Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

OOT Bags??

Hi Friends!

Starting to think about OOT bags (our wedding is 113 days away... WHEN DID IT GET SO SOON!?!).  Anyone have any cute suggestions for things to put inside?  FH is from the Philly area so we'll have a lot of people traveling and I want to show them what the GOOD side of the state has to offer (heh!).  I used to work at Eat n Park, so thought maybe a smiley cookie.  Or maybe a tiny heinz bottle, but I don't know because I don't really want to customize them, so then that's sort of silly to give someone a small bottle of ketchup, huh? Definitely a "Guide to Pittsburgh" from a visitor center and probably a print out from our website with a list of our favorite things to do in Pittsburgh... I just feel like I havent thought of the right "cute PIttsburgh thing" to include...

Thanks in advance! :)
Chelsey

Re: OOT Bags??

• I'm thinking of doing the same thing.  You can't go wrong with food and smiley cookies.  Other things to consider are: Clark bars, Sarris chocolate or pretzels, a bottle of local beer, Pittsburgh popcorn, Enrico biscotti.  Going the non-alcoholic route Market District has nice flavors of bottled iced tea for $1 each.  There are options for non-customized Heinz bottles and that is cool because not everyone realizes it is from Pittsburgh.  American Eagle Outfitters is also headquartered in Pittsburgh, a scarf or T-shirt could be nice depending on the age of the recipient. 
    I think you might be able to get a nice Pittsburgh map at the Heinz history center and possibly some pickle pins there too.
  • edited December 2012
    I included the Pittsburgh-ese guidebook in the bags at my first wedding.

I think the bottle of heinz ketchup is cute. something kind of whimsical and useful too. Definitely a smiley cookie.

There used to be a website that offered all things Pittsburgh (and other cities too). Let me google and see what I come up with.
    --------------------------------------------

found it - check out 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I'm just starting to work on this too!! Here is what we're including:

1. Welcome packet with info on wedding events, a thank you, directions, things to do in the area, and a pittsburghese page
    2. SMiley cookie
    3. Small thing of Sarris Chocolate or one of those individually wrapped choc. covered pretzels
    4. water with a travel packet of 2 advil ("hangover helper")
    5. Pittsburgh visitors guide
    6. Snyders pretzels or chips
    7. Maybe Clark Bars even though they aren't made in Pgh anymore

I have seen a number of other suggestions on this board, including pickle pins and like you mentioned, the heinz ketchup bottles. I just eliminated those though because with the ketchup, I don't think its worth the money and people arent really into the pickle pins or anything that says something about your wedding (like a coozie) after the wkd of the wedding. Just think about including practical items.

I would also think about your favorite things, like you mentioned the smiley cookie. One of my favorites from the Strip is the Enrico's Biscotti, so I plan on contacting them to see if I can get any type of bulk deal so I can include it in the OOT bag. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_oot-bags-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:116Discussion:c322b50e-e9cd-4413-855a-0d8c15c57a43Post:62472664-ece7-420b-aa59-f370af386c84">Re: OOT Bags??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm just starting to work on this too!! Here is what we're including: 1. Welcome packet with info on wedding events, a thank you, directions, things to do in the area, and a pittsburghese page 2. SMiley cookie 3. Small thing of Sarris Chocolate or one of those individually wrapped choc. covered pretzels 4. water with a travel packet of 2 advil ("hangover helper") 5. Pittsburgh visitors guide 6. Snyders pretzels or chips 7. Maybe Clark Bars even though they aren't made in Pgh anymore I have seen a number of other suggestions on this board, including pickle pins and like you mentioned, the heinz ketchup bottles. I just eliminated those though because with the ketchup, I don't think its worth the money and people arent really into the pickle pins or anything that says something about your wedding (like a coozie) after the wkd of the wedding. Just think about including practical items. I would also think about your favorite things, like you mentioned the smiley cookie. One of my favorites from the Strip is the Enrico's Biscotti, so I plan on contacting them to see if I can get any type of bulk deal so I can include it in the OOT bag. :)
    Posted by Caitlynmk[/QUOTE]

How did you get a bulk order of the Pittsburgh Visitors Guide? I looked and you could only order them individually, did they charge you for such a large quantity?
  • I actually picked up a bunch of them while walking around Station Square. Initially I saw them during a meeting at the Sheraton and then as I walked through the mall area, they have them in large quantities by the doors. I still need to get a few more because I made sure to leave a couple in each spot in case tourists needed them.. haha!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_oot-bags-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:c322b50e-e9cd-4413-855a-0d8c15c57a43Post:43dd5568-91f1-400f-ba3f-a0a79b58568f">Re: OOT Bags??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I actually picked up a bunch of them while walking around Station Square. Initially I saw them during a meeting at the Sheraton and then as I walked through the mall area, they have them in large quantities by the doors. I still need to get a few more because I made sure to leave a couple in each spot in case tourists needed them.. haha!
    Posted by Caitlynmk[/QUOTE]

<div>That's a great idea!! We'll be in town in a few weekends to meet with the organist at Saint Mary of the Mount on Mount Washington, so that's great timing to have dinner in Station Square and "grab" about 1,000 of those... Haha!!! :) </div><div>
    </div><div>I love all of these ideas for things to include!! I hope more people leave more ideas, too!!  Thanks, everyone!! </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards