Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

just home from b pics!

And it was pretty great!
I was super nervous, but Cadence and her team made me feel relaxed and comfortable.  A couple of glasses of bubbly helped too :) I am really glad I did it and can't wait to see how the pics turned out.  It's amazing how quickly you get comfortable running around in your underwear in front of strangers!
It was nice to meet felllow knottie Kayla too :)
Good luck to tomorrow's group, you'll do great!
Angie

Re: just home from b pics!

• edited December 2011
    Yay I'm so glad you had a great time!!  I can't wait for my turn tomorrow :)

My Planning Bio Updated 9.2.11
    My New House Bio! Updated 5.8.11
    image 356 Invited image 144 will be there! image 212 missing out image 0 holding up the show

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Woop we survived :) Glad to hear yours went well!!  I had fun too, not sure what my serious/"sexy" faces will look like but it was a good time none the less! 

Good luck Jenn, you will have a great time, especially with all your friends doing it as well!
    June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Woo-hoo, just home too!!!  It was a blast!!  I am with you Kayla - not sure what my sexy face looks like either... hopefully between the outfits (or lack thereof), the makeup, the hair and the lighting, FI won't notice if my face looks weird  :)  Cadence and Steph gave such great direction, I felt like a pro by the end.  Suzy did an amazing job with my hair and makeup, and with all of Cadence's and Steph's encouragement, I seriously "felt the part," you know?  Not like my normal, funny, slightly awkward and outgoing self.... I transformed into a sexy model - at least in my head - and felt very confident and photogenic!  Honestly, it was really a huge confidence builder...which is not what you'd expect from prancing around in lingerie in front of strangers!

I am SOOOOO glad I did it!!  Now the wait.... I am so excited to see the pics!!  Question for you ladies - which option did you circle on the waiver as far as use of the photos for her website??

My Planning Bio Updated 9.2.11
    My New House Bio! Updated 5.8.11
    image 356 Invited image 144 will be there! image 212 missing out image 0 holding up the show

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    So glad you had a great time!!  I think I am actually more nervous to see the pics than I was to take them! 

I chose the 3rd option...about if she wants to use them she can as long as my face is not in them.   I decided I don't care...plus I am guessing my pics wouldnt be anything she'd want to use!! haha
  • edited December 2011
    I'm nervous to see them too!! Plus, I've almost spilled the beans to FI several times! haha
    I chose the option of ok to share, just not face. Before I left though Cadence asked me if I would be OK with head shots, no body showing on the blog? I told her that was fine, I trust her....just hope I wasn't making some ridiculous faces, cause I felt like I was :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_just-home-b-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:13fa8f6f-f866-4d8d-8f4c-1561657ef180Post:611f3463-8a58-4377-9988-a3f128353e6b">Re: just home from b pics!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm nervous to see them too!! Plus, I've almost spilled the beans to FI several times! haha I chose the option of ok to share, just not face. Before I left though <strong>Cadence asked me if I would be OK with head shots, no body showing on the blog? I told her that was fine, I trust her....just hope I wasn't making some ridiculous faces, cause I felt like I was :)
    </strong>Posted by martiac225[/QUOTE]

<strong><font color="#800080">Ha, you must not have been making ridiculous faces if she asked you this!! 

I have a bad feeling about seeing mine...eeek oh well, I tried!

After having that dude walk in on my shoot I suppose it doesn't matter what option I chose ;) hahaha that was the highlight of my day</font></strong>
  • edited December 2011
    I LOVED my session with Cadence. :) She was such a pro and Steph was wonderful too - btw how hilarious is Suzy!? We gossiped like we were in a salon. lol. super fun time -

What outfits did you ladies use? Did you use the sheets? I loved those ones I think they'll be great. I can't wait to see them!

I chose the third option as well... hopefully she'll airbrush a tad so I can be proud of it even w/o my face hahahahha. :) YAY!
    12/17/86 - "Once upon a time...." 10/08/11 - "Happily ever after..." imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker White Knot Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    That was pretty funny Kayla, he  was prolly like wtf!? I did some shots (just in undies) with those curtains/fabric hanging in the door and I was just waiting for someone to walk by or in and see me.  Don't be nervous, I'm sure they turned out great!

LC, are you talking about the door draping? If not, we didn't use any sheets.  I did some shots in a black nightie, some in FI's dress shirt and tie, one with undies and my boxing gloves, one in undies and his Yankee's bb hat and a couple in the doorway in undies.  I had sooo many choices b/c I wasn't sure what to bring. 

Suzy was hilarious and Steph was amazing at showing me what to do.  It was  a really good time and def a confidence booster. So happy I didn't chicken out :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards