Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Anyone having a MORNING CEREMONY?

Hi there,
I'm planning a morning (1030 or 1115) ceremony with a (12-2ish) brunch reception.
If you are, I would love to hear your ceremony ideas and plans.

TIA

Re: Anyone having a MORNING CEREMONY?

• I am!  Ceremony:  11:30, reception immediately following (till 5pm).  We are serving mimosas and white wine during the cocktail hour, and the attire is daytime formal, but other than that, I don't know if that much is different from a night wedding.  :)
  • Hi!

I am having a morning ceremony as well!  Ceremony is starting at 10am, brunch reception at 11am....appetizers from 11 until about 12, then they will bring out the brunch buffet, and we will have dancing from 1 to 3.  Our bar is going to have mimosas and a couple of kegs of beer.  (We are allowed to provide our own alcohol at our reception site.)  Our cake or cake alternative (we still have to decide on that) will be served somewhere in the middle of the dancing.  A lot of the decor for the reception is kind of centered around the whole brunch/mimosa idea too.  Good luck with your planning!
  • We're having our wedding mass at 11 and the reception directly following. We're having a brunch (quiche, breakfast foods, etc) and doing different flavored cupcakes instead of traditional cake. We're doing a less formal reception and going out the rest of the night with all our friends for an 'after party' since most of our friends are from out of town! I think it's a great idea to get married in the morning!! 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am having a morning ceremony too, probably around 11:30.  We, not knowing, chose our towns homecoming day as our wedding day, so we are having an out of town morning wedding, A) due to cost and B) so everyone can get home and watch the game.  I don't think we are doing anything different from a afternoon/evening wedding except doing a lunch buffet and having cupcakes instead of a huge cake.  The guests might not think it is as formal as I would like it to be, but I like the idea better.
  • My first wedding was at 10:00 AM; my second was at noon.  In both instances, the reception was lunch at a restaurant.  However, I don't think a morning ceremony is different than an evening one--it's mostly the reception that changes.
  • I am having a 10:30 am ceremony with a brunch starting at 11am. We are serving signature drinks of mimosas and bloody mary's, plus a cash bar for guests who want something different. 
    My advice is to make sure you get a good DJ-someone who can interact with your guests. My concern was that people wouldn't have a good time, since it wasn't the typical "drink and dance" time. But scheduling other things throughout the reception keep guests entertained and wanting to stay. 
    I am loving our morning ceremony more and more every day- it's unique and fun! The only downside- we will have to get up at like 5am for hair and makeup!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards