August 2011 Weddings

Wedding planning/organizing book

Hello there. New to the site and just engaged on NYE. While we haven't set a date, I am shooting for mid-late summer of 2011. I know it's a little early, but I already feel like I am in over my head.  See, we live in Houston and are planning our wedding in our hometown area of West Alexandria, Ohio.
I really don't know where to begin. My first thought is to turn to a wedding planning/organizing book. I had bought one for a friend last year that had a month by month schedule, as well as checklists for each step.
Wondering if there was any books you specifically recommend? I was planning to buy 4, one for myself, my mom, my MIL, and my MOH. Any thoughts?

Re: Wedding planning/organizing book

• I have "Simply Stunning Wedding organizer" 
    as well as a big pink one that came with a tote bag, right now thats my favorite, but I added in a few plastic sleeves with it to put cut out pictures. Find one you can carry with you around to all the venues, they all have good questions to ask all of them! 
    You can also buy small books with guest list pages etc for your mil and mom and your MOH, that way you can all come together and combine lists, cross people off etc. 

My books have helped me tremendously! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards