California-Bay Area

who pays

do the bridesmaids pay for the hair and makeup as well as the dress, shoes and jewlery

Re: who pays

• edited December 2011
    I am having my BM's pay their hair, makeup, and dress.
  • edited December 2011
    It is not uncommon for the bride to pick up the cost of one thing like the jewelry or hair but it is totally optional.
    It's not wierd for your BMs to pay for all.  But it's good to be sensitive of the cost of these things if they are paying for all.  For instance if you have long dresses dont make them buy matching shoes or let them do thier own makeup if they want to.
  • jackelbridejackelbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's up to you! It's not abnormal for the BP to pay for their own everything... but don't be too demanding or you'll get some grumbling!

We paid for shoes and their hair... (and bought them coach clutches) One of the BMs did their makeup for free. They only had to buy their dresses.
  • hh581842hh581842 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's really up to you and what you think is important to you.  Just remember to keep your BM's budgets in mind.  I"m currently a BM in my friend's wedding and I think she's been very fair.  We bought our own shoes and dresses that she picked out, and she was conscious of price while picking out these items.  we have the option to do our own hair and makeup or pay for someone else to do it.  But I think it would only be fair that if she made us have our hair and/or makeup done, she would pay for it, esp when we are capable of doing it ourselves.  If she said we HAD to have hair and makeup done and we HAD to pay for  it, I would grumble a little. lol.  In addition to everything I've bought clothes-wise, I've spent (and am going to spend) a ton of money on gifts, the bridal shower party, the bachelorette party....Being a BM is expensive and a bride forcing her BMs to pay for extras on top of all that may be a bit much. 
  • hh581842hh581842 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, many brides pay for these items in lieu of a BM gift.  For example if you know your BMs are on a budget, you can buy their dresses, or their shoes, jewelry, hair and makeup, or any combo of those as their BM gift instead of a trinket.  It's definitely a more practical gift, and for BMs on a budget it will be much appreciated. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards