Michigan-Grand Rapids

looking for an inexpensive venue in Grand Rapids

We are looking for something unique and inexpensive in the Grand Rapids area for our reception. We aren't going to spend alot of money and it seems that everything starts at around $5,000. We don't want that. Can anyone suggest anything? ANYthing at all, so that I can research. It's getting frustrating!

Thanks!

Re: looking for an inexpensive venue in Grand Rapids

• edited December 2011
    What kind of venue are you looking for?  There are several knights of Columbus halls around town.  You could try on a Friday or off season also to save money.
  • rosesarefreerosesarefree member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just booked the Community Center in Grand Haven. We are getting married in Central Park across the street for $150, and rental of the venue is $1100. The bonus is that you can use your own caterer and bartenders as long as they're licensed. Huge savings! Grand Haven is such a beautiful town and there's a lot to do that is cheap or free as well if any of your guests want to make a weekend of it.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I can't seem to shake the stigma of the KOF or VFW hall. In my mind, I think old men, cigarettes and stale cigar smells. Am I wrong?

• edited December 2011
    Is there a website I can go to so I can see some pics?
    Thanks!!
  • edited December 2011
    I am having my reception at McFadden's the room rental fee is $500 on Saturday night.  There catering menu is on their website, I think food is reasonably priced but alcohol is on the expensive side.
  • edited December 2011
    Agree with McFaddens....we are having our reception there as well and the prices are unbeatable.  The Pearl Room is beautiful and Erin is amazing to work with.  Check their website for the catering menu....oh and the food is awesome too!!

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My reception is at La Hacienda on 28th St. and Berlingame. It's lovely, and Jesus, the owner, is so nice and accomidating!

Friday is $900
    Saturday is $1200
    Sunday is $600

Plus, you get to bring in your own food and alcohol! It fits 180 people.

Good Luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! We're also going to look at Pepsi Stadium (at 5/3 ballpark)- it's $500 on a non-game night!
  • smsalatsmsalat member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could check out Aquinas College, the Wege Ballroom is very nice (for larger events) and the Donnely Center is nice also (cheaper and holds less people).  We budgeted 5000 for our whole wedding, and we went just over that.  You have to hire a bar tending service (they give you reccommended ones).  If you check them out go to Aquinas' website and click on Departments: Departments A-Z then click on Conferencing Services.  HTH
  • edited December 2011

Check St.Adalberts reception hall i think it fits 300 people and you can cater and alcohol yourself plus its only like 800-900 dollars
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards