Connecticut

Snowed In!!!

Well, not only is there at least a foot of snow in the driveway but FI rode to work with his dad in the truck today, so I'm doubly blocked in my driveway.  Not that I'm complaining ;) lol  Thankfully I have no plans for the day, and FI will be home after work and we have a snowblower to use on all this (thank GOD for no shoveling)

How's everyone holding up in this blizzard?  Plans for the day?
"I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and lead me head first - Fearless"
Anniversary

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!

Re: Snowed In!!!

• edited December 2011
    Holding up well here!  My work is still open, but I was planning to work from home anyway today, so I'm working - but at least in my pajamas.  And FI's work was closed, so he's here too!  Looking forward to heading out into the snow later today to do the clean-up!  Be safe everyone!
  • edited December 2011
    DH is home. I'm home. And so is my bonus-son.  We're getting prepared to go sledding! Should be cold, but a lot of fun!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My work has a late opening... 10 am instead of 7... but I'm 90% sure all of my patients will cancel and I'll go home early... so keep your fingers crossed!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    planning bio
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Snowed in here as well!! Not planning on doing anything today--may go sledding with some friends but other than that can't really go anywhere!!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • JodiArielJodiAriel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My office is closed, we didn't have any postops so it didn''t make sense for people to try to get in today. I don't imagine patients would show up anyway.  My FI is a salesman and even though the rest of the office is closed the salesman still have to go out  :-(  The worst part is that we live in New Haven and his territory is Danbury so not only does he have to be on the road all day, he has an hour commute each way.
    We welcomed our girls on 11.7.12 @ 40w0d!
    Emerson Lily 6 lbs 13 oz & Ellis Willow 6 lbs 9 oz
  • edited December 2011
    FI's work is closed so he's home and doing all the shoveling :) I work nights now so I'll be going in at 11.... hopefully the roads will be decent by then, I live in East Haven and work in Norwich so it's a long commute.
    Anniversary
  • wrdgirlwrdgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tried to call work but no one picked up so I assume no one's in today LOL  FI's sick too so gotta take care of him...
  • julieandjojojulieandjojo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm doing great! i'm a teacher so we didn't have school today anyway, so i have nowhere to go...last night hubby got a little dose of cabin fever especially since his PC is broken but i just calmly went around the apartment cleaning and organizing post-wedding clutter so actually i got a lot done. today after hubs goes to work @ 2:30 i am going to start my reflection paper for the TEAM program which is the next step in teacher certs. Oh yea and make an appt to look @ some homes for sale!

good luck to everyone today who may have to venture outside!
  • edited December 2011
    FI and are off on vacation this week so being snowed in was great! well im on vacation, he is home waiting for surgery. He works for a town so would usually be gone plowing for the whole storm so this is the first time we have ever been snowed in together! and its been great! Just enjoying the snow and hanging out!
    imageAnniversary Vacation
  • ChrisVickyChrisVicky member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just watching lots of tv for now :) I am going be brave later on in the evening and try to go out. We have a few last minute things to do for the wedding. Everyone be safe :)
    Anniversary
  • Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Snowed in as well, was supposed to go to work today, but called in. My car was burried under about 2 feet of snow and plowed in.  It took me two hours to dig out and that was with the help of a nice neighbor who had a plow, otherwise I would have never gotten out.
  • edited December 2011
    I had to work today, bright and early at 7:30 I was there!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    TTC February 2013
    Melissa's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I worked too, but got to sleep in a lil and went in for 9am instead of 8.  I live near New London and the roads weren't as bad here in the morning, just the crazy wind!
    SEPT. 2011 BRIDES - February Siggy Challenge: Reception Venue

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit Connecticut.Weddings.com

~~Wedding Bio Updated 2.18.2011~~

• edited December 2011
    I feel like I've been in a holding pattern here forever!
  • ajpufkyajpufky member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm stuck in Illinois until tomorrow due to the snowstorm. I was supposed to fly back Sunday night but they cancelled all of the flights into Bradley and then I wasn't able to reschedule a flight until tomorrow morning at 10 so think good thoughts about any kind of weather staying away from Chicago and Hartford! I've been here since the 18th and while it's great being home with my family I am seriously missing my FI!! He decided that no more travel for me without him when I'm going to be gone this long!
    Anniversarymy read shelf:
    Amanda P's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards