ladies around here.

I'm also very very excited to see pictures of her wedding. The rustic cabin esque feel she is going for just sounds beautiful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards