Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

nervous.

i don't have a bridal party and my father isn't walking me down the aisle. the idea was for me and my fi to walk down together. i'm just nervous of how that's going to look. :/

Re: nervous.

• it isn't about what anyone else will think...remember it is your (and FI) day and if you chose to walk together then your guests cannot question it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • I think it will look great because I bet the two of you will be smiling from ear to ear! and THAT's the important thing!
  • ya'll make me feel better. thanks for that. :)
  • Personally I think every bride deserves a few moments of walking down the isle where she shines by herself. If I were in your situation I might consider walking in by myself and have my FI meet me half way & then walk together the rest of the way together.
  • Actually, I would PREFER to walk in with my FI, but I know my Dad would be disappointed if he couldn't walk with me.  I love my Dad and all, but I really like the symbol of the B&G walking together.  You're both equals in the marriage... and it's both of your days... not just the bride.  You walk down the aisle together because you're in this together.

I'm Catholic, and that's actually Catholic tradition (B&G walk together, not FOB walks with B)

Of course, any way is fine.  You alone.  You with groom.  You with Dad.  You with mom, brother, friend, WHOEVER.

There's no "wrong" way... just whatever works for you!

SaveSave
  • I'm walking down the aisle with my FI - I think it's great :)

Plus it'll make you a lot less nervous because he'll be right there beside you the whole time!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_nervous?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:52fc7620-d6fc-4169-b8a3-c8cb2e70b23dPost:32f56358-b9e7-4682-85b1-f6b99f412c4d">Re: nervous.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm walking down the aisle with my FI - I think it's great :) Plus it'll make you a lot less nervous because he'll be right there beside you the whole time!
    Posted by entropicbeauty[/QUOTE]

I am also walking with my FI and I hope you are right about being less nervous.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 129image 102image 24image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_nervous?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:52fc7620-d6fc-4169-b8a3-c8cb2e70b23dPost:28d189b5-e692-4ff7-9dbe-c6ed55b97bb2">Re: nervous.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Personally I think every bride deserves a few moments of walking down the isle where she shines by herself. If I were in your situation<strong> I might consider walking in by myself and have my FI meet me half way & then walk together the rest of the way together</strong>.
    Posted by Erikan73[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what we did and I loved it :)
    84image 73image 11image Wedding date: June 11, 2011 :)
  • edited August 2012
    I went to a wedding where the groom was at the altar with the pastor but when the time came for the bride's entrance, he went down the aisle and walked back up with her. It was very sweet, especially since the bride didn't have her father to walk with.

ETA: They also had no wedding party, actually. The pastor said something about the church being Christ's bride and He is coming to bring her home one day. That's when he (the pastor) turned to the groom and told him to go get his bride.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards