Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Know anything about Scranton, Pa?

Hi guys,  I know this is obviously the philly board but it's so frustrating that there are so few on the northeastern Pa board to help with things and we originally wanted to get married in the Philly area, but i think our big contender is now in Scranton.

Has anyone heard reviews or been to a wedding at the Lackawanna Station in Scranton ?  (it's also called the Radisson hotel).   It's at the top of our list for several sentimental reasons but just want to make sure it had good reviews for weddings. I researched a few sites but they are all mostly fot the hotel aspect vs. wedding.

Also, while i'm on topic, are you aware of any great vendors with a decent budget in the area? :

Florist
Photographer & Videographer
DJ

Thanks bunches!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Know anything about Scranton, Pa?

• edited December 2011
    Can you look on wedding wire?  

I've been to Scranton several times, but no nothing about weddings there.  
  • edited December 2011

Dunder Mifflin.

Ditto WeddingWire.

• Play getawayPlay getaway member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What's dunder mifflin?  :)
         Like darn?

Thanks guys, just checked but it's not listed.  is that a bad sign?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ohh. just kidding. just found it, it was under "radission"

thanks! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I know nothing about Scranton, but Dunder Mifflin is from the TV show, The Office.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

ah. :) 

idk why i never got into that show, i know it has a huge following though.  Thanks for the clarification.  Although, darn would've been fine with me too :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hahah @ Steffiel. My first thought was call Phyllis Vance.  She planned a wedding in Scranton. 
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • edited December 2011

Theres also the Hilton in Scranton.  Its across from the Lackawanna Station.  Coworker's brother had his reception there and from what I heard..there were no big problems.

I've stayed as a guest there several times in the winter and have never had any problems. 

• hugz415hugz415 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Radisson/Lackawanna Station is actually really nice.  I stayed there for a conference for work.  The rooms were nice and I did eat at the restaurant and the food was good.  I like that its the old railroad station - gives it some charm.  Also, not sure how far you want to go from Scranton but SkyTop Lodge is gorgeous.  www.skytop.com
    BFP#1 10/30/2011,MC 12/4/2011 9w2d,BFP#2 3/6/2012,m/c 4/18/2012 9w1d D&E 4/18/2012 BFP#3 8/12/2012 EDD 4/25/2013 Stick baby!! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards