Connecticut

WANTED

Can someone PLEASE lend me their wedding elves?! Because I seriously have a bunch of stuff to get done before the wedding!  I asked Vikki, but she said she didn't have any I could borrow.  Santa said his are on vacation right now....
imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: WANTED

• SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awww no! Breathe! You've done so many amazing things already! I'm sorry you're so stressed! Just think.. in a week and a half all the stress will be over and you'll be dancing at the amazing party you've been planning all this time with your HUSBAND! Woo hoo!
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I agree!!!! Take a deep deep breath!!!

You will be a happily married MRS before you know it!!!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_wanted?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:c2eaf5b9-2152-49c8-afed-15e202bb1878Post:61a165ea-9b14-498f-9050-5302e88cbd2d">Re: WANTED</a>:
    [QUOTE]Awww no! Breathe! You've done so many amazing things already! I'm sorry you're so stressed! Just think.. in a week and a half all the stress will be over and you'll be dancing at the amazing party you've been planning all this time with your HUSBAND! Woo hoo!
    Posted by SuMmErKuTiE[/QUOTE]

Awww thanks Kate!  I'm no so stressed per se... it's more that I just have a lot of stuff to get done.  It's a full time job at this point!  That's what I get DIYing so much stuff! lol!  Oh!  Forgot to tell you, I got the door hangers!  They're fabulous!

On a really sweet note though, FI just emailed me to tell me that he hired a massage therapist to come to my hotel suite the morning of the wedding to give all the girls massages before we get hair and makeup done.  Really sweet right?!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_wanted?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:c2eaf5b9-2152-49c8-afed-15e202bb1878Post:1f151a2d-b024-478f-8728-b3f113f47d88">Re: WANTED</a>:
    [QUOTE]On a really sweet note though, FI just emailed me to tell me that he hired a massage therapist to come to my hotel suite the morning of the wedding to give all the girls massages before we get hair and makeup done.  Really sweet right?!
    Posted by akulaji[/QUOTE]

UM YEAH THAT'S SWEET!!!!!

Ok but for real, do you need help locating anything?  Anything any of us could help with if we know someone who knows someone?? 
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_wanted?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:c2eaf5b9-2152-49c8-afed-15e202bb1878Post:1f151a2d-b024-478f-8728-b3f113f47d88">Re: WANTED</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WANTED : Awww thanks Kate!  I'm no so stressed per se... it's more that I just have a lot of stuff to get done.  It's a full time job at this point!  That's what I get DIYing so much stuff! lol!  Oh!  Forgot to tell you, I got the door hangers!  They're fabulous! On a really sweet note though, FI just emailed me to tell me that he hired a massage therapist to come to my hotel suite the morning of the wedding to give all the girls massages before we get hair and makeup done.  Really sweet right?!

Yay I'm so glad the door hangers came in on time! They're so cute! Your guests will love them!

Look at your FI go! Huge points for him! What an awesome gift to you and your girls!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_wanted?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:c2eaf5b9-2152-49c8-afed-15e202bb1878Post:f9deb6de-9e17-4f29-97f0-16920f02e9fa">Re: WANTED</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WANTED : UM YEAH THAT'S SWEET!!!!! Ok but for real, do you need help locating anything?  Anything any of us could help with if we know someone who knows someone?? 
    Posted by ZoeTheDog[/QUOTE]

Thanks!  All the stuff I need to get done is assembly stuff... favors, programs and quite a few pieces of handmade jewelry that I need to make.  I have a friend coming over today to help me put the favors and programs together.  The jewelry I just need to keep plugging away at.  I hadn't planned on making my BMs jewelry. I actually designed a piece and had someone else make it, and then someone commented to me about how they'd be really excited to get one of my pieces (I make custom handmade jewelry).  Then I realized I really should make them something myself.  They've all gone above and beyond and they deserve something special.  So, just gotta keep moving on it!  Thank you so much for offering though!
  • Whippet8Whippet8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    just relax, have some wine, and tackle everything in the order of it's importance!  I would also change it up about every hour so you're not doing hrs straight of one thing. goodluck!

making check lists really helped me keep sane in the last few weeks, along with some wine haha.
    TTC Buddies with JennaHack and 102007(Congrats!)!
    Baby Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_wanted?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:c2eaf5b9-2152-49c8-afed-15e202bb1878Post:8b64b5f8-074b-492b-b072-d719613957d8">Re: WANTED</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WANTED : Thanks!  All the stuff I need to get done is assembly stuff... favors, programs and quite a few pieces of handmade jewelry that I need to make.  I have a friend coming over today to help me put the favors and programs together.  The jewelry I just need to keep plugging away at.  I hadn't planned on making my BMs jewelry. I actually designed a piece and had someone else make it, and then someone commented to me about how they'd be really excited to get one of my pieces (I'm a jewelry designer).  They I realized I really should make them something myself.  They've all gone above and beyond and they deserve something special.  So, just gotta keep moving on it!  Thank you so much for offering though!

Yeah this is the kind of stuff you DON'T want my help with LOL.  All you DIY brides make me nuts...someone mentioned that they were a PSE bride and I totally agreed!  (Pay Someone Else) 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_wanted?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:c2eaf5b9-2152-49c8-afed-15e202bb1878Post:3af47096-fc5c-4acc-abeb-7a33c87b0ca3">Re: WANTED</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WANTED : Yeah this is the kind of stuff you DON'T want my help with LOL.  All you DIY brides make me nuts...someone mentioned that they were a PSE bride and I totally agreed!  (Pay Someone Else) 

LOL!!!! PSE!!! That's hilarous!  I love that.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_wanted?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:c2eaf5b9-2152-49c8-afed-15e202bb1878Post:11f37275-9706-4b79-abb6-ee443eef39ac">Re: WANTED</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WANTED : LOL!!!! PSE!!! That's hilarous!  I love that.

TK should make a badge for that LOL. 
  • kls114kls114 member
    edited December 2011
    LOL PSE!!! That is funny!!!

Umm massages?!?!? HELLO THAT IS HOT!!! Point for FI!!!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_wanted?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:c2eaf5b9-2152-49c8-afed-15e202bb1878Post:88f313af-68b5-4544-8123-9a57fe25e165">Re: WANTED</a>:
    [QUOTE]LOL PSE!!! That is funny!!! Umm massages?!?!? HELLO THAT IS HOT!!! Point for FI!!!
    Posted by kls114[/QUOTE]

Yea, he really got points.  Oh, and yesterday he told me that he spent an hour and a half at the mall picking out his outfit for our morning ceremony on the hiking trail.  He wouldn't let me see it.  He said it's a surprise!  cute.  For a guy that could care less about his attire, I thought that was adorable.
  • kls114kls114 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_wanted?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:c2eaf5b9-2152-49c8-afed-15e202bb1878Post:e3f4a738-0b6a-4e8c-97a4-f1fd6e1a1e87">Re: WANTED</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WANTED : Yea, he really got points.  Oh, and yesterday he told me that he spent an hour and a half at the mall picking out his outfit for our morning ceremony on the hiking trail.  He wouldn't let me see it.  He said it's a surprise!  cute.  For a guy that could care less about his attire, I thought that was adorable.

Awww that is cute!! YAY!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Whippet8Whippet8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_wanted?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:c2eaf5b9-2152-49c8-afed-15e202bb1878Post:e3f4a738-0b6a-4e8c-97a4-f1fd6e1a1e87">Re: WANTED</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WANTED : Yea, he really got points.  Oh, and yesterday he told me that he spent an hour and a half at the mall picking out his outfit for our morning ceremony on the hiking trail.  He wouldn't let me see it.  He said it's a surprise!  cute.  For a guy that could care less about his attire, I thought that was adorable.

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    TTC Buddies with JennaHack and 102007(Congrats!)!
    Baby Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_wanted?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:c2eaf5b9-2152-49c8-afed-15e202bb1878Post:3af47096-fc5c-4acc-abeb-7a33c87b0ca3">Re: WANTED</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WANTED : Yeah this is the kind of stuff you DON'T want my help with LOL.  All you DIY brides make me nuts...someone mentioned that they were a PSE bride and I totally agreed!  (Pay Someone Else) 

So true! I don't have the patience and talent to DIY so I'm PSE all the way!!

So sorry to hear that you are stressed Carrie. Sending good knottie vibes over!!
  • edited December 2011
    You are in the home stretch! That is so sweet of your FI to get you massages! I would just start in the order of importance as someone said. With your helpers with the programs, etc you should be able to chisel away at your list pretty quick. Just have some wine and take some deep breaths! 
    Picnik collageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • jmestylejmestyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I still can't believe you're wedding is only ONE WEEK away!!
  • jenandcrisjenandcris member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aww. Definite points for FI!! I wish my FI thought of stuff like that!

What stuff do you need help with??
    Married in Boston, MA: Nov 8, 2013.
    Me: 27. Him: 30. DD: >1.
    Vow Renewal in Beavercreek, OH: July 1, 2017.
  • edited December 2011
    I got an idea!  Let's change the GTG to be at akulaji's place this weekend and you creative people can bang out her jewelry and stuff! 

I will supervise and play waitress/bartender. 
  • Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Carrie,

Take a deep breathe, have a glass of wine, and honest it really will all get done.  Have a little faith and maybe the wedding elves will show up.

• edited December 2011
    I would totally help you if I lived closer!! I know you will get it all done, you are awesome!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    TTC February 2013
    Melissa's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    awwww.. you are all so sweet!  Zoe, you crack me up!  I actually got a big chunk done today.  Most of the favors are finish, except that I ran out of ribbon!  Have to buy more, but I only have 20 more to do.  I also did the OOT bags... still working on the jewelry and have to finish the programs.

Here are the favors!

• edited December 2011
    Love the favors!  They're adorable!  Keep up the good work and I'm sure it'll all come together in time :)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards