Snarky Brides
Options

What are you doing?

I'm watching Cheltsea Lateley (which I love) and being pissed off about the fact that my H decided to start drinking at 3p.m. and is now in bed. Awesome. What r u up to? And when is it too early to start drinking??

imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What are you doing?

• Options
    edited December 2010
    I am drinking a glass of wine and am pretty frustrated with H. I will join the party.

ETA- To sound nicer..
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_doimg?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e30c5a29-be23-4edd-8773-92fabf81af0ePost:cb79e7f1-bcab-4ea3-86b8-c254683d56ef">Re: What are you doimg?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am drinking a glass of wine and am pretty pissed off at H. I will join the party.
    Posted by KaylaSue19[/QUOTE]
    Whats wrong?

My husband works until 1:30 tonight, so i am just hanging out until he gets home.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_doimg?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e30c5a29-be23-4edd-8773-92fabf81af0ePost:3b0c64fd-c46e-4515-b0f6-94dbaf3580a7">Re: What are you doimg?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are you doimg? : Whats wrong? My husband works until 1:30 tonight, so i am just hanging out until he gets home.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

You should come tinychat with us. Blue is cooking, and swearing with a delightful Boston accent.
  • Options
    I finished my wine, and am waiting for FI to get off work, so we can go to sleep.
  • Options
    I'm also just chillin'.  Watching SATC and remembering how much I hate Sarah Jessica Parker.
  • Options
    Ha, Nebb you quote me after I changed it to sound nicer. He is on overnights Mon-Thurs so I pretty much haven't seen him all week. He decides half an hour ago that he would rather go shoot coyotes than spend time with me. I am probably over reacting. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_doimg?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e30c5a29-be23-4edd-8773-92fabf81af0ePost:8873bded-5e75-4066-a09b-40982367b58e">Re: What are you doimg?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ha, Nebb you quote me after I changed it to sound nicer. He is on overnights Mon-Thurs so I pretty much haven't seen him all week. He decides half an hour ago that he would rather go shoot coyotes than spend time with me. I am probably over reacting. 
    Ahhh the hunting widow thing, I understand :( I would be pissed too.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_doimg?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e30c5a29-be23-4edd-8773-92fabf81af0ePost:db10abfd-6f2e-4bd0-bfaf-c6e0041e93b2">Re: What are you doimg?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are you doimg? : You should come tinychat with us. Blue is cooking, and swearing with a delightful Boston accent.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]
    message me on fb, I dunno how
  • Options
    Yeah. I am glad you understand. I am trying to be nice about it but when I have spent maybe 8 hours with him this week it would be nice to see him on his night off. I hate being here by myself at night and he knows it. I don't want to whine, but it just sucks.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_doimg?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e30c5a29-be23-4edd-8773-92fabf81af0ePost:4784a6a9-9556-45c3-bebe-e7701c4a7f25">Re: What are you doimg?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah. I am glad you understand. I am trying to be nice about it but when I have spent maybe 8 hours with him this week it would be nice to see him on his night off. I hate being here by myself at night and he knows it. I don't want to whine, but it just sucks.

I feel your pain :(

• Options
    Hi... working 3rd tonight... 
  • Options
    I'm sitting here watching FI play Green Day Rock Band.

I had to call 13 people today and tell them they didn't get the job we had open. It sucked hardcore. I hate hearing that disappointment in someone's voice.

Tomorrow, we're going to rearrange furniture and get ready for FMILs visit on Thursday.
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_doimg?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e30c5a29-be23-4edd-8773-92fabf81af0ePost:3b0c64fd-c46e-4515-b0f6-94dbaf3580a7">Re: What are you doimg?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are you doimg? : Whats wrong? My husband works until 1:30 tonight, so i am just hanging out until he gets home.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Do u always wait up for him to get home? Im new at this and tomorrow he wont get home till midnight. Im usually asleep by 9. His mom always waits up for his dad to get home "with cookies and milk for him" but really? Ya I get tired.

• Options
    I am working 2nd shift now so I get home at 1:00 during the week.  H goes to bed.  I'm just covering 3rd for the weekend.
  • Options
    For those of you working 2nd and 3rd shift, what do u do?

• Options
    We just got back from a luau that was a huge letdown. The only thing that was good was the pork and the hula dancers. I am now writing my Yelp review so others don't repeat our costly mistake. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Ok, and now I'm seeing Jas with an orange bar over her avatar. Did i miss something? Is Jas the new moderateor?
  • Options
    I am a production supervisor.  Right now I'm making sure 9 men twice my age stay at their machines and get some sh*t done.
  • Options
    I noticed that too Sarah - I haven't gotten very far down the list from today though, so I'm not sure if I missed an announcement.  M&M still has her orange bar too so it looks like they added a mod to SB.
  • Options
    Sweet!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_doimg?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e30c5a29-be23-4edd-8773-92fabf81af0ePost:d1f30160-3ac3-4bc7-9d8d-71723782bf51">Re: What are you doing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am a production supervisor.  Right now I'm making sure 9 men twice my age stay at their machines and get some sh*t done.
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

I dont know what that means,but awesome! Its gotta feel good to tell men how to work. Hey so do u know how to get rid of hiccups?

• Options
    Yup, Jas is now co-mod since M&M got a new job and won't have as much time for TK!
  • Options
    Gah! I feel so behind!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_doimg?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e30c5a29-be23-4edd-8773-92fabf81af0ePost:eb4818ed-cbf4-423e-b8ab-be8e7db201e8">Re: What are you doimg?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are you doimg? : Do u always wait up for him to get home? Im new at this and tomorrow he wont get home till midnight. Im usually asleep by 9. His mom always waits up for his dad to get home "with cookies and milk for him" but really? Ya I get tired.
    Posted by ReneeJacob[/QUOTE]
    Sometimes yes, sometimes no, depends on my mood. Tonight I want to see him because he is upset - my aunt put her dog down today and he REALLY loved that dog and is all sad about it so I wanted to see him and give him a hug. Normally if he was home super late I would just go to bed.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_doimg?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e30c5a29-be23-4edd-8773-92fabf81af0ePost:9044d76c-1363-4a00-b9da-523876484563">Re: What are you doing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are you doing? : I dont know what that means,but awesome! Its gotta feel good to tell men how to work. Hey so do u know how to get rid of hiccups?
    Posted by ReneeJacob[/QUOTE]

<div>Just means there's only 9 guys here, they're all a lot older than me, and they don't take much "supervising" which is why I am on here tonight while they work.  I need to sign off on their time-cards for the week tonight and update the overtime sheets too, but that won't take long.</div>
  • Options
    Nebb- I am sorry to hear that. I am sure he will appreciate your hugs.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_doimg?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e30c5a29-be23-4edd-8773-92fabf81af0ePost:ee6ee80a-653e-40d1-b493-57fb87f3ab50">Re: What are you doing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nebb- I am sorry to hear that. I am sure he will appreciate your hugs.
    Thanks. I feel like I should be sadder, but I know it was the time, she wasnt in good shape. It broke my heart though when I called my aunt to ask if she was ok and if she needed anything and she started crying on the phone. My aunt and uncle never had kids and their pets are their children, so putting their dog down today was really hard for them. :(
  • Options
    Oh wow Nebb, Im sorry to hear that :(

• Options
    Thanks, its hard but I understand it. They took the dog in for a tooth appointment at the vet and it turned into "she might not wake up and is in bad shape so your best option is to put her down" and Ive been in that position and I know how hard it is. Having pets is HARD, dealing with making hard decisions like that. And here I am being a buzzkill.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_doimg?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e30c5a29-be23-4edd-8773-92fabf81af0ePost:c544c563-c119-4c21-86b0-ec5a3cd69ea2">Re: What are you doing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are you doing? : Thanks. I feel like I should be sadder, but I know it was the time, she wasnt in good shape. It broke my heart though when I called my aunt to ask if she was ok and if she needed anything and she started crying on the phone. My aunt and uncle never had kids and their pets are their children, so putting their dog down today was really hard for them. :(
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

That must be so difficult.  I have never had to put a pet down but I have had close friends/family who have, and I know how hard it is. My mom and stepdad got a dog after I had moved out of state and I had only met him once but I was pretty emotional when they had to put him down. He was only about 3 years old and loss all use of his back legs. One day he was fine, the next they had to put him down.

ETA- And your next post made me even more sad. So that was kind of out of the blue too. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards