Colorado-Denver

When is the right time for Invites?

Hello!
Thanks for helping me find places for DIY Invitations. Another quick question - What is the timeline to send out invitations? I am having a plated dinner so my venue needs to know 2 weeks ahead of time with the guests selection which will be optional on the RSVP card. Any ideas?

I am just worried DIY invitations will take to long for a July 2 wedding!
- R&G - July 2, 2011

Re: When is the right time for Invites?

• edited December 2011
    Our Wedding is April 30th we need to have a head count in by April 23rd ( 7 days before)

I am sending out my Invites 13 weeks before and asking for RSVP's to be back by April 2nd ( 3 weeks before head count needs to be in, 4 weeks before wedding.) to give me time to call anyone who hasn't RSVP'd

You have pently of time to get invites out. I would say at the Begining of April you will be fine.. That gives you about 12 weeks before the wedding

I would say have RSVP's Back by May 28th so you can have your Head count by June 18th ( two weeks before wedding).

Hope that helps.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • JessieR933JessieR933 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Wifeandmommy
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • mizjodimizjodi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

The general rule of thumb for sending out invites is 6-8 weeks, but 10 weeks can be acceptable if travel will be involved. We're stretching the rule with the 10 weeks, just because the majority of people DO have to travel from out of state.

HTH!

BabyFruit Ticker boots badgeDaisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I also think since it's over " 4th of July Weekend" you should send them out earilier as people make plans for that weekend. That is why i said about 12 to 13 weeks.
  • edited December 2011
    Perfect. Thanks again :)
    Invitations = no fun
    - R&G - July 2, 2011
  • edited December 2011
    I totlly age Giulianamd it's no fun best of luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards