Nevada-Las Vegas

makeup in the 702 prices

just wondering if anyone knows what the prices for hair & makeup is like through "makeup in the 702" and if you used this vendor, what was your experience like??

TIA

Re: makeup in the 702 prices

• edited December 2011
    I got prices in Apr from Megan at Make Up In The 702, but the stuff she sent said it was 2008 prices - but I assumed that they were right for this year too.

Hair Only $150
    Make Up Only  $150
    Hair & Make Up  $250

MOB/MOG Hair $75 (typical short style)
    MOB/MOG Both $200

Trial Hair  $75
    Trial Make Up $75

I didn't book them as I wanted a trial and couldn't afford to spend $400 in total on just my hair and make-up.

They were really quick to reply to my emails and seemed super friendly (a bit too overly friendly for my liking, but I'm a bit of a miserable Scottish lassie!!)
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Daisypath Anniversary tickers Click Here for our Planning Webpage
  • wenawinterwenawinter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Esther.  Those were the same prices I got about 2 weeks ago.  A little too high for me to pay.  It looks like they do great work, but a little out of my price range.

I have booked Stevee Danielle for my hair & makeup and for the girls.  I am paying $120 for hair & makeup and from their website their work looks beautiful.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yes those are the prices I got when I got a quote from them a few months ago.
  • edited December 2011
    YIKES!
    they are definately out of my price range.

I must've picked a busy day for my wedding, as many of the vendors are unavailable.
  • aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Who have you tried already?  I highly recommend Francesca from Bobbie Pin Beauty, she was the only one I found who was remotely affordable.  I think my hair and makeup was $150.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • edited December 2011
    yes, I tried francesca, but she doesn't do airbrush.

contacted Lori White, but no airbrush service available through her either.

I'm on the fence with glamsquad due to teh amount of mixed reviews, besides their prices aren't the greatest either.
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, airbrush is probably going to cost you...  Does it have to be a traveling stylist?  I think ARCS at Mandalay Place might do airbrush, and their prices weren't awful...

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • edited December 2011

it would be very helpful to have the stylist come to the room, I don't want to have to run around that afternoon.

i've consider having it done at the hotel of my wedding venue, but prices at the wynn aren't cheap.

• edited December 2011
    I'm going with Glamsquad, they have gotten a ton of good reviews, and not every vendor is going to get 100% positive reviews because everyone likes different things. : ) I looked around and their price was pretty decent compared to others. Good luck!
    edited December 2011
    What does your day look like?  Airbrush is supposed to be quite durable, so you could do your makeup appointment earlier in the day, and maybe get the hair done somewhere closer later...  It sucks, but airbrush might not be in the cards for you if budget and timeline are more important.  :/

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_makeup-702-prices?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:f218394c-e680-4f7d-9cfd-223f0627f911Post:338068fc-5f11-4afe-9923-e301d7a60f8d">Re: makeup in the 702 prices</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm going with Glamsquad, they have gotten a ton of good reviews, and not every vendor is going to get 100% positive reviews because everyone likes different things.
    Posted by Kmills811[/QUOTE]

Ditto this.

I have only seen a handful of negative reviews about Glamsquad and compared to the large number of knotties that use them and have given good reviews, it's not a bad ratio. I only wish they included a trial!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I used Megan from Makeup in the 702. My review is in my bio (link below). I loved her and yes she was a little more expensive but IMO totally worth it. This was one of the things I splurged on because I wanted to be sure I looked as good as possible. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_makeup-702-prices?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:f218394c-e680-4f7d-9cfd-223f0627f911Post:38a4ed0a-d884-4b90-a1bc-37c7ede3bc81">Re: makeup in the 702 prices</a>:
    [QUOTE]What does your day look like?  Airbrush is supposed to be quite durable, so you could do your makeup appointment earlier in the day, and maybe get the hair done somewhere closer later...  It sucks, but airbrush might not be in the cards for you if budget and timeline are more important.  :/
    Posted by aerinpegadrak[/QUOTE]

That's true, I guess I could use 2 different vendors. Ceremony at wynn is at 4:30 and will need to be at the salon by 4. I'm staying at MGM...so I should leave there by 3:30 (I rather be early and wait, than to be rushed and be late). with that said, I figured I'd have to start getting ready by 12:30 the latest since it'd be me, MOB, MOH, and 1BM.
    edited December 2011
    Are your girls all wanting airbrushed makeup too?  It sounds like doing makeup first might be the best compromise, and if you go to a salon (rather than having one or two stylists come to you) it should be faster that way for everyone. 

• bcschumanbcschuman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Has anyone heard any sort of reviews about Harmony Medina???  She is very reasonably priced and I think has nice work from what is on her site... and she does airbrush too.

• jawordenjaworden member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married on August 7th and used Makeup in 702 for my hair and makeup and for mother's hair....they were AMAZING!!!!  I felt my hair and makeup was worth every penny!  I couldn't believe how great my makeup looked, felt and stayed on!  Everyone was really impressed with how knowledgable and nice the girls were!  I would recommend them to anyone!
  • edited December 2011
    Glamsquad - I was pretty excited after reading all the positive reviews also.
    Unfortunately when I checked out their website, I didnt care for what I saw and opted against using them.  One thing to keep in mind with your makeup & hair is do you want a totally different look on your wedding day or something more like your everyday look, but a little dressier?  I really felt that Glamsquad would have doen a lovely job, but not for me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards