Pennsylvania-Central

Venue Reviews with Pictures!!

We got married 5/14/11 and just wanted to post my vendor reviews! Our ceremony was held outside at Breezy View Overlook in Columbia. If you would like any more information on any of our vendors, let me know. I haven't gotten my professional pictures yet, since I only got married a week ago. I should have them Monday. I'll be sure to post more pics then. :)

Rev. Jo-an Glasse, Lancaster A+
I LOVE Jo-an. Such a sweet, kind women. She wasn't doing too good healthwise, and had to miss the rehersal. No big deal to us, she took money off the cost. She informed us that she will 100% be there for the wedding and will bring her friend with her incase she could not. She was able to and did an AMAZING job. Everything went so smoothly, you wouldn't of even known that was the first time we went through it. 

The Gathering Place, Mount Joy A+
Our reception location in Mount Joy. Joanne was very easy to get along with and communication was fast. I dropped all the decorations off the day before, and she took it upon herself to set everything up including our candy buffet. The room was spacious and food was delicious. Very affordable and no hidden costs. 

Weddings on the Susquehanna A+
We decided to hire Amy Hake as our day of wedding coordinator for our ceremony. She was amazing, going above and beyond to help and give any advice she could. She took charge of the rehearsal and keeping everything running smoothly on our wedding day. We had an outdoor ceremony at a park, so we didn't have the main coordinator most venues have. She focused on what we(the bride and groom) want and did everything to make it work. She was at the park 2 hours before and even set up the chairs. Very affordable! I would 100% recommend Weddings on the Susquehanna! Tell her Nicole Rea referred you.:) 

Brad Adams Photography A+
We hired Brad after we saw his work from another wedding we were in. I can't say enough good things about Brad and his wife.  They all arrived on time for the day of, were great while working with family and friends to coordinate pictures that we wanted to get, very professional, and also fun to hang out with and be around all day. The most affordable photographers around. He also includes a flash drive with all your images, which most photographers do not. He is very passionate about photography and is even a college teacher for photography! I would 100% recommend him.

Complete Music, Mountville A+
Our DJ was Brad from Complete Music in Mountville. He kept the party going. Our dance floor was full all night. We met with him 2 weeks before the ceremony to go over information. He had all these surprises like the Snowball and Best-Man chair. We wanted an outgoing DJ who kept the guests dancing and that is exactly what he did! We got so many compliments after the reception about how great our DJ was.

House of Clarendon, Lancaster A+
I won a wedding package from FM97 that included a $1,000 wedding cake from House of Clarendon. The cake was delicious! Martine was such a fun person to work with. Our cake was a 3 tier with each tier being a different flavor. His designs are amazing. 

Petals With Style, Lancaster A+
Also included in the prize package, was a gift certificate to Petals with Style. We met with Stacia to discuss our flower needs. All we wanted was the bouquets and bout. She did an amazing job with everything. And is able to work with your budget.

Designs on Main, Mount Joy A+
A personal friend of mine is a hairstylist there. She did an awesome job with my hair. I didn't have a specific style that I wanted. I just told her I wanted it half up and curled. 

JB Hostetters, Mount Joy A+
We ordered our chairs from JB Hostetters. They were the cheapest place to get chairs from. They provided delivery and pick-up for an additional $30. They were on time to drop them off and to pick them up. Very satisfied with their service.

Central PA Tuxedo, Lancaster A-
We decided to choose Central PA Tuxedo's because we have dealt with Mens Warehouse in the past and wanted to try another company. All in all we are very happy with the personal service we were given, the staff was very willing to help and gave us some helpfull suggestions. The only problems we had was one of the groomsmen didn't have a vest or tie when we went to pick up the tuxes Thursday. He had to go back in Friday to pick them up so they could order from another store. Also one of the groomsmen's sole on his shoe broke almost completely off just by him walking normally. Luckily we fixed it with some tape, and the vendor did not charge us at all. They said it happens more often then it should. Besides those 2 problems the guys there were extrememly nice and helpful. 

Alfed Angelo, Lancaster B+
I got my dress and all my bridesmaid's dresses from Alfred Angelo. Most of the workers were helpful, a select few looked miserable to be there. One of my girls got measured by the manager and another worker, they ordered a size 6 dress. Well when she picked the dress up, it wouldn't even zipper halfway up. Apparently someone screwed up her measurements. 2 of my girls got a phone call from a worker there trying to sell them make-up. I called to speak to a manager about it and had to leave a message. She never returned my call.

Country Threads By Gail, Manheim A+
I went to Gail to have my dress altered. She is so affordable, doesn't cost you an arm and leg like most bridal shops do. She also did my bridesmaid dress from a wedding I was in a year ago. All I needed done with my wedding dress was it hemmed up and she added a bustle. Very friendly and my dress fit perfectly.

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Venue Reviews with Pictures!!

• MeganBMMeganBM member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thank you for posting your reviews!  I am using Stacia for my flowers, as well as HOC, and complete music, got my dress and Bms dresses at alfreds ( couldnt agree with you more on the review)

Congrats! 

• JJLeon210JJLeon210 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Central PA Tuxedo is awesome!!! I did allllllllll my research and they definitely have the best prices, and typically have everything you need right in the store. Mens Warehouse is way more expensive and has to order all their tuxedos and accessories in. Annoying! I'm also surprised you gave Alfred Angelo such a high rating. I went in there to try on dresses, and because I didnt have an appointment they wouldnt let me try any on...or even tell me what size some of them were that I was looking at!! Really?? You cant even tell me what size it is because I dont have an appointment? Not to mention the store was completely empty and they had 4 other workers just walking around doing nothing. Wow, sorry this turned into a vent! Haha. I'm glad you enjoyed all of your experiences!!! Your pics are great!!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-central_venue-reviews-pictures?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:107Discussion:02dfabb6-c348-41cf-88c9-a3dc77ac197bPost:13c62e9c-5898-4c43-8872-ccec9e73da3d">Re: Venue Reviews with Pictures!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Central PA Tuxedo is awesome!!! I did allllllllll my research and they definitely have the best prices, and typically have everything you need right in the store. Mens Warehouse is way more expensive and has to order all their tuxedos and accessories in. Annoying! I'm also surprised you gave Alfred Angelo such a high rating. I went in there to try on dresses, and because I didnt have an appointment they wouldnt let me try any on...or even tell me what size some of them were that I was looking at!! Really?? You cant even tell me what size it is because I dont have an appointment? Not to mention the store was completely empty and they had 4 other workers just walking around doing nothing. Wow, sorry this turned into a vent! Haha. I'm glad you enjoyed all of your experiences!!! Your pics are great!!
    Posted by JJLeon210[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I had that problem with Alfred Angelo a few months before I got my dress. I walked in just to look and try on, you felt like you were sinning because you didn't have an appointment. Sorry, I didn't know that.  On the weekends, I could understand. But it was a Tuesday afternoon. They weren't busy. </div><div>
    </div><div>Overall with Central PA, we had a great experience. A grooomsmen that was in our wedding, is planning on using them for their wedding. We went back and forth between tux colors, and they were extrememly helpful with giving advice on which to choose. 

</div>
    BabyFetus Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I dont know how to quote on here (even though it says quote, it never seems to work for me)...but yes I totally agree with them making you feel like you were sinning. Haha. Like I was totally intruding on them. And yes, mine was a weekday afternoon as well. Whatever. I got my dress at David's Bridal and I tell anyone I know who's dress shopping that the ladies at Alfred Angelo are you-know-whats so dont go there!! Ha.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    PS I LOVE your wedding colors. Same as mine :) If you happen to be selling anything, please let me know!!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-central_venue-reviews-pictures?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:107Discussion:02dfabb6-c348-41cf-88c9-a3dc77ac197bPost:e0361f5c-7642-408b-9a54-a412dc7cb280">Re: Venue Reviews with Pictures!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]PS I LOVE your wedding colors. Same as mine :) If you happen to be selling anything, please let me know!!
    Posted by JJLeon210[/QUOTE]

<div>Thank you! I actually have a post a few posts down of wedding items I am selling. I will be adding more as I go through everything.</div>
    BabyFetus Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh I think I already emailed you actually :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards