June 2012 Weddings

Shower Favors Question

What are you ladies doing for Shower Favors? I am having white chocolate roses made and wrapping them with black ribbon that say Lisa's shower and the date on them. The roses will be lavender and white...

Question is, do you think this is enough? I was thinking of doing hershey's kisses with thank you stickers on the bottom...

Gary & I camping... We love camping... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Shower Favors Question

• I have never heard of shower favors. I am not a fan of favors in general. I think thanking the people for coming is enough. I think the suckers sound amazing! I voted just suckers.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My mom was super pumped about shower favors.

She ordered stemless wine glasses with "Angela & Jeff" and our wedding date on them and a little bottle of wine for each guest.

I think the suckers are enough. That sounds really cute!
    June 16, 2012
  • My mom is making cake pops for the shower favors. I think what you are planning is enough.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I definitely think that's thoughtful enough! Btw had to laugh at suckers! We say lolli pops here!
  • My MOH bought compacts with butterflies on them.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have no idea, but knowing my BM and MOH that are the main hosts at my shower, it'll be something super creative (and monogrammed - my shower theme).
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_shower-favors-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:de15c213-ca53-46df-bb31-c15ac6280094Post:b7c1a520-6ace-4615-a8da-d8e14319d32b">Re: Shower Favors Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]My mom is making cake pops for the shower favors. I think what you are planning is enough.
    Posted by WEEZIE918[/QUOTE]

I think you're fine with what you have!

But I LOVE cake pops! I had one from a baby shower a couple weeks ago and it was awesome

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_shower-favors-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:de15c213-ca53-46df-bb31-c15ac6280094Post:b7c1a520-6ace-4615-a8da-d8e14319d32b">Re: Shower Favors Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]My mom is making cake pops for the shower favors. I think what you are planning is enough.
    Posted by WEEZIE918[/QUOTE]

I think my FMIL is doing that too.  She got a cake pop maker for christmas and really wants to use it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_shower-favors-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:de15c213-ca53-46df-bb31-c15ac6280094Post:fb4812fa-1a04-4821-a9c4-2b0fbf5c23d9">Re: Shower Favors Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're not doing shower favors
    Posted by Zimsgirl[/QUOTE]

this.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We aren't doing shower favors either.  Call me crazy, but I'm not sure I have ever been to a shower where there have been favors...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 309 Invited so far!
    image 142 Are ready to party!
    image 125 Will be missing out!
    image 42 Are driving me crazy!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_shower-favors-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:de15c213-ca53-46df-bb31-c15ac6280094Post:72ec8c3b-b755-4f55-ae44-b6a144671ed2">Re: Shower Favors Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]We aren't doing shower favors either.  Call me crazy, but I'm not sure I have ever been to a shower where there have been favors...
    Posted by amonis[/QUOTE]

Me either. But always lots of yummy food haha
  • edited February 2012
    I wasn't planning on shower favors. Are you hosting the shower? Just curious if this should be the bride's responsibility or the hosts?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_shower-favors-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:de15c213-ca53-46df-bb31-c15ac6280094Post:5f6d8ecb-e2d4-47b7-a2f0-01bea6b849e1">Re: Shower Favors Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]My mom was super pumped about shower favors.
    Posted by acaponi87[/QUOTE]

Your mom sounds like mine! My shower is at this really cute tea room so she put together favors with personalized tea bags and a little teapot shaped teabag caddy. Shower favors are common where I'm from, I don't think I've ever been to a shower without them - although I definitely don't think they are necessary. I think the lolli pops are plenty and sound super cute!
  • I'm not sure what we're doing yet, but my cousin's a big fan of wine so at her shower the favors were little wine bottle stoppers with a heart on the top.  I thought it was a cute idea.  They're so cute except they're so large that you can't really fit the bottle back in the refrigerator once you re-cork it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are doing cake pops as requested by my MOH and FMIL! The only other shower ihave been to had shamrock wine stoppers as she is a huge wineo and is getting married on St. Patrick's Day.
  • My mom brewed her own vanilla extract.  She had 8 gallons of it brewing and we still have about 2 gallons (after bottling 85+ bottles for the favors).  At least I know I won't run out of vanilla for a long time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards