African American Weddings

Freaking OUT!!

Hey Everyone. I have thirty one days left and my brain is all over the place.. I still have to buy shoes and bridesmaid gift and jewlery and so much more stuff. I feel so many emotions right now... Is this feeling normal?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Freaking OUT!!

• edited December 2011
    Make yourself a to-do list.  Literally write out all that you have left to do on a piece of paper.  That way you can see what you have and organize yourself.   Decide what it is important and what is not and attack the list that way.  Sometimes when it is all in your head and you can't see it things look much bigger than they really are.  The good think is you still have time to make purchases online which will save you time overall. 

Take a breath and work the list.  HTH
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • lashun1987lashun1987 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much djscat. Im going to do that now...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Also let us know if there is anything we can help you search for.  We are great at finding shoes at great deals and BM gifts also.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_freaking-out-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:1b3f8069-34e8-4bc8-8e75-2fab55718465Post:9faa8966-9a00-4727-96c5-a489a39493dc">Re: Freaking OUT!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks so much djscat. Im going to do that now...
    Posted by lashun1987[/QUOTE]

You are most welcome and like PP said let us help you if we can. 
  • prncszprncsz member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yes very normal to feel this way.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PersonalMilestone Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I would say that feeling is normal, and like pp said make a list of every little thing there is left to do; even if it's minor. Then it can stop swirling around in your mind because it will be on paper. It will allow you to relax and then get everything done in a much calmer manner.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Once you make your list, are there things that you can delegate to others to help you with vs. you having to do everything?  If there are things on your list that you can eliminate, do that now to save yourself time and money.  For any items that have no material impact on the outcome of your day, eliminate them.  Nobody will know except for you.  
    Anniversary
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies.. Yall are great!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies so much. I do need yall help.. I need some cute shoes not expensive my dress is ivory. Im thinking earrings and a bracelet for my bm but i just dont know where to look?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_freaking-out-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:1b3f8069-34e8-4bc8-8e75-2fab55718465Post:336ce7d7-74c4-4ef2-9fba-63a02b14f679">Re: Freaking OUT!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks ladies so much. I do need yall help.. I need some cute shoes not expensive my dress is ivory. <strong>Im thinking earrings and a bracelet for my bm but i just dont know where to look?</strong>
    Posted by lashun1987[/QUOTE]

Believe it or not Ebay.  They have everything you can think of under the sun.  That is where I got the jewlery for myself. I will be going back to pick up the jewlery for my BM there as well.  That is once we pick a dress.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards