Getting in Shape

Hi everyone!  I'm pretty new to the board so I thought I would introduce myself...My name is Erin and my fiance is Jeremy.  We've been togther since June of 2009 and got engaged on September 29, 2010.  He proposed to me by changing my fortune in a fortune cookie to Will You Marry Me?  We are very excited to be planning our wedding.  We're getting married on October 22, 2011. I'm looking forward to sharing in this exciting time with all of you :)

I'm also looking for tips and tricks to help get motivated to get started on a lifestyle change, to help get me in the best shape of my life for my wedding day...and for the rest of my married life....
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Newbie

• Welcome and congratulations!

As for how to get started on a healthier lifestyle, it depends a lot on what your personality is.

Are you the type that likes/has to go whole hog with something?  Or do you prefer to make changes gradually and slowly?  What are you goals?  Do you want to lose weight?  Drop a dress size?  Just get generally healthier?

Really, the key to being healthy is exercise and moderation.  One of the best things you can do for your health is make the transition to "clean" eating.  Basically, cut our processed "pseudofood" and focus on getting real, natural food.

The other important part is exercise.  The best workout program to do is one you love.  Because really, if you don't like it, you won't do it.  For me, it's weight lifting.  Others choose long distance running or taking classes at the gym.  The key is to get moving.

Stick around, there are lots of very smart, knowledgeable people posting here!
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards