California-Central

San fran knotties, need your advice!

Hey ladies!

I’m a new-Englander and we’d like to ski out in Lake Tahoe for mid-January for our HM (we’re thinking skiing-relaxing-lots of wine –spa-and fun nightlife). I’m trying to see if this is feasible and/or if you have recommendations:

If we fly into Reno (from CT) -drive to Lake Tahoe, stay at Squaw Valley www.villageatsquaw.com  ( 4 nights) then drive down to San Francisco to sightsee (3 nights). Could we fly to Vegas for a day logistically from either place then fly home? Am I packing too much into a week/week and a half trip?

Re: San fran knotties, need your advice!

• waywardspiritwaywardspirit member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im not sure if Vegas is really a 1 day thing.  There is a lot to see.  What time of year will you be going?  Other than that, it sounds feasible - just be prepared to be annoyed with traffic from Tahoe to SF ;)

I might offer an alternative route of flying into Vegas (you can usually find some cheap airfare deals) then driving up the beautiful California coastline to SF, where  you can sight see for 2 or 3 days, then drive to Tahoe (about 3 hrs) and spend the rest of the trip relaxing and looking over your photos and souviners.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards