Wedding Reception Forum

Worried about reception - Country Music

Hi everyone! 

So I am having a wedding out at an old western town with a western carnival/fair theme. Although there will be carnival games for guests to play, as well as amaazing scenery to enjoy, I am worried about the dancing part of the reception.

There is a nice dancefloor built in outdoors for guests, however, due to our theme as well as myself and my groom's taste, we want the music to be mostly country music (the upbeat kind, of course!). Still, I'm not sure how this will go for people dancing? You either have to know a little bit of swing dance, a little bit of two-step, or just be comfortable. 

Is it a bad idea to have country music for the dancing time? Or do you think guests will get along fine and still enjoy themselves? Or should we have dance lessons? Not really sure what to do. I'm not opposed to having the DJ work in other songs once the dinner is over. 

Any opinions would help! Thanks!

Our wedding website: http://atentedaffair.com

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Worried about reception - Country Music

• I personally love country music but I know not everyone does. I say you can have it but also have other non country songs as well. I had country music play during my cocktail hour and when our band took a break, but the other times the band played hits that everyone loved.  Use your best judgement and you'll be fine. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards