Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

food possibilites

We have just started planning possible choices for our menu and can't all seem to agree. We are having passed appetizers and a fruit and cheese spread with various breads during cocktail hour.  For dinner we are having a plated salad with a buffet. I was thinking of doing a chicken choice and maybe a pasta option for the main course. Then either one or two side options. However, I haven been told that is best to have a to beef choice for the guest. I was hoping if we do one meat (chicken) and the pasta it would cut down on cost since beef can be expensive. Also my fiance doesn't eat beef. What is your opinion? Do I need to meat choices or is chicken and pasta enough?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: food possibilites

• Options
    mpatt2122mpatt2122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think chicken and pasta would be just fine.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Chicken and pasta is likely more versatile and more gracious to guests who may be vegetarians. No need for beef unless you want it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_food-possibilites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:c58f59e1-ccc3-474b-b5a0-385eb35330cfPost:658a6d9d-9256-4ac4-8ba3-e6f6c4ccefe9">Re: food possibilites</a>:
    [QUOTE]Chicken and pasta is likely more versatile and more gracious to guests who may be vegetarians. No need for beef unless you want it!
    Posted by NOLAbridealmost[/QUOTE]

<div>This.</div>
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    futurepivkofuturepivko member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_food-possibilites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:c58f59e1-ccc3-474b-b5a0-385eb35330cfPost:658a6d9d-9256-4ac4-8ba3-e6f6c4ccefe9">Re: food possibilites</a>:
    [QUOTE]Chicken and pasta is likely more versatile and more gracious to guests who may be vegetarians. No need for beef unless you want it!
    Posted by NOLAbridealmost[/QUOTE]

this. chicken and pasta would be fine. what are the sides?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Chicken and Pasta are just fine!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I voted for chicken and pasta because I think it would be perfectly fine, but I do want to make the point that you may want to briefly consider any allergies of close relatives (if you haven't already).  I only say this because my Grandma is extremely allergic to anything poultry so I want to make sure that I have food options for her that are poultry free (including eggs).  I'm not suggesting you accommodate everyone's needs, but if there are any special people/relatives in your wedding you'll likely want them to be able to eat something!  ...But I see no issue with only having one meat option!  :)
  • Options
    peanutty2peanutty2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No need to have the beef if you don't want it!  We're doing a chicken dish and eggplant dish for our buffet with a pasta and vegetable side.  What type of pasta are you doing and what are the sides?  A lot of people consider pasta more of a "side" item, so you might want to go with a heartier, more involved pasta if it's supposed to be the entree (a ravioli or lasagna or a pasta with veggies or something) and of course, don't have a pasta "side" then... also I'd want to have more of the pasta dish too then since people may take the chicken and the pasta (whereas if it's something like beef I'm guessing anyway, most people would take just one or the other?).
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think chicken and pasta is fine!

I'm doing chicken and pasta but I'm having a strip steak carving station (at my parents request).

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards