Wedding Woes

confessions, flameworthy and otherwise

there are a lot of asians in our apt building.  whenever i am in the elevator or laundry room and i run into a young asian male who is weirdo, i get a little scared that he will go virginia tech on me.  i mean, there's a guy who uses a hospital discharge bag (where they put your clothes and personal belongings, not medical waste) as his laundry bag.  that's weird, yo.

we see dh's family for 4th of july and now we have to pick the city that we will all travel to.  yet again, our travel plans are being dictated by obil and osil because they have some things going on in their lives that will restrict their travel.  they drive me to the point of screaming at least once per visit, and it's stupid crap like they're late or don't want to eat at a restaurant we all want to go to.  at least we're going to san francisco; it will be fun with good shopping.

my brother has been dating this girl, and i already don't like her.  apparently she's all "let's get married" and doing a lot of beebee nonsense, like pulling catering menus.  they've been dating for three months.  and yes, i am also irritated that he told me this.

Re: confessions, flameworthy and otherwise

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Your brother needs to back away from that girl quickly.

I'm stealing internet from our neighbor right now.
  • tawillerstawillers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I keep having dreams that I give birth to twins.  It makes me wake up sweating.  I hadn't told anyone about them (because they're just dreams) until my sister called me to let me know she dreamed I had twins.

I can't wait for our ultrasound on Monday so we can find out the sex.  And to visually show my brain there is only one baby in there.
  • edited December 2011
    I shaved my legs today, not for my husband, but for the pedicurist. Last time I was there she pointed out my dry hands and scraggly eyebrows.

Your brother needed to run at the first catering menu.
    MIL is thrilled you're joining the family. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't attend a baby shower for a friend of a friend.  Why?  Because I dislike people who are all babiesbabiesbabiesbabiesbabies!!!! when I don't have one, and really don't want one...and it makes me annoyed.  AND because this group is "once you have a baby, you fall off the face of teh earth".

I just couldn't do it.  And really, I feel bad, because I know I should rather than ACTUALLY feeling bad.

• edited December 2011
    - I haven't worked out since June. All of my clothes still fit, but Nico and I have been talking about going on Heavy, so we can get HAWT. That sounds fabulous. I would love to do nothing but work on my physical appearance all day long.

- I am super jealous of your trip to SF. In April we are going on vacation. To Shreveport.

- There is a house I pass on the way to work that has the most beautiful daffodills in the spring. They are starting to come up. I am excited about this.
  • edited December 2011
    I went to the Clay Aiken concert last Tuesday night and had a meet & greet with him before the show.  It was awesome.
  • dharmabunnydharmabunny member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Bro needs to get his balls back and leave, if he hasn't started crafting his Shawshank style escape plan by now already.

I'm using mat leave to find another job. 

I have already commenced hair-petting LO.  Hopefully this is a trait of mine that'll get passed down.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]I haven't worked out since June. All of my clothes still fit, but Nico and I have been talking about going on Heavy, so we can get HAWT. That sounds fabulous. I would love to do nothing but work on my physical appearance all day long.
    Posted by MinM[/QUOTE]

i am so torn.  i would also love this me time, but i would be betraying my people, the housebound obese.
  • edited December 2011

They will always love you hmo. So long as you have a bucket, some string, and fried chicken.

• 6fsn6fsn member
    edited December 2011
    Confessions:

I just ate 2 cherry poptarts.

The house is down to 58 degrees.  I'm considering leaving for the night.
  • TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_confessions-flameworthy-otherwise?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:fdd1a158-b81c-4c17-bb49-aa087ac103f3Post:17bdfa0e-02e8-4bb9-86cd-03b1d6a8a966">confessions, flameworthy and otherwise</a>:
    [QUOTE]there are a lot of asians in our apt building.  whenever i am in the elevator or laundry room and i run into a young asian male who is weirdo, i get a little scared that he will go virginia tech on me.  i mean, there's a guy who uses a hospital discharge bag (where they put your clothes and personal belongings, not medical waste) as his laundry bag.  that's weird, yo. we see dh's family for 4th of july and now we have to pick the city that we will all travel to.  yet again, our travel plans are being dictated by obil and osil because they have some things going on in their lives that will restrict their travel.  they drive me to the point of screaming at least once per visit, and it's stupid crap like they're late or don't want to eat at a restaurant we all want to go to.  <strong>at least we're going to san francisco</strong>; it will be fun with good shopping. my brother has been dating this girl, and i already don't like her.  apparently she's all "let's get married" and doing a lot of beebee nonsense, like pulling catering menus.  they've been dating for three months.  and yes, i am also irritated that he told me this.
    Posted by hmonkey[/QUOTE]

I think what you meant by this was "at least we are really just going for one epic GTG with TD and CW, and we won't spend any time with family while we're there, anyway."
  • loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ealous of your trip to SF. Mom and I need to do another girl trip there.

- We got an invitation to an engagement party for the daughter of DH's family friends. I've met the girl exactly once at one of my bridal showers (I KNOW). I looked at her registry and realized her wedding is on a Sunday. Not only do I not know these people, but their wedding is on a Sunday. We didn't go to her brother's wedding for the exact same reasons. I'm sure MIL will be displeased, but I don't go to Sunday weddings, especially not for people I don't know and DH hasn't seen in 10 years.

- MIL talks in baby talk to Mr. Loverman, and I hate it. I want to scream, "STOP IT!" at her, but I'm not sure if this is an appropriate response.

- Our dryer is broken. It will not be fixed until tomorrow at the earliest. This displeases me. I feel helpless without being able to do laundry daily.

- DH and his whole family are obsessed with going on cruises for vacation. I have a fear of boats on the ocean. As in, we were on a friend's boat in the intercoastal, and I had a panic attack, knowing full well that I could have easily swam to either side of it should the boat have capsized. IL's just got back from being on the Oasis of the Seas, and mentioned SEVERAL times that "Cruising is THE BEST VACATION when you have kids so you never have to wonder where they are".  How about no, ILs.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    edited December 2011
    You do laundry daily?

I was miffed I couldn't do my weekly laundry today.
  • edited December 2011
    Confessions:

There are a group of mexican students that come to my center and they only speak spanish. Anytime I say something to them I know they say things that are disrepectful. It is against the law to ask them to only speak english eventhough ALL of them know how. I hope one day they just stop coming.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    6, typically at least 1 load per day. I like to stay on top of it.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    edited December 2011
    Dang ls.  A typical week is 4 loads for me.
  • Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_confessions-flameworthy-otherwise?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:fdd1a158-b81c-4c17-bb49-aa087ac103f3Post:961bbb5a-291e-447b-8fac-717098be52d3">Re: confessions, flameworthy and otherwise</a>:
    [QUOTE]Confessions: There are a group of mexican students that come to my center and they only speak spanish. Anytime I say something to them I know they say things that are disrepectful. It is against the law to ask them to only speak english eventhough ALL of them know how. I hope one day they just stop coming.
    Posted by scottswife1106[/QUOTE]

Do you speak spanish and therefore know they're saying disrespectful things?

I knew a man who would scream, "THERE IS THUNDER IN THE HIGH MOUNTAINS" in german when he was angry. I'm just asking.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    And to add to that if you do speak spanish why don't you just make them aware you know what they're saying?
  • edited December 2011
    I don't speak spanish. I know that they are saying things that they shouldn't because I do have a couple of staff members who speak it and they told me. I have had peace circles with these kids and everything and nothing seems to work.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would learn spanish, if it were me. Then I would let them go on and on and finally say something in response (in spanish) and wait for the :-O
  • hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]Confessions: There are a group of mexican students that come to my center and they only speak spanish. Anytime I say something to them I know they say things that are disrepectful. It is against the law to ask them to only speak english eventhough ALL of them know how. I hope one day they just stop coming.

i hate that people always assume it's disrespectful.  hint, people -- it's not always about you.  when my siblings and i are speaking in korean, it's almost always about lunch plans.
  • blush64blush64 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "i hate that people always assume it's disrespectful.  hint, people -- it's not always about you.  when my siblings and i are speaking in korean, it's almost always about lunch plans. "

Depending on the situation it can be very rude. And if the people are staring, pointing, laughing etc in your direction it can seem very likely they are speaking about you. When I am at work and I am taking information from people who speak english very well, I find it extremely rude when they turn to their friend/relative (who also speaks english) and then speak in their native language. For what reason would they do this other than so I don't know what they are saying.

I hate when people speak really loudly in public so that everyone has to hear everything they are saying. I especially hate it when it's in a language I don't understand. Some people need to learn how control the volume of their voice.
  • edited December 2011
    "For what reason would they do this other than so I don't know what they are saying."

Because they are more comfortable speaking that language. Not everything is about you.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_confessions-flameworthy-otherwise?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:fdd1a158-b81c-4c17-bb49-aa087ac103f3Post:a81053f1-fed5-4f9d-b057-48d0c6b27de7">Re: confessions, flameworthy and otherwise</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't speak spanish. I know that they are saying things that they shouldn't because I do have a couple of staff members who speak it and they told me. I have had <strong>peace circles</strong> with these kids and everything and nothing seems to work.

I would probably say bad things about you too if I had to sit in a peace circle.  Seriously,  can't you let the kids know that even if you can't speak Spanish you have coworkers who do and they will tell you what's being said?
    MIL is thrilled you're joining the family. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • blush64blush64 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

"Because they are more comfortable speaking that language. Not everything is about you."

Not everything is about them either. Common courtesy. I am polite to everyone who comes in my office, I expect them to show the same courtesy. I am not speaking about people with translators, that's different. I am speaking of people who have come to see me and are in a room with me and then have a private conversation in the middle of the appt.

These are people who speak perfect english and are in a small room at a dr appt. I am in the room asking a question of the person at the appt. The person answers then turns to have a conversation with the other person while I wait in silence for them to finish so I can do my job. I am not talking about medical terms, or anything hard to understand.

Comfortable in their language or not, it's extremely rude. It's like whispering to someone when in a conversation with someone else.

If they need a minute to talk privately do it before or after the 5-10 min appt with me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards